ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European Travel

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

European Travel

Post by THO » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 am

Hi All,

I am British, my wife is from Vietnam and is living with me in the UK on the first 2.5 years of a Spouse visa.

We are thinking of going to Europe and arriving back in UK before Dec 31st this year. Currently, obviously I do not need any kind of visa, but does my wife if she is travelling with me? If so, is it a Schengen visa that she would require?

What if we leave before 31st, but arrive back in Jan 2021? Would I need a visa to go, or would I be fine? And how about my wife?

What if we both go in Jan 21? We will both need a visa, but will it be the same one?

Thanks,

THO.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: European Travel

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:18 am

THO wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 am
Hi All,

I am British, my wife is from Vietnam and is living with me in the UK on the first 2.5 years of a Spouse visa.

We are thinking of going to Europe and arriving back in UK before Dec 31st this year. Currently, obviously I do not need any kind of visa, but does my wife if she is travelling with me? If so, is it a Schengen visa that she would require?
I understand the following:
Schengen Visa (or Country Visa if the country is not part of Schengen).
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... o_apply_en

What if we leave before 31st, but arrive back in Jan 2021? Would I need a visa to go, or would I be fine? And how about my wife?
No visa for British citizens (see below) - wife needs Schengen as above.

What if we both go in Jan 21? We will both need a visa, but will it be the same one?
Refer to https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021
British citizens can stay for tourist purposes visa free for 90 days - your wife needs the Schengen Visa (or Country Visa if the country is not part of Schengen).

Check country Covid advice on the consulate websites before making firm bookings!

Thanks,

THO.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: European Travel

Post by THO » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks Alter. Much appreciated.