ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry about family visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jafersadeq

Re: Enquiry about family visa

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Many thanks for your answer,
It is for initial visa, but I have to know about the extension requirements.
I met a friend who got a spouse visa last year, he told me that he does not need any income because he submitted it in his initial application, he said if someone got the visa, he is free, no income or saving requirement... so I asked about the extension.

Please advise

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:26 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:17 pm

3. yes usually title register, mortgage station and noc letter is needed.

I have a second house but there is a tenant currently, is it possible to write to them and tell them that the house will be ready for my son and his wife? I can sponsor him in the UK, what shall I do ?

4. Origin of funds will have to declare.
My question was: the time before the ILR, my son was my dependent, I gave him a gift in our home country, after that he got his ILR, will HO ask why I gave him the gift when he was dependent?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:30 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 pm
Many thanks for your answer,
It is for initial visa, but I have to know about the extension requirements.
Better to focus on initial visa for now whilst remain tuned here where numerous threads are readable about it.
jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 pm
I met a friend who got a spouse visa last year, he told me that he does not need any income because he submitted it in his initial application, he said if someone got the visa, he is free, no income or saving requirement... so I asked about the extension.

Please advise
If possible then dont talk with him next time about immigration matters. The income requirement may only not be required where if you switch into longer route of flrp (10 years).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:34 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:26 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:17 pm

3. yes usually title register, mortgage station and noc letter is needed.

I have a second house but there is a tenant currently, is it possible to write to them and tell them that the house will be ready for my son and his wife? I can sponsor him in the UK, what shall I do ?

4. Origin of funds will have to declare.
My question was: the time before the ILR, my son was my dependent, I gave him a gift in our home country, after that he got his ILR, will HO ask why I gave him the gift when he was dependent?
3. Not a good idea as tenants may not leave or get evicted in timely.

4. Simply write few easier words on a piece of paper and describe in few easier words as how the funds have been amassed and derived. And attach it along with 6 months of bank statement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm

I appreciate your help,
I have to know about the extension to take care and to understand the procedure.
For visa extension (further 2.5 years) is the income required for the whole 2.5 years ? so my son has to have either the £62500 saving or has an income £18,000 every year for the whole 2.5 years?

Sorry to bother you,
I have enough funds in the UK to sponsor my son in the UK, can I use that to clarify about his accommodation?

Also the gift I gave him was before his marriage, is that ok?
Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm
I appreciate your help,
I have to know about the extension to take care and to understand the procedure.
OK
jafersadeq wrote:
For visa extension (further 2.5 years) is the income required for the whole 2.5 years ? so my son has to have either the £62500 saving or has an income £18,000 every year for the whole 2.5 years?
For next extension, only the income earned or cash savings held during the last 6 months from the point of application will matter instead 2.5 years.
jafersadeq wrote:
Sorry to bother you,
I have enough funds in the UK to sponsor my son in the UK, can I use that to clarify about his accommodation?

Regards
It doesnt matter as when the funds were transposed rather only the last 6 months are critical during which these funds need to have been held in the possession (account) of either the applicant or the sponsor.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:05 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
I appreciate your help,
For visa extension (further 2.5 years) is the income required for the whole 2.5 years ? so my son has to have either the £62500 saving or has an income £18,000 £18,600 if it has not changed by then every year for the whole 2.5 years?

Sorry to bother you,

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Also the gifts are usually expected to be none-returnable, albeit i never seen/heard any enquiry afterwards of getting the visa.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm

For next extension, only the income earned or cash savings held during the last 6 months from the point of application will matter instead 2.5 years.
That means no need for saving or income or any financial requirement for the first 2 years of visa, only the last 6 months before the extension application.. Is that right?
Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm

That means no need for saving or income or any financial requirement for the first 2 years of visa, only the last 6 months before the extension application.. Is that right?
Regards
yes precisely