ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEPTEMBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:43 am

Dear Vijay,

As far as your case is concerned if you want to call your family within 12 months from your arrival to uk than you have to maintain funds for your family also ie 2800+1600+1600== 6000 pounds and these funds you have to show when you apply for yousef only.
you can apply alone also but have to show funds maintained for your family the last three months in your account.

regards,
depinder

vijaypalrana

Post by vijaypalrana » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:05 am

Hi Depinder,

So you mean that in any case I will have to show total 6000 GBP in my account for 3 months.

anubhav78

Re: Documents list + Earnings question

Post by anubhav78 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 am

1. Show 10L.
2. Even I had a doubt regarding this. It is i guess section 4.8 of the Appendix-1. I did not uplift the earnings in this section. Instead I added an addendum to this form in the end, reconstructed the whole table with an extra column showing the uplifted earnings too...

sppc42 wrote:Hi,

Am also planning to apply in Sept08. I just made a call to VFS and got a list of the items that I need to submit (sharing it out):

-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Passport
2. 2 recent colored photos (45x35). White background. Dark clothes. glossy finish.
3. Application forms for VAF9 and Appendix 1
4. Rs51,000/- demand draft in the favor of British Deputy High Commission, payable at chennai
5. Covering letter
6. Contract of application of a job in UK (if applicable)
7. Acommodation letter. This includes a NOC from a friend/relative living in UK and their accomodation proof (lease document or gas/electricity etc bills.). Alternatively, I have also learnt that a hotel booking from booking.com can also be used.
8. 15 months bank statement (last 3 months showing atleast 2800pounds) - letter from bank manager in case you take online printouts of statement, citing the authenticity of the printouts. This letter should contain your name, acc num, certification that the pritinouts are original etc. Note that, these statements should be atmost 7 days prior to applying.
9. Integra form
10. IT returns: Form16 for the last 3 years
11. Payslips 12 months
12. Educational certificates 10th onwards
13. Previous work experience certificate
14. Language Proof

Following Photocopies are required:
1. VAF9 + appendix 1
2. additional integra form
3. HSMP points performa
4. Payslips
5. All pages of passport including blank pages
6. Educational certificates
7. Contract of employment (if applicable)

I have couple of queries about showing the earnings:
1. I have a gross income of ~12Lac rupees. But around ~2lacs is a bonus that is given at the end of the year. So, in my payslips, I get only ~10lacs. So, which amount should I mention in the earnings?
2. Doing the conversion on the points calculator, talking 1INR = 0.01262GBP. So, what will be my equivalent salary in GBP? I understand that doing simple maths, it is 12620 pounds (for 10lac). Is that correct? Because the points calculator site is showing me the same but is also shoing 66886.00 as the salary equivalent. What is the meaning of that?

Appreciate any inputs there.
Thanks

anubhav78

Re: Hi

Post by anubhav78 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 am

A smooth integra verification speedens your appln processing.
You would not find the Integra form anywhere on the web.
Instead, mail the VFS guys. They would send you the Integra (btw they now call it the PBS form).
vimukt wrote:hi,

I am also planning for same date from VFS Pune, its good if we can share information like covering letter u r using as well as accomodation arrangements made....u can mail me on vimukt@gmail.com

The answers to ur queries are :

1) YOU MAY MENTION 12LACS with a proof from your employer stating about the bonus u got :)

2. the points calculator site shows conversion in GBP on basis of country group u belong to : Actually they have divided countries to difft bands and INDIA belongs to band D so ur earnings are multiplied by 5.3 to find ur GBP equivalent.

Any one in the group can explain me about the integra process and form I need to use for the same ?

Lets make it possible,
Vimukt

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 am

vijay,

yes only if you want to call your family to uk within 12 months

other wise 2800
if you do not maintain the required balance than you cannot call your family within 12 months of your arrival to uk

deepiner

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:33 am

Thanks for your answers Deepinder,

Just to confirm if I understood it right.

Assuming I apply in Oct 2008 and I mention that I will arrive in UK in 01-Feb-09, I will get visa from 01-Feb-09 for 3 years. In my application if I mention that my family will join me in 01-Feb-2010, I do not need to show funds for them even if I do have funds. Is this correct?

In case, I show funds for them. Can I show 2800 + 1600 pounds from my savings account for me & my daughter and 1600 pounds for my wife from her savings account? Is this valid? Is it worth showing these funds if I apply alone even if I am married & have kid?.
Best regards,
Mani

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:49 pm

I am going to apply tomorrow and called an immigration company to check my dcouments beforehand. They said that the waiting time is now about 4 months due to an influx of applicants from the HSMP deadline :(
Very sad news, anyone heard anything otherwise?

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi Jessies, you are scaring me. Where are you applying at?

Anyone applying from USA at NY? Any idea how much time it takes in NY? I am planning to apply in Oct first week.
Best regards,
Mani

sandeep.momula
Newly Registered

Do we need 10th and 11th, 12th standard cert for visa

Post by sandeep.momula » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi guys,

Do we really need 10th and 11th, 12th standard certificates for applying UK visa, for age proof or education qualification points

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:44 pm

heya
I am applying from London, am going to call another company tomorrow to confirm waiting time, will let you know

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:13 am

For your age proof, your Original Passport is sufficient.

Produce your degree certificates original for educational qualification proof.
Best regards,
Mani

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:48 am

DEAR Mjmani,
IN your case if you want to call your family within one year you have to shows funds for them n if not you are calling them after one year than you don;t have to

To show funds
2800+1600+1600 ==6000 pounds

these funds should be available in your saving and can be in the joint account with your wife only. your wife is not eligible to show her savings to support her, reason being you are the principal applicant

dear sandeep,

Only passport is required to show your age proof as per the PBS guidelines if any confusion go thru the guidelines first n if not able to locate it tellme will help you.

regards,
deepinder

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:46 am

hey

I called another company and they said that the processing times for HSMP applications and initial tier 1 application are different. He said the processing times vary but in general the HSMP applications take longer bec they are still processing applications from April. Whilst the intial tier 1 applications should be quicker (8-9 weeks)

sandeep.momula
Newly Registered

Fund Maintenance question

Post by sandeep.momula » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 am

Hi guys,

One of the criteria for UK visa General Tier I is maintaining funds for three months. The three months duration should be from 1st of a month to 31st of a month or it can be any date covering 90 days or 3 months duration. For example, i've been maintaining funds from 11th of July, so, my three months duration ends at 12th of October. Should i wait until October completes or i can apply after 12th October. Please suggest.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 am

any date of the month as long as it overs 3 monhths

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks Deepinder,
I am going to show funds only for myself this time and mention my family will be joining me in Feb 2010. I guess we need not have to submit any proof for my family will not join me before 2010, right?

Thanks Jessies,
That is a good news for me.
Best regards,
Mani

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 Visa by 2nd week of Sept. I have filed following documents:

1)Original passport.
2)Birth Certificate
3)51,000/- DD payable at New Delhi
4)Cover Letter
5)Photograph
6)Original degree
7)12 months sal slip and bank statement
8)English test certificate
9)letter from bank stating suthenticity of statements and level of funds

Can somebody please tell me if I missed out on something?

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Assuming you have the necessary forms filled, I guess you're all set. Did you cross-check what it says as paid to you in your Salary Slips to what was actually paid in your bank account?
To be crisp, cross check Sal Slip and Bank statement to see if the amounts match exactly. If there are minor differences and you know the reason, it is better to mention in your cover letter.

Salary slips must be original (even original should not look like a printout on blank paper) or it must be signed, sealed by your company.

Similar comment applies to bank statement. Either original (that has some color on it) or signed, sealed by bank.

Best of Luck!
Best regards,
Mani

daroori
Newly Registered

EC Applied on 4th Sept 08

Post by daroori » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 am

Hello All,

I applied for EC on 4th Sept 08 from Bangalore, with the HSMP Approval letter that I recieved from Home office.

Current status is application sent to British High commission Chennai. They say it might take 1 month for the processing.

Rgds,
Praveen

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Re: Documents list + Earnings question

Post by shiva_jaime » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi,
I am also planning to apply Tier-1 this month at Chennai.
Are you applying for Tier-1 newly or converting from HSMP to Tier1?

I have doubt on the list of documents to be submitted for Tier-1.
1. Do we need to show the accomodation details to BHC?
If yes, Its difficult for me to get somebody in UK to provide his/her accomodation details. Is it any other way to satisfy this requirement?

2. Do we need to carry only Demand Draft for 51K Rs. or paying cash also acceptable?

3. I have ITR-1 form for only 2 years. Is it highly mandatory to provide 3 years ITR-1 form?

4. Where do you find integra form? Could you please send the link and guide me if any difficulty you might faced to fill Integra form?

Sorry for such long questions but wants to clear before stepping into BHC, chennai.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks,
Siva

[quote="sppc42"]Hi,

Am also planning to apply in Sept08. I just made a call to VFS and got a list of the items that I need to submit (sharing it out):

1. Passport
2. 2 recent colored photos (45x35). White background. Dark clothes. glossy finish.
3. Application forms for VAF9 and Appendix 1
4. Rs51,000/- demand draft in the favor of British Deputy High Commission, payable at chennai
5. Covering letter
6. Contract of application of a job in UK (if applicable)
7. Acommodation letter. This includes a NOC from a friend/relative living in UK and their accomodation proof (lease document or gas/electricity etc bills.). Alternatively, I have also learnt that a hotel booking from booking.com can also be used.
8. 15 months bank statement (last 3 months showing atleast 2800pounds) - letter from bank manager in case you take online printouts of statement, citing the authenticity of the printouts. This letter should contain your name, acc num, certification that the pritinouts are original etc. Note that, these statements should be atmost 7 days prior to applying.
9. Integra form
10. IT returns: Form16 for the last 3 years
11. Payslips 12 months
12. Educational certificates 10th onwards
13. Previous work experience certificate
14. Language Proof

Following Photocopies are required:
1. VAF9 + appendix 1
2. additional integra form
3. HSMP points performa
4. Payslips
5. All pages of passport including blank pages
6. Educational certificates
7. Contract of employment (if applicable)

I have couple of queries about showing the earnings:
1. I have a gross income of ~12Lac rupees. But around ~2lacs is a bonus that is given at the end of the year. So, in my payslips, I get only ~10lacs. So, which amount should I mention in the earnings?
2. Doing the conversion on the points calculator, talking 1INR = 0.01262GBP. So, what will be my equivalent salary in GBP? I understand that doing simple maths, it is 12620 pounds (for 10lac). Is that correct? Because the points calculator site is showing me the same but is also shoing 66886.00 as the [b]salary equivalent[/b]. What is the meaning of that?

Appreciate any inputs there.
Thanks[/quote][quote][/quote]

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Document list

Post by shiva_jaime » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi Shubi,
I gone through the list of documents you are planning to submit.
I too planning to apply Tier-1 this month at Chennai.

Looking at your list of documents, I have few suggestions.
1. There is no request for Birth Certificate for age proof. Where did you heard about this Birth certificate to submit? I read from Tier-1 guidance, Passport is quite fine.
2. You might need to carry your Mark sheets of the degree you r applying.
3. Possibly print out the Points calculation Assessment tool pdf.
4. Ensure your payslips been stamped & signed.

Please ensure my comments with some other persons also before you step into BHC.

Thanks,
Siva
[quote="Shubhi"]Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 Visa by 2nd week of Sept. I have filed following documents:

1)Original passport.
2)Birth Certificate
3)51,000/- DD payable at New Delhi
4)Cover Letter
5)Photograph
6)Original degree
7)12 months sal slip and bank statement
8)English test certificate
9)letter from bank stating suthenticity of statements and level of funds

Can somebody please tell me if I missed out on something?[/quote]

sandeep.momula
Newly Registered

Need the URL for the Tier - I policy guidance

Post by sandeep.momula » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to have the URL for the Tier - I policy guidance. I had some of the pdf\'s on the net, however, would like to have forum post the best Tier - I guidance URL, which is helpful for everyone.

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks Shiva :) !!!!

I also read about the long list of documents....Can somebody tell me

a)Is it necessary to show acommodation letter??
b)What can be best possible content of a covering letter?
c)Is it necessary to include Integra form?
d0 Shall I include the highest degree certificate mentioned or all certificates 10th onwards....

Please suggest....

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 pm

a) Accommodation letter to my understanding is not required (not mentioned anywhere in the latest Policy Guide PDF). They may ask about accommodation only when you depart to UK (or at UK Customs on arrival). Why take a chance? It is better to include a booking proof from booking.com
b) Covering letter may vary person to person by their own circumstances. It should address all / most of questions case worker may have looking at your case. So it is better you write your own in a crisp but detailed enough one
c) Ppl applying from India may answer this
d) Your highest degree is sufficient. However, it is better to include all yoour degrees (above 12th/higher secondary). This way you atleast get points for Bachelor degree if your Masters is not accepted by them (just being pessimistic/careful, sorry)
Best regards,
Mani

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks Mani :)

Could you also suggest when I am calculating my earnings shall I sum up the Gross pay or the net pay? becoz the bank statement reflects my net pay