ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help - Applying for Child's British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neo1209
Newly Registered

Need Help - Applying for Child's British Passport

Post by neo1209 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi,

I need your help, I've applied for my child's British Passport and it is currently on hold

My son was born when I was on ILR and I recently received my naturalisation and sent my BRP back as per the 5 day return after ceremony rule

I received my British Passport but when I applied for my son's British Passport the required documents were naturalisation letter of the parent or ILR BRP, I did send naturalisation letter but they've put the application on hold asking for the ILR BRP which I no longer have as I returned it

I'm not sure how I can prove that I had ILR before my son was born

I've looked at different topics that had similar issue but no one has answered how they managed to get the passport

Please help

Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Need Help - Applying for Child's British Passport

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

neo1209
Newly Registered

Post by neo1209 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi CULLINAN, Thanks for the quick response, I did see both the posts but neither of them had a definitive answer on what needs to be done because of which I created another post

Please let me know if any of you had faced similar situation or know a definitive route for applying the passport

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:40 pm

Maybe the only one way forward is applying for a SAR to prove you had ILR on a date when your child was born.

Try writing them and explain that HO asks to return the BRP after naturalisation and HMPO asks for the original which is a flawed policy. Send them a copy.

Maybe contact MP then if it does not work. You will have to try these things.

I have not been in the same situation myself as I did not return my wife’s ILR BRP for my UK born British child to avoid the same unfortunate consequences.