ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arethere
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by arethere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am

toivy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:59 am
I sent my new job contract to HO a few weeks ago to see if by any chance they could speed up my case. They came back to me this week, just said the documents that I sent were scanned into the system. The title under the name of the person who sent the letter was 'Post-decision casework 1'. I haven't received anything from HO since I submitted my application. So I confuse why it came from 'Post-decision casework'. My application is under SET(LR). Any suggestion for that? Many thanks!
Sounds like they might have already made a decision or at the very least, pre-assessed your application.
What is your application timeline? (Also, if you haven't already could you please update the timeline thread?)

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 am

toivy wrote:
I sent my new job contract to HO a few weeks ago to see if by any chance they could speed up my case. They came back to me this week, just said the documents that I sent were scanned into the system. The title under the name of the person who sent the letter was 'Post-decision casework 1'. I haven't received anything from HO since I submitted my application. So I confuse why it came from 'Post-decision casework'. My application is under SET(LR). Any suggestion for that? Many thanks!
Maybe check the right to work website to see if it changed or not?

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:00 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:37 pm
mitra_krishna wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:35 pm
"You went for an appointment, its normal what you saw on the IDV app. Not sure how you submitted via IDV app AGAIN!"

I got IDV app invitation on 23 Sep, but booked an appointment on 23 Sep (for 1 October) and I could not do anything more with the link they had sent (I was trying to play it safe and wanted to upload everything via IDV the same day after I booked the appointment) so I am indeed surprised that accessing the IDV app was possible ; maybe different versions of phones.
Yes this was the first report of this kind. Many previously reported not being able to access IDV app after attending the appointment. So not sure.
I still have access to IDV App up to this moment too and can upload picture and do the liveliness check.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am

arethere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am
toivy wrote:
Sounds like they might have already made a decision or at the very least, pre-assessed your application.
What is your application timeline? (Also, if you haven't already could you please update the timeline thread?)
Seconded. Also, @toivy, how and who did you send your contract to? I haven't seen any e-mail addresses pertaining to Set LR being post on this forum. Just curious to know what e-mail address you sent it to.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:00 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:37 pm
mitra_krishna wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:35 pm
"You went for an appointment, its normal what you saw on the IDV app. Not sure how you submitted via IDV app AGAIN!"

I got IDV app invitation on 23 Sep, but booked an appointment on 23 Sep (for 1 October) and I could not do anything more with the link they had sent (I was trying to play it safe and wanted to upload everything via IDV the same day after I booked the appointment) so I am indeed surprised that accessing the IDV app was possible ; maybe different versions of phones.
Yes this was the first report of this kind. Many previously reported not being able to access IDV app after attending the appointment. So not sure.
I still have access to IDV App up to this moment too and can upload picture and do the liveliness check.
But I assume your “submit” button on IDV would be disabled?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am
But I assume your “submit” button on IDV would be disabled?
Yes it is

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am

I've got my ILR BRP today (on 5th working day post approval). BRP expires on 31st Dec 2024 !
Also, the letter does not say that I'll have to return my previous BRP.

Photo on the new BRP is neither from IDV submission nor from the physical appointment. It was actually from my previous BRP :shock:

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am

arethere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am
I applied on 13 Aug. How long it would take between pre-assessment and final decision? Anyone knows?

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 am

TuM1010 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 am
Maybe check the right to work website to see if it changed or not?
I cannot see anything as my BRP card has expired and my previous job has finished. That is why I urgently need the approval.

ShoxBox
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ShoxBox » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 am

Don't think they've started processing August applications yet - still doing the rounds for July applicants.

Looking at timelines for SET LR so far, looks like around 99 days from date of application, so most likely decision due sometime mid next month.

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:53 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am
Seconded. Also, @toivy, how and who did you send your contract to? I haven't seen any e-mail addresses pertaining to Set LR being post on this forum. Just curious to know what e-mail address you sent it to.
I post my documents to Sheffield PO box not via email. I am also curious if such an email address exists for SET(LR) applications, like SET(M), they have one.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm

ShoxBox wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 am
Don't think they've started processing August applications yet - still doing the rounds for July applicants.

Looking at timelines for SET LR so far, looks like around 99 days from date of application, so most likely decision due sometime mid next month.
This is about right for Set (LR) at the minute. If you get your decision any earlier @toivy, then it is a good sign that they are picking up the pace on Set (LR). Please keep us all updated if you hear anything more! :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Do we usually get many SET (M) rejections? typical Friday "brain mess up", going through forum, there aren't any I have come across :?:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:37 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm
Do we usually get many SET (M) rejections? typical Friday "brain mess up", going through forum, there aren't any I have come across :?:
Yes there are but the applicants usually are offered FLR fp10 year route if they don't meet the requirements for set m (English or financial)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi Guys, I can see a lot of physical biometric appointments are getting cancelled. I am looking to book one for myself and 2 dependants but the earliest I am getting around London is for 13Nov. Any idea when are the free slots released back or best time of the day to look for appointments, please?

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 pm

navkant wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:48 pm
Hi Guys, I can see a lot of physical biometric appointments are getting cancelled. I am looking to book one for myself and 2 dependants but the earliest I am getting around London is for 13Nov. Any idea when are the free slots released back or best time of the day to look for appointments, please?
1 am BST (right now, and after daylight savings time ends 12 am GMT)

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:02 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 pm
navkant wrote:
Awesome. Thanks a lot. Let me try. Else the next best option with 1 week wait time is up North - 6hr drive :shock: .

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Are there more people with cancelled biometrics appointments who have not yet received their decision? I'm starting to get worried seeing cases when the decision arrives immediately or even before appointment cancellation... And my right to work hasn't changed, and no decision for me yet.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi everyone - needed some advice on dual biometric appointment for my case below:

1. Set (O) - Tier 2 G to ILR
2. Date of payment and document submission: 18 Sept 2020
3. Date of IDV app biometric submission: 23 Sept 2020

My case is simple with only complictaion being that I travelled extensively during the 5 year period with 450 days of total travel but with NO absence of more than 180 days in any continuous 12 month period. Letter from employer on leave of absence has been submitted with all details

Please advice on below:

1. Should I apply for a dual biometric appointment - free appointments are available in November 2nd week
2. Since my IDV app biometrics submission happened on the same day that they withdrew the app and went back to physical appointments, can I write to UKVI to ask if they have received my biometrics? Can someone please provide me any email I can send my query to?
3. Will my travel history cause delays?

I've received no delay letter or communication from UKVI and since I have to travel in Dec 2020 for personal reasons am getting worried. Any help would be appreciated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm
Hi everyone - needed some advice on dual biometric appointment for my case below:

1. Set (O) - Tier 2 G to ILR
2. Date of payment and document submission: 18 Sept 2020
3. Date of IDV app biometric submission: 23 Sept 2020

My case is simple with only complictaion being that I travelled extensively during the 5 year period with 450 days of total travel but with NO absence of more than 180 days in any continuous 12 month period. Letter from employer on leave of absence has been submitted with all details

Please advice on below:

1. Should I apply for a dual biometric appointment - free appointments are available in November 2nd week
2. Since my IDV app biometrics submission happened on the same day that they withdrew the app and went back to physical appointments, can I write to UKVI to ask if they have received my biometrics? Can someone please provide me any email I can send my query to?

I've received no delay letter or communication from UKVI and since I have to travel in Dec 2020 for personal reasons am getting worried. Any help would be appreciated
1) No.
2) You should patiently wait.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Please advice on below:

[/quote]

1) No.
2) You should patiently wait.
[/quote]

Thanks for the prompt reply Cullinan - guess one has to be patient but it reassuring to hear an expert recommend it :). Do you also suggest I dont write to UKVI regarding receipt of my biometrics my IDV biometrics was submitted the day they withdrew it from circulation? Just making sure Im not missing anything since folks who have submitted earlier are getting thier decisions

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm

@Hsrsham1211

As long as you have submitted your biometrics via IDV app, there is no need to chase up for your biometrics. Your application is complete already. UKVI/UKVCAS has recently cracked on dual submissions and started cancelling dual submission appointments so its no use to book now as it will be cancelled. Best is to relax and just wait. Hope for the best.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am
I've got my ILR BRP today (on 5th working day post approval). BRP expires on 31st Dec 2024 !
Yes its normal. The “card” expires not the immigration status.
Also, the letter does not say that I'll have to return my previous BRP.
You must return old BRP.

Photo on the new BRP is neither from IDV submission nor from the physical appointment. It was actually from my previous BRP :shock:
Most likely your IDV worked then and no use of dual submission.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:34 pm

navkant wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:02 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 pm
navkant wrote:
Awesome. Thanks a lot. Let me try. Else the next best option with 1 week wait time is up North - 6hr drive :shock: .
I booked 24Oct slot in Sunderland to save few days. Now, I cant see any more slots. There is just the option to cancel the booking. Would anyone please know how to look for alternate slots without cancelling my current booking?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:35 pm

@navkant

You cant.