ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address different in UKVI and UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

idonatetowikipedia
Newly Registered
Laos

Address different in UKVI and UKVCAS

Post by idonatetowikipedia » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi,

I changed my address (via https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/) shortly after applying for naturalisation (early July). I got an address change confirmation a few days later – the same day I was allowed to book a biometrics appointment (confirmation in the morning, booking in the evening). However, recently I noticed that my UKVCAS appointment confirmation mentions my old address. I received no confirmation email after attending the biometrics appointment mid-August.

I recently contacted UKVCAS via Twitter who confirmed they still have my old address but said they can't do anything about it.

I contacted FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk but, unfortunately, haven't heard back. I also contacted the HO Citizenship and nationality enquiries (0300 123 2253) but the person I was talking to explained that they have no access to the application system. The support person recommended writing to the "change of circumstances email address" but I was not able to find this email.

Does the address discrepancy matter? Is it possible to get a confirmation from UKVI that they actually received the UKVCAS biometrics and are using the new address for communications? What is the best phone number or email to contact them?

Appreciate your help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Address different in UKVI and UKVCAS

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:05 pm

You should be fine - what matters is that UKVI have your correct address. UKVCAS are a third party contractor and once your biometrics have been done on their system they won't have any further dealings with you - they are not involved in the review and decision making on your application, that is with UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

idonatetowikipedia
Newly Registered
Laos

Post by idonatetowikipedia » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:05 pm
You should be fine - what matters is that UKVI have your correct address. UKVCAS are a third party contractor and once your biometrics have been done on their system they won't have any further dealings with you - they are not involved in the review and decision making on your application, that is with UKVI.
Thanks! I suppose I am worried that the address was not updated on UKVI either. The change isn't reflected on visas-immigration.service.gov.uk and I can't find email/phone number of anyone who could confirm the change.

idonatetowikipedia
Newly Registered
Laos

Post by idonatetowikipedia » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Anyone knows what the "change of circumstances" email may be?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:09 pm

idonatetowikipedia wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 pm
Anyone knows what the "change of circumstances" email may be?
You used the correct form. Given the recent times, it can take some time to update new details. However, the best bet is to email as you already did. Also email:
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

idonatetowikipedia
Newly Registered
Laos

Post by idonatetowikipedia » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Thank you CULLINAN!

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:58 pm

I am in the same situation. I changed my address after I submitted my application and before I attended the biometrics appointment. I uploaded a cover letter together with the supporting documents into UKVCAS account mentioning my new address and I submitted everything when I had the biometrics appointment. The decision letter I received via email had my old address so I am worried that they never read my letter. I have set up the redirection service with Royal Mail just to be sure I won't miss the ceremony letter. Do you think I need to use the change of circumstances link as well? Maybe its too late now as I am expecting my invitation letter to be printed and posted anytime soon. (approved early August)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:30 pm

londuk1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:58 pm
I am in the same situation. I changed my address after I submitted my application and before I attended the biometrics appointment. I uploaded a cover letter together with the supporting documents into UKVCAS account mentioning my new address and I submitted everything when I had the biometrics appointment. The decision letter I received via email had my old address so I am worried that they never read my letter. I have set up the redirection service with Royal Mail just to be sure I won't miss the ceremony letter. Do you think I need to use the change of circumstances link as well? Maybe its too late now as I am expecting my invitation letter to be printed and posted anytime soon. (approved early August)
Best to change your address via gov website. Also, ideally keep a contact at your old address.
Invitation letters can take up to 3-5 months.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

idonatetowikipedia
Newly Registered
Laos

Post by idonatetowikipedia » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:51 pm

londuk1 wrote:
Did you change your address via https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ at any point before the approval?

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:55 pm

idonatetowikipedia wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:51 pm
londuk1 wrote:
Did you change your address via https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ at any point before the approval?
No I didn't, I was hoping they will ready my letter and that they will update the address.