ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights-Change Stamp, Do i need to visit GNIB Office

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Allez18
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU Treaty Rights-Change Stamp, Do i need to visit GNIB Office

Post by Allez18 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I received a letter that grants me temporary stamp 4 back in June 2020. Due to timing issue, I decided back then to renew my current Stamp1A instead of changing to Stamp 4. Now me and my partner are thinking about purchasing a property in Dublin and as my current 1A does not grant me elibility, I am thinking to change to Stamp4.

Now my question is can i go visit GNIB office in person? Their website specifies that it only applies to 1st registration. The ackowledgement letter i received from Justice Department requires me to visit GNIB office with my partner. Now i am really confused and do not know whether i can actually attend GNIB office?

Does anyone have similar issues?

Thanks
Allez

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EU Treaty Rights-Change Stamp, Do i need to visit GNIB Office

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 pm

You do not need a Stamp 4 to purchase a property. You don't even need to ever be in Ireland in order to purchase a property here. You may, however, be asked to produce a Stamp 4 if you apply for mortgages, depending on the bank you want to borrow money from.

You must use the online renewal platform. You cannot visit GNIB office in person. In-person visits are for people who have never been registered with GNIB previously.

Allez18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Allez18 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you so much for your insight. Highly appreciated.
Yes, we are thinking to apply for a joint mortgage here hence the question. Now it seems the mortgage market gets very dire due to Covid. Think its the best that i get a perm role and obtain final approval from justice department for my stamp.

Allez

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Good luck with that from someone who had to talk to a number of banks and got some real nasty comments / attitudes from certain banks before finally getting a mortgage done.

The mortgage market here is really small and sometimes biased towards non-EU nationals. A stamp 4 should give you a bit more sayings in negotiating the terms with them.