ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Summary submission online

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

be123+

Spouse Visa Extension Documents

Post by be123+ » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi All,

I am preparing for a spouse visa extension. Can i ask you whether i need to scan all pages in the passport (for applicant) including the empty ones? Also, Do i need also do this for the British Passport as well?

Also, Am i correct that I need to provide 6 different documents for Cohabitation? If I have a broadband bills for the applicant showing different month in details. Would this be ok?

Can you also please let me know where i can get the guidance for the spouse visa extension?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:25 pm

I am preparing for a spouse visa extension. Can i ask you whether i need to scan all pages in the passport (for applicant) including the empty ones? Also, Do i need also do this for the British Passport as well?
For the applicant, all stamped pages and the biometric page. For your British passport, the biometric page only.
Also, Am i correct that I need to provide 6 different documents for Cohabitation? If I have a broadband bills for the applicant showing different month in details. Would this be ok?

You need 2 years evidence from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. Items can be in joint names or addresses to each of you individually.
Can you also please let me know where i can get the guidance for the spouse visa extension?
The only one available is the archived paper one, link below. There is no guidance notes for the online form.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply.

"You need 2 years evidence from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. Items can be in joint names or addresses to each of you individually."

Does it mean that I cant just use the documents from one company and the spread it from 2018?

I need to use like 3 to 6 different companies and get the documents from 2018?

We dont have any bills or statements that are joint names. Can i use like 2 different names from different sources? How many different documents do i need to provide from 3 to 6 different sources?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:12 pm

be123+ wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm

We dont have any bills or statements that are joint names. Can i use like 2 different names from different sources? How many different documents do i need to provide from 3 to 6 different sources?

Thank you.
You can use individually addressed documents in the absence of joint named documents which should be 6 per person means 12 altogether. Also these should be from at least 3 different sources.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

be123+

Scanning documents in colour or black and white

Post by be123+ » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:08 am

Hi all.

I’m wondering whether I’m allowed to upload documents in black and white as the size of documents are huge. I am also not sure how much size I am allowed to upload when submitting the documents.

Is there any guidelines for this?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Scanning documents in colour or black and white

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:43 am

be123+ wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:08 am
Hi all.

I’m wondering whether I’m allowed to upload documents in black and white as the size of documents are huge. I am also not sure how much size I am allowed to upload when submitting the documents.

Thanks
Can you check for apps that can be used in reducing picture or PDF document size? You are allowed to use black and white. Important factor is that all scanned evidence to be uploaded should be legible.
Size upload for each document is said to be between 6-10MB.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:12 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:43 am
be123+ wrote:
Hi all.

Thanks
Can you check for apps that can be used in reducing picture or PDF document size? You are allowed to use black and white. Important factor is that all scanned evidence to be uploaded should be legible.
Size upload for each document is said to be between 6-10MB.
Dear AmazonianX,

Thank you so much for your reply and help. I will try to keep it between that size.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:40 am

be123+ wrote:
. I am also not sure how much size I am allowed to upload when submitting the documents.

Thanks
For in country applications its up till 6MB.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

be123+

Spouse visa extension earlier due to IHS increased

Post by be123+ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:23 am

Hi all.

I am wondering whether anyone can suggest and educate me on this. We are trying to extend spouse visa that is due to be expired in 25th December. I am aware that the IHS is due to be increased on 27th October ( this month ).

The question is am I able to apply the extension before 27th October? What is the likelihood to be able to apply ILR after that?

As I am aware that it has to be 5 years for ILR eligibility.

If I could apply earlier than 27th October than it will save at least more than £500 for IHS.

I am also aware that it maybe delayed for biometric? And process time due to Covid

I hope I could have your perspective and enlighten me on this.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa extension earlier due to IHS increased

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:53 pm

be123+ wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:23 am
Hi all.

I am wondering whether anyone can suggest and educate me on this. We are trying to extend spouse visa that is due to be expired in 25th December. I am aware that the IHS is due to be increased on 27th October ( this month ).

The question is am I able to apply the extension before 27th October? What is the likelihood to be able to apply ILR after that?

As I am aware that it has to be 5 years for ILR eligibility.

If I could apply earlier than 27th October than it will save at least more than £500 for IHS.

I am also aware that it maybe delayed for biometric? And process time due to Covid

I hope I could have your perspective and enlighten me on this.

Thank you.
Yes you can apply the extension before 27th October to avail the older price of IHS, however, in doing so you might be ended up in having the shortfall in qualifying period for ILR. But to avert this shortfall, you can certainly prolong your biometrics appointment which is pretty easier and unpunishable in now a days.

Kaykash

Post by Kaykash » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:17 pm

U CAN'T apply more than 28 days before
Earliest u can apply by 28th of November

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Kaykash wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:17 pm
U CAN'T apply more than 28 days before
Earliest u can apply by 28th of November
Nope. You can even apply after 30 months minus 28 days from the date of arriving to UK despite holding 33 months of leave.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi seagul,

Thanks for your kind respond.

Just want to follow up on your reply.

So if I apply the extension on 26th October - fill in the form online and do I need to pay the IHS before applying or after applying? I haven’t done it before. Hence I don’t really know the process on this.

Also, supposed I apply and submit everything on 26th. How do I prolong the biometric appointment? Do I need to make an appointment somewhere end of November? Or beginning of August? Is that possible?

As my understanding that the home office only will process the visa after the biometric?

The document that I have now prepared is

1. Bank statement 6 months (spouse)
2. Passport (spouse)
3. Payslips 6 months from this month. (Spouse)
4. Documents from internet, credit card, mobile statements for 2 years ( spouse)
5. Letter from employer
6. Degree
7. Marriage certificate

The other thing that I am not sure how I scan the documents. Do I need to put it all into one file or separate files?

Can you please help if I’ve missed anything?

Thank you so much in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:56 pm

be123+ wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:24 pm
Hi seagul,

Thanks for your kind respond.

Just want to follow up on your reply.

So if I apply the extension on 26th October - fill in the form online and do I need to pay the IHS before applying or after applying? I haven’t done it before. Hence I don’t really know the process on this.
Making the payment for IHS will be the part of application for which you will be prompted.
be123+ wrote:
Also, supposed I apply and submit everything on 26th. How do I prolong the biometric appointment? Do I need to make an appointment somewhere end of November? Or beginning of August? Is that possible?
On submission of the application you will be given the instructions as what to do. Usually an applicant make an appointment with ukvcas after registering with them.
be123+ wrote:
As my understanding that the home office only will process the visa after the biometric?

The document that I have now prepared is

1. Bank statement 6 months (spouse)
2. Passport (spouse)
3. Payslips 6 months from this month. (Spouse)
4. Documents from internet, credit card, mobile statements for 2 years ( spouse)
5. Letter from employer
6. Degree
7. Marriage certificate

The other thing that I am not sure how I scan the documents. Do I need to put it all into one file or separate files?

Can you please help if I’ve missed anything?

Thank you so much in advance.
You can either prepare a one file containing all relevant documents such as all bank statements or payslips etc or leave them in separate files depending on your easiness & the allowed size of 6 mb.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi seagul,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand what you say about getting the appointment with the ukvcas. Do you mind if you educate me how I need to prolong Before giving them the biometric?

I have seen people’s timeline that it will take at least 3 months now to get decision. Does that mean if the biometric given in November (if allowed) then it’s probably likely going to be decide next year which means the expired of visa has to be more than 25th December in order to qualify for ILR?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm

be123+ wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi seagul,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand what you say about getting the appointment with the ukvcas. Do you mind if you educate me how I need to prolong Before giving them the biometric?
If you wont be given any pacific deadline which might be given, then perhaps you can simply choose the date whichever suits you but again you will have to adhere the instructions given on the submission of the application and other follow ups.
be123+ wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm
I have seen people’s timeline that it will take at least 3 months now to get decision. Does that mean if the biometric given in November (if allowed) then it’s probably likely going to be decide next year which means the expired of visa has to be more than 25th December in order to qualify for ILR?

Thank you.
Your visa will be extended by virtue of section 3C and given the present state of delays, you will most likely be unaffected as no shortfall might arise.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi seagul,

Sorry for messaging you again.

I just want to clarify. I’ve just checked the visa. The brp says valid until 25 December 2020 and was issued in May 2018.

To follow up your previous comment that If the application is submitted After 30 months. I’ve just counted the whole visa is only 30 months and if minus 28 days. That would be only in Nov not in October which I am planning to apply before 26th.

Is this still ok?

Thank you 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 pm

Fine. Apply online and schedule your biomteric appointment for very late November or early December.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 pm

be123+ wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 pm
Hi seagul,

Sorry for messaging you again.

I just want to clarify. I’ve just checked the visa. The brp says valid until 25 December 2020 and was issued in May 2018.

To follow up your previous comment that If the application is submitted After 30 months. I’ve just counted the whole visa is only 30 months and if minus 28 days. That would be only in Nov not in October which I am planning to apply before 26th.

Is this still ok?

Thank you 🙏

When you can apply to extend or switch
You can extend or switch at any time before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Based on above official quote nothing stop you in applying even earlier than 30 months minus 28 days although that is ideal to avoid shortfall. But given the present backlogs you will still be alright in following your plan which is to kill both birds with one stone I.e saving ihs fee & avoiding shortfall.

be123+

Documents for spouse extension

Post by be123+ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi all.

I would be grateful if anybody can educate me on this.

I am preparing the documents for spouse extension and wondering about the passports and how i need to name the file.

1. Do i need to scan all pages, including the empty ones? and Do I also need to scan previous passports as well?
2. How many files can i upload and how do i name the files?

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Documents for spouse extension

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:10 pm

be123+ wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:13 pm
Hi all.

I would be grateful if anybody can educate me on this.

I am preparing the documents for spouse extension and wondering about the passports and how i need to name the file.

1. Do i need to scan all pages, including the empty ones? and Do I also need to scan previous passports as well?
2. How many files can i upload and how do i name the files?

Thank you.
1. For applicant scan all pages, for sponsor biometric page may suffice. Old passport depends on of there are other travel history you stated and are contained on it.
2. Size limitation on each file is what matters, 6mb for each.

The naming is for orderliness sake to make easy for CW to identify what is which. Name each as what it contains e g Int. Passport, pay slips, not letter, TB cert, marriage cert etc.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Documents for spouse extension

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:30 pm

be123+

Letter of employment.

Post by be123+ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 am

Hi all,

I just want to clarify about the letter of employment. My salary just got increaseD in June 20 and what Do I need to confirm in the letter of employment? I have payslips for all 12 months and does not reflect the current salary.

Also, what details should it be on the employment letter?

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Letter of employment.

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 am

be123+ wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 am
Hi all,

I just want to clarify about the letter of employment. My salary just got increaseD in June 20 and what Do I need to confirm in the letter of employment? I have payslips for all 12 months and does not reflect the current salary.

Thank you.
It is not so much of letter of employment that you require. It is letter from employer which will be a recently issued one I.e. within 28days and detailing your current work circumstances.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Letter of employment.

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:30 am

be123+ wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 am
Hi all,

(c) A letter from the employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person’s employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave; and
(iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave.

Above is excerpts from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

Thank you.