ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal to Irish Study Visa refusal lost

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zulqarnain

Appeal to Irish Study Visa refusal lost

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm

PLEASE DO NOT MERGE THIS TOPIC WITH MY OLDER ONE. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Hi All,

My Irish study visa was refused sadly and I appealed the case.

I emailed all of my appeal documents to my friend in Ireland to post them to Dublin visa office locally to make the delivery process bit quicker. However, looks like it backfired.

It has been 5 weeks and I have not heard anything from Visa Office. I have been emailing them every week to find out even they received my appeal case or is this a typical appeal processing delay.

I am badly stuck at this stage. I can not even make a new application or resubmit appeal, thinking what if they already have received my existing appeal documents and processing them.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is this how long usually visa office takes to respond to study appeals? Or my documents are lost somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Appeal to Irish Study Visa refusal lost

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm

No offence, but sending an appeal from a local address doesn't sound like a good idea.

All study visas are supposed to be initiated from abroad. You gave them the sense that you might be already in Ireland, which will jeopardise your appeal.

How did your friend post your appeal? Only registered mails are accepted. Has he got you a tracking number? Have you checked whether the tracking number is showing up as delivered? Who signed for the package?

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:03 pm

I understand this may not have been the typical process to submit the appeal but it was just a push from me to speed up this process. Also, I doubt they ECO will find out where it has come from and even if he does why would he be interested in that?

It was posted through a tracked delivery and it says it has been delivered. However, the local post office says the government office does not sign the delivered posts but it has been delivered.

This is absolutely shocking to me the way it has disappeared somewhere.

But I also have a little faith that this may have been a delay to process appeals? Or if I have not heard back for 5 weeks then I should assume it's lost and prepare a new one?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Per their website, as of today they are dealing with study visa appeals received on 28 September. When was your package delivered?

Visa officers will always try to find reasons to believe that you may not abide by the law or the conditions of your visa. That's what they are supposed to do. Why should they not be interested in where it was sent from?

You said the tracking info says delivered. Delivered to whom? There is always a name or a place there. Either it's 'Signed by XXX' or 'Left at XXX' or 'Your item was delivered XXX' etc. You can also request for a delivery signature from An Post on the tracking website.

I don't know you can contact a 'local post office' for a response. I have been trying this for years because many of my packages were lost from time to time. You can contact An Post customer service by phone, which will give you a generic response. You can only initiate a written request by either writing to them or sending them an email. I know for a fact that the An Post will leave a trace of who received the package for visa offices, GNIB offices, citizenship offices etc because I deal with them.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:34 pm

I will try to get it chased up by the post office as you mention.

It was delivered on 8th September and as you know they are saying the appeals are considered those submitted after 28th Sept. So shall I assume, it has been lost? Or do they take this long normally to process appeals?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Not essentially. If An Post says it is delivered, it is generally delivered.

Appeals take a few weeks to process so it is possible that they are still working on it. Unfortunately there is virtually nobody answering emails or phones in most immigration related departments at the moment so nobody knows for sure.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm

So with your experience, what would you advise me to do at this stage?

Wait or re-submit?

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm
PLEASE DO NOT MERGE THIS TOPIC WITH MY OLDER ONE. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Hi All,

My Irish study visa was refused sadly and I appealed the case.

I emailed all of my appeal documents to my friend in Ireland to post them to Dublin visa office locally to make the delivery process bit quicker. However, looks like it backfired.

It has been 5 weeks and I have not heard anything from Visa Office. I have been emailing them every week to find out even they received my appeal case or is this a typical appeal processing delay.

I am badly stuck at this stage. I can not even make a new application or resubmit appeal, thinking what if they already have received my existing appeal documents and processing them.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is this how long usually visa office takes to respond to study appeals? Or my documents are lost somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
Try visamail@justice.ie

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:42 am

Zulqarnain wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm
So with your experience, what would you advise me to do at this stage?

Wait or re-submit?
Wait please. As these days it’s taking longer to process.

As you mailed it to your friend you could have mailed yourself to INIS it only takes 3 workng days with DHL. The same time it took to get received by your friend in case you have sent it by Express.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 am

How did you address the refusal grounds in the appeal?
ID: - Insufficient documentation submitted in support of the application

INCO 1nconsistencies e.g. contradictions in the information supplied.
Inconsistencies in the information supplied in support of your application have been noted by the visa
officer and have diminished the overall strength of your application.
- Internship completion date.

OC: Condition The applicant may overstay following proposed visit.
The Visa Officer is not yet satisfied, based on the supporting documentation submitted. that the
applicant has demonstrated that the primary reason for coming to Ireland is for the purposes of study.
This should be fully addressed in any appeal.

OC: Observe the conditions of the visa - the visa sought is for a specific purpose and duration:- the
applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that such conditions would be observed.
Information supplied by you concerning your personal, economic and family circumstances has been insufficient as yet to satisfy the visa officer that you would observe the conditions of any visa with granted, particular regard to the use of public funds/public resources, and the possible risk of overstaying in the State. This should be fully addressed in any appeal.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:01 pm

I have tried that Visamail email address many times. No response whatsoever.

How easy it all could have been if someone from Visa Office had answered YES or NO simply to my only one question. Emailed them 5 times in last 5 weeks.

I am just confused to figure out if I should wait more (already been 5 weeks) or shall I submit a new application or resend the existing appeal?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:01 pm
I have tried that Visamail email address many times. No response whatsoever.

How easy it all could have been if someone from Visa Office had answered YES or NO simply to my only one question. Emailed them 5 times in last 5 weeks.

I am just confused to figure out if I should wait more (already been 5 weeks) or shall I submit a new application or resend the existing appeal?
Start considering taking your studies project to another country.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 pm

@Zerubbabel after I have paid fees in many grands? non-refundable you know.

I had better expectations than this at least from Irish System. Just a little disappointed.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:29 pm

That's why I recommended you check in another country. In case there is window for refund, you don't want to miss it. Try to see with your Uni. Tell them the visa was refused, I hope they won't just keep the money. There must be a way to withdraw and get your money back possible minus some admin fees.

The refusal above was strong and it's not an easy task to recover from it to be honest.

When they write such a refusal, it means they have bad assumptions about your profile. They think you seek admission as a student just to enter the country and then stay there, work illegally, don't study and never leave. You need to convince them that your project is solid.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 pm
@Zerubbabel after I have paid fees in many grands? non-refundable you know.

I had better expectations than this at least from Irish System. Just a little disappointed.
That's incorrect. Colleges in Ireland must provide you with a full refund if your study visa is refused.

I just did a search on WIT's website and this is what they said:
Refund of fees
Students who officially de-register between the beginning of Semester 1 and October 31st are entitled to a full refund of the total Student Contribution paid.
International Students who have been offered a place on a programme at the Institute and have
paid their fees but subsequently have their VISA application refused will be refunded in full.
I would suggest that you wait for an extra week or two. I don't know why you haven't received a response from visamail email, as they normally respond very quickly. Maybe it's the wording. Maybe your email domain was blocked. Try sending it from a different email address.

You need to contact WIT if you haven't heard anything back from Visa section before 31 Oct, so that you have enough time to do de-registration and receive a full refund.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Thank you so much for such a useful and helpful replies.

I believe if you are a genuine person, you should not give up or step back from your position. You should fight for it. If I give up on it, it will confirm that I was not a genuine candidate and was seeking a opportunity to break the immigration law which is not the case at all.

However, sometimes it is good to be on a safer side so I will definitely consider a refund option if I end up not even hearing back tomorrow on 20th Oct as well.

I always knew most of the refusal points in a refusal letter were not logical and were already answered, there was a story behind a story and as you said definitely they doubted my intentions and my profile. However, being very polite to a entry clearance officer I responded very carefully with more supporting documents to each objection, only if they ever received my appeal.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to update you all on what I am doing.

As discussed, I contacted WIT and found that they may return my fees but take off 25% admin fees which is a huge cut. Also, I will loose much more I have spent on visa fees etc. So what they will return me will be of no use for me because I won't be able to get admission anywhere else with that amount plus I will loose one full year.

So I have now updated my appeal documents, improved them bit more, added more evidence and information and resubmitted it. This time the delivery is fully tracked and Visa Office will have my appeal hopefully next week.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:59 pm
As discussed, I contacted WIT and found that they may return my fees but take off 25% admin fees
:shock:
This is stealing. Absolutely disgraceful.
Good luck with the appeal.

Xainrind
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Xainrind » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:08 am

Zulqarnain wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:59 pm
Hi everyone,

Just to update you all on what I am doing.

As discussed, I contacted WIT and found that they may return my fees but take off 25% admin fees which is a huge cut. Also, I will loose much more I have spent on visa fees etc. So what they will return me will be of no use for me because I won't be able to get admission anywhere else with that amount plus I will loose one full year.

I am in same boat. My appeal was received in Dublin office on 18th September tracked by DHL signed by xx. Still awaiting for decision.

So I have now updated my appeal documents, improved them bit more, added more evidence and information and resubmitted it. This time the delivery is fully tracked and Visa Office will have my appeal hopefully next week.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:50 am

With students visas, these long appeals also create a situation where it's too late to start even if the visa is granted. Weeks after the start of the academic years, student would have had assignments done, exams, labs and other activities and count towards the year. Starting late, means missing all these and at one point it's no longer possible to pass the year.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:08 pm

I know what you mean by late start.

But this time and only in this matter, COVID situation has gone in my favour because they have arranged proper online lectures and workshops which I am taking regularly so from studies point of view, its all going good.

I am just badly stuck with visa office.

Xainrind
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Xainrind » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:00 pm

Any update? I m still waiting my appeal was received on 18th September

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:03 am

Well my delivery has been received by them as the delivery company informed me so let's see now how long they take to process it.

Where did you send it from and which delivery?

Xainrind
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Xainrind » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:13 pm

Dhl from Pakistan. I m sure they have received your previous appeal as well. But they are delaying because they don't want to give visa

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Have you had any confirmation from visamail stating your appeal has been received and in process?