ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

MN1 form help

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi, My child was born before I have been granted ILR. I am applying under section 1(3). to have his registration as a British Citizen. I need help with following questions please

1. I am filling the form on behalf of my child who is just 8 months old, so when the form asks "You", it means the child right?

2. The child has not travelled out of UK, neither has been registered as a citizen of any country. The form asks about country of nationality. Shall I put officially stateless or the nationality would be same as mine (non-British)?

3. The child is only 10 months old at present and healthcare visitor and GP has refused to provide any reference. Further, due to COVID, there has not been much interaction with other people such as any community worker or nursery. What are my options here?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 form help

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

1) Can not answer, unless you post the actual question.

2) Given your flag, child will take your Pakistani nationality.

3) Write a cover letter and explain the same as stated above, arrange referees as per AN adult criteria.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Okay, here are the options which I choose in the start.

Question: Choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and:
Answer: You were born in the UK. and One or both your parents are settled in the UK.

Question: Have you had settlement in the UK? (I guess this here "You" means, the applicant or child?)
Answer: No. (is this correct?)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:23 pm

The applicant is the child. “You” refers to the applicant i.e. the child.
Correct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Thank you so much. I have completed the application form now. Although I have provided the details of the two adults references in the form, I have also been given 2 separate forms to be downloaded for the referees which have a space of the photograph. Once filled out, do these need to be physically sent/posted?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:00 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 pm
Thank you so much. I have completed the application form now. Although I have provided the details of the two adults references in the form, I have also been given 2 separate forms to be downloaded for the referees which have a space of the photograph. Once filled out, do these need to be physically sent/posted?
Scanned and uploaded after form completed as per guidelines.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 pm

The guidance tells to write referees name on the back of their photograph and then stick it on, disregard it i guess?
Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 pm
The guidance tells to write referees name on the back of their photograph and then stick it on, disregard it i guess?
Thank you.
The form is not updated after the system shifted to online in Nov 2018. However, you should still fill the referee form as per guidance and keep hold of the originals. HO may ask originals (very rare) at a later stage if needed.

PS its NOT the referee name/photo. Its the applicant’s name at the back of applicant’s photo!

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 am

Thank you so much. Your help is invaluable.
As a declaration, there is a final question: I confirm that:
1. I am the applicant
2. I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them.

Confusing because the baby is the applicant and I am filling out the form. On the other hand I am not a legal representative like a solicitor etc. What option should I choose as a parent?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Choose Option 1.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.