ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence calculation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Absence calculation

Post by JS123 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:33 am

Just want to double check the absence calculation for naturalisation (spouse of British citizen - 3 years).

I have to list absences from the UK during the last 3 years. So if my application is on 18 October 2020, do I list all absences from 17 October 2017, or do I need to list all absences for the full 2017 period (e.g. 1 January 2017 - 18 October 2020). I suspect the former, but want to check.

Do I need any other evidence to show I was present in the UK 3 years before the date of application, or is my passport with all the stamps sufficient?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Absence calculation

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:40 am

I suggest you list absences from 19 October 2017 as you should have been physically in the UK on the 18th.
Absence listing is all that is required - you don't need to prove every date. Your passport with stamps in/out is required anyway.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Absence calculation

Post by JS123 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks, very helpful!