ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help comprehensive sickness insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bwunmi

Please help comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by bwunmi » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:37 pm

I need your help please. I would like to know if my children both EEA national need to have comprehensive sickness insurance,in other to get their PR,after 5 years presettle status in the UK.
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Please help comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:52 pm

How old are your children?
CSI as such is not required for (pre-)Settled Status (note so-called EU Settled Status is under UK regulations) - it was/still is a requirement for PR under EEA regulations as applied in the UK for persons exercising treaty rights as student or self-sufficient - but treaty rights come to an end on 31.12.2020. The only time this may be an issue if/when they apply for naturalisation. But children as such cannot exercise treaty rights so in my view shouldn't need CSI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bwunmi

Post by bwunmi » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:05 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:52 pm
How old are your children?
CSI as such is not required for (pre-)Settled Status (note so-called EU Settled Status is under UK regulations) - it was/still is a requirement for PR under EEA regulations as applied in the UK for persons exercising treaty rights as student or self-sufficient - but treaty rights come to an end on 31.12.2020. The only time this may be an issue if/when they apply for naturalisation. But children as such cannot exercise treaty rights so in my view shouldn't need CSI.
Thank you so much @alterhase58
One is 13years(student) and the younger one is 18 months old. I was worried because someone told me they both need CSI to get their settled status.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 pm

someone told me they both need CSI to get their settled status.
Tell "someone" to show you the source of this advice - there is enough worry going round as it is and unfounded advice doesn't help.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bwunmi

Post by bwunmi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:47 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 pm
someone told me they both need CSI to get their settled status.
Tell "someone" to show you the source of this advice - there is enough worry going round as it is and unfounded advice doesn't help.
Thank you so for your help. I really appreciate