ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving House (within UK) -shippingh items from USA

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xcrogers

Moving House (within UK) -shippingh items from USA

Post by xcrogers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:38 am

My wife and I have been living in the UK for four and a half years now and are going to be moving from our purchased flat to a new home. When we bought our flat we shipped over a portion of our belongings (that would reasonably fit in the flat) and continued to store the remainder that we simply didnt have space for. We applied for relief thought standard procedures on moving items over (which was granted).

Is that a one-time only option or can we take advantage of that again (ToR1 form?). Is it a matter of explaining a situation? The items are a mix of things that have very little resale value in the states but are sentimental for various reasons so not something we want to just leave there/trash/sell. We can prove the items have been in storage since we moved with storage receipts.

Curious if any advice on this. Thank you!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Moving House (within UK) -shippingh items from USA

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:44 am

If you are moving within the UK, I don't think there is any "relief" to fund this. You will foot the bill I am afraid.

xcrogers

Re: Moving House (within UK) -shippingh items from USA

Post by xcrogers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks. To be clear, I'm only looking to understand if we could get relief on the vat/customs aspect, we fully expect to pay for the actual shipping costs.

Perhaps answer remains the same, perhaps changes.