ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Human1212 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:34 pm
I received my decision today.
Thanks CuULLINAN for your help and quick responses .
Appreciate it.
Best of luck to everyone.
Human1212, congrats. Did you do anything different to what we here did. It looks like you applied on 20 August and have gotten your decision already. Any tips to helps us out. Thanks

Amirul
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Amirul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi all,

Received my wife's approval email today timeline below.

Applied for Naturalisation 25/08/20 (Based on British spouse ILR received 10/2019)
Documents uploaded and submitted on app 17/09/20
Biometric used from 2019
Approval email received today 15/10/2020 😃 good luck to the people waiting.

Human1212
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Human1212 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm
Human1212 wrote:
Appreciate it.
Human1212, congrats. Did you do anything different to what we here did. It looks like you applied on 20 August and have gotten your decision already. Any tips to helps us out. Thanks
Nah, Done nothing. Applied and calmly waited

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:20 pm

out of the blue my wife checked her email and saw an approval email and then I checked it and saw it in my mailbox too, it was received at 4.24 pm.

Timelines

Route IRL with 5 years on Tier 2.
Applied :- 22nd June 2020 (for two applicants in the same application)
Biometrics via IDV App:- 5th Sept 2020.
Enquiry email sent on :- 26th Sept to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk (But don't think it made any difference).

Thanks to CR01 and CULLINAN for all their guidance and support.

Good Luck !!
Now I wait for invitation letter and Ceromony Which might take long time as the letter itself says its delayed.
(it may take up to 12
weeks for your ceremony invite to be sent. We therefore ask you not to contact
this department regarding your ceremony before thi
s.)
Cheers

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Congrats LifeRocks1!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:30 pm
Congrats LifeRocks1!!
thanks mate, hope your's come through soon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:52 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats LifeRocks1!!
Hope so. I applied on 22nd June also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:52 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats LifeRocks1!!
yes I remember and IDV was before me, so I had stopped checking emails and was checking here to see updates from you :-). I thought once you get yours then I will start checking my emails.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:59 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:52 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats LifeRocks1!!
yes I remember and IDV was before me, so I had stopped checking emails and was checking here to see updates from you :-). I thought once you get yours then I will start checking my emails.
Haha. Yes plus I went for dual submission also but I believe it has been very random. Some applicants from August are approved also. In the meanwhile many April/May are waiting also... so guess just have to hang in there.....till HO is happy with all enquiries...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:16 am

Can we kindly request that member NOT use this topic for timeline only posts. There are specific topics for these updates. This topic is ONLY for biomteric appointment and ukcvas queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Guilty .. sorry CR01

hej_uno
Newly Registered
India

Post by hej_uno » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Hello,
We applied for Tier 2 visa in April and used IDV app to submit documents on 5th Sep but still waiting to hear back from HO. I can see people in this forum have got letters/visa who applied after me, is HO processing applications randomly ?
Really worried because I need to travel. Have tried calling UKVI and UKVCAS but that didn't help.
Any advice ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 pm

hej_uno wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 pm
Hello,
We applied for Tier 2 visa in April and used IDV app to submit documents on 5th Sep but still waiting to hear back from HO. I can see people in this forum have got letters/visa who applied after me, is HO processing applications randomly ?
Really worried because I need to travel. Have tried calling UKVI and UKVCAS but that didn't help.
Any advice ?

Thanks
Really can not do much other than wait. If you already have contacted UKVI and you have not got any response, try involving your local MP.

PS: UKVCAS has nothing to do with processing of your application.
Also, every case is different, your decision will only be made after all outstanding enquiries are completed (if any).

Edit: just realised you are posting in the BC forum. Please post in the ILR forum in the future.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... l#p1949929

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 pm

I am planning to submit my Naturalisation application (Tier 2 to ILR+1year). I will be eligible on 5th November 2020, but I have a travel plan at the end of November. I am unsure whether applying when I come back in February or 25 days (15 working days) is sufficient for biometric requirements.

I have used this forum to make an informed decision since my first refused application in 2014. I was just wondering if there is any thread on this forum available where I can find available appointments (a preferably free one) in any UKVCAS Manchester centre.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:35 am

From UKVCAS latest update..

Avoid 'double' submissions

If you have been invited to use the IDV app or have already submitted your application via the IDV app, please DO NOT BOOK an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Doing this means that your case may take longer as UKVI will have duplicate records and also prevents other people who are not eligible to use the IDV app from booking an appointment.

UKVI have assured us that booking a UKVCAS appointment rather than using the IDV app does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly

RNasir
Newly Registered

Post by RNasir » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Hi,
I am eligible to apply for nationality (Tier 2 ILR+1 Year), and application is ready to be submitted and ready to make the payment, but I have to go out of UK and shall be back on 24th November. Should I submit the application now? or when I come back? I mean is there any restrictions that you cannot go out of country like for ILR application?
Many thanks

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am

RNasir wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:37 pm
Hi,
I am eligible to apply for nationality (Tier 2 ILR+1 Year), and application is ready to be submitted and ready to make the payment, but I have to go out of UK and shall be back on 24th November. Should I submit the application now? or when I come back? I mean is there any restrictions that you cannot go out of country like for ILR application?
Many thanks
You can submit your application, do you biometrics and go out the country for come back. ILR travel restrictions don't apply to Citizenship and Nationality

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 am

ukvisat2 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 pm
I am planning to submit my Naturalisation application (Tier 2 to ILR+1year). I will be eligible on 5th November 2020, but I have a travel plan at the end of November. I am unsure whether applying when I come back in February or 25 days (15 working days) is sufficient for biometric requirements.

I have used this forum to make an informed decision since my first refused application in 2014. I was just wondering if there is any thread on this forum available where I can find available appointments (a preferably free one) in any UKVCAS Manchester centre.
Unfortunately you have keep looking. CR001 and CULLINAN and other experienced moderators can suggest further actions

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:26 am

Human1212 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:06 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm
Human1212 wrote:
Appreciate it.
Human1212, congrats. Did you do anything
different to what we here did. It looks like you applied on 20 August and have gotten your decision already. Any tips to helps us out. Thanks
Nah, Done nothing. Applied and calmly waited
Congrats again. Let's hope they pick ours up and doing something about it. It has taking too. The hardest part is not knowing what is been done or why it's taking so long even after six months

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 am

Guys i have good news! I'm glad to report that our applications have been successful. HO just email me and the whole family in one. Thanks for the help CULLINAN and others who kept us in high spirits. It's been 7 long months but it's all done now. Strangely the letter is dated 12th September, a day after IDV submissions. That makes me think there is a backlog of decisions not coming out. Nevertheless, all the best to everyone out there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

RNasir
Newly Registered

Post by RNasir » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am
RNasir wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:37 pm
Hi,
Many thanks
You can submit your application, do you biometrics and go out the country for come back. ILR travel restrictions don't apply to Citizenship and Nationality
Many thanks

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 am
ukvisat2 wrote:

Unfortunately you have keep looking. CR001 and CULLINAN and other experienced moderators can suggest further actions
Thank you - it seems that there is no easy answer to my question. So I shall wait and apply when I return back.

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:33 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 am
Guys i have good news! I'm glad to report that our applications have been successful. HO just email me and the whole family in one. Thanks for the help CULLINAN and others who kept us in high spirits. It's been 7 long months but it's all done now. Strangely the letter is dated 12th September, a day after IDV submissions. That makes me think there is a backlog of decisions not coming out. Nevertheless, all the best to everyone out there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
hello!

does it mean that they are going to send the ceremony invitation within 12 weeks from sept 12? or are they gonna start the 12 weeks wait from October 19?

spacepup
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by spacepup » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Sadly I cannot get an appointment near me. I need to attend a CORE UKVCAS branch and there are none for at least a month and I've been checking daily.

Does anyone know another way to contact UKVCAS other than their number of 0844 8920232 as it doesn't work and hasn't worked for about 5 days since I've needed to book a biometrics appointment.

I had to call the HO to make sure if I overstay because of this shortage of appointments that I will not be penalised. It's all really frustrating.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:48 pm

ukvisat2 wrote:

If you are open to travel for your appointment to different cities and pay for appointment, you will be able to secure a quick appointment. However, free appointments maybe delayed.
Unfortunately, you will only be able to see availability after you pay and submit.
Note, you have to provide your biometrics within 2 months after date of application (the deadline will be mentioned on your UKVI account) after you pay and submit online.