ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

debrancherenzym

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:07 am

any SET(M)s over 120 days still waiting? I feel like with the current COVID situation, the 6 month time line might not be fulfilled :?

stargal87
South Africa

Post by stargal87 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:24 am

Got my approval!!!! Best of luck everyone :!: :D

Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) - Tier 2 General
Date application sent : 21/09/2020
Type of application : Standard application
Payment debited: 21/09/2020
Documents uploaded : 24/09/2020
Email re biometric reuse / IDV app: Not received
Access granted to IDV app: No access given
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 12 October 2020
Decision Letter received: 19 October 2020 :D
BRP Card Received: waiting

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:33 am

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a bio appointment [currently booked for Sunderland]. UKVCAS update says the following Service Points will be open today but I still see no slots. They just asked me to keep checking frequently on Twitter. Let me know if you are able to see/book for these two centres, please.

Coventry w/c 19 October
Llandudno w/c 19 October
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

gn0me
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by gn0me » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a Tier 1 Exceptional talent visa and previously had a Tier 2 General. In total I've been in the UK for over a 5 years already. I've applied for ILR and have an appointment in Croydon on 2nd of November. I've uploaded all documents online, but a lot of these documents I have only in PDFs, like bank statements, payslips, etc. Should I still print them and bring on my appointment or it is enough that I've uploaded them? Thanks for clarification.

Andrei

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:51 am

Hi Guys,

I am still waiting on my decision.
Applied on 14th April
IDV submission on 28th August.

Contacted HO last week and they said I will receive an update in 10 working days.

Contacted my local mp through their email today.

Waiting for a response.

Any suggestions or ideas to escalate further?

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 am

Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:51 am
Hi Guys,

Applied on 14th April

Contacted HO last week and they said I will receive an update in 10 working days.

Waiting for a response.

I think you will hear back in 10 working days, whenever home office have said they will come back in 10 working days, I think they have with a decision.

Hopefully you can hear back soon.

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 am

Hi all,

Seems app submission is moving faster now

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:26 am

Emp35 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 am
Hi all,

Seems app submission is moving faster now
This is nothing new. It's the same line UKVCAS have been parroting for a while now.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am

Oh my bad. Not sure why they keep saying it, if it’s inaccurate

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:33 am

gn0me wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:44 am
Hi Everyone,

I have a Tier 1 Exceptional talent visa and previously had a Tier 2 General. In total I've been in the UK for over a 5 years already. I've applied for ILR and have an appointment in Croydon on 2nd of November. I've uploaded all documents online, but a lot of these documents I have only in PDFs, like bank statements, payslips, etc. Should I still print them and bring on my appointment or it is enough that I've uploaded them? Thanks for clarification.

Andrei
May be worth taking it just in case. Just for clarification, where you in the tier 2 for 5 years or tier 1 is included in your 5 years?

anaskamal1992
Newly Registered

Post by anaskamal1992 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:33 am

Just got my decision today, although it was for FLRM.

Timeline is as follows:

Submitted application online: 15th September.
Received email that not eligible for IDV: 22nd September.
Submitted biometrics in person: 5th October.
Received covid delay email: 11th October.
Received decision: Today (19th October).

Surprised at how fast they made the decision, although I was switching from discretionary leave (2.5 years) to FLRM so it may have been a factor, albeit pleased and thankful.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am

Emp35 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
Oh my bad. Not sure why they keep saying it, if it’s inaccurate
No worries, no harm done. There is no evidence that it is not accurate either, to be honest. The bottleneck could be (and probably is) on UKVI's end rather than UKVCAS.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Emp35

Post by Emp35 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am

Oh fair enough. That would make sense.
Last edited by Emp35 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

butchikMD
Newly Registered

Post by butchikMD » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am

Toxic wrote:
Hi Guys,

Applied on 14th April

Waiting for a response.

We have the same application date, IDV was on 3rd Sep though and had personal appointment on 7th Oct. I have chased HO as well last week right after the 6th month mark. On 3/10 working days and have not heard anything yet. I’ve given up with my local MP, either it takes them ages to reply or not reply at all. I want to wake up from this nightmare already!

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

butchikMD wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am
Toxic wrote:
Hi Guys,

Applied on 14th April

Waiting for a response.

We have the same application date, IDV was on 3rd Sep though and had personal appointment on 7th Oct. I have chased HO as well last week right after the 6th month mark. On 3/10 working days and have not heard anything yet. I’ve given up with my local MP, either it takes them ages to reply or not reply at all. I want to wake up from this nightmare already!
UKVI takes 20 working days to respond to MP escalation as I have raised it with my MP as well, 20 working days will be over on Wednesday for me

alibaba2234
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by alibaba2234 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am

I have received my BRP decision email today (successful). I want share details of my case, hopefully it give our society here some additional insight:

Insight:
1. You can register application with UKVI for ILR (LR) before you qualify for the ILR (LR). As long as you qualify on the day of biometric appointment, you should be fine.
2. You shouldn't expect and communication from UKVI or UKVCAS from the day of biometric submission.
3. My 1st date of entry to the UK (2 Sept 10) is blurred and the stamp is illegible. I submit print-out of my flight ticket that day and I received no further query from UKVI.
4. Biometric reuse: I have no idea why I was not selected for reuse. I am a lone application (no dependant, no lawyer was used). I submit my biometric in 2015 for Tier 4, 2016 for Tier 2 Visa, 2019 for Tier 2 visa extension; so home office had plenty of my biometric already. All application mentioned were lone application).

My timeline ILR (LR):
1st entry to UK: 2/Sept/2010
1st date to qualify for ILR (LR): 5/Aug/2020

5/Jul: Created UKVI account
5/Jul: Register with UKVCAS (did not click submit document to UKVI button)
7/Aug: Biometric appointment (in-person)
19 /Oct: decision email received (successful)
BRP received: awaiting.

Note:
No email or any form of communication from UKVI or UKVCAS from biometric appointment to 19 Oct
No email communication from UKVI or UKVCAS from 5/Jul to 7/Aug except register confirmation email and email asking me to book biometric appointment.

China

Post by 917700 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

alibaba2234 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am
I have received my BRP decision email today (successful). I want share details of my case, hopefully it give our society here some additional insight:

Insight:
1. You can register application with UKVI for ILR (LR) before you qualify for the ILR (LR). As long as you qualify on the day of biometric appointment, you should be fine.
2. You shouldn't expect and communication from UKVI or UKVCAS from the day of biometric submission.
3. My 1st date of entry to the UK (2 Sept 10) is blurred and the stamp is illegible. I submit print-out of my flight ticket that day and I received no further query from UKVI.
4. Biometric reuse: I have no idea why I was not selected for reuse. I am a lone application (no dependant, no lawyer was used). I submit my biometric in 2015 for Tier 4, 2016 for Tier 2 Visa, 2019 for Tier 2 visa extension; so home office had plenty of my biometric already. All application mentioned were lone application).

My timeline ILR (LR):

Note:
No email or any form of communication from UKVI or UKVCAS from biometric appointment to 19 Oct
No email communication from UKVI or UKVCAS from 5/Jul to 7/Aug except register confirmation email and email asking me to book biometric appointment.
Thanks for sharing this information. Can I ask when did your first visa was granted? My solicitor did mention there is a grey area which is not very clear. We can submit the application based on the date of issue of visa rather than the date of entry. I decided to wait because each caseworker is different.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:03 pm

alibaba2234 wrote:

Insight:

My timeline ILR (LR):

Note:
Congratulations! I'm assuming that you submitted your application on 5th July as well (given that you can't create a UKVCAS account linked to that specific application until you have finished your UKVI application and form). If not, could you please clarify when you did? Best thing would be to update the timeline thread with your details.

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:04 pm

alibaba2234 wrote:

Insight:

My timeline ILR (LR):

Note:
Congratulations! when did you submit your ILR application and paid fees to UKVI. I thought that should be considered as your application date. I submitted my ILR (LR) application on 4th Aug 2020, hence want to check with you.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Does anyone have experience of bringing an infant not named on the application to a Service Point for a biometrics application. I know they say they would not allow anyone not named on the appointment inside on the UKVCAS website but then it also says exceptions apply. I am currently unable to find childcare due to an emergency closure of our nursery. Wanted to know if anyone else has done it to see if that's an option.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:59 pm

gag285 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 pm
Does anyone have experience of bringing an infant not named on the application to a Service Point for a biometrics application. I know they say they would not allow anyone not named on the appointment inside on the UKVCAS website but then it also says exceptions apply. I am currently unable to find childcare due to an emergency closure of our nursery. Wanted to know if anyone else has done it to see if that's an option.
UKVCAS FAQ says "Am I able to bring my children with me to my appointment?
Where possible we ask that children are not brought to appointments unless they are part of the
application. However, all the customers named on the application, including children and babies
must attend your appointment with you. In line with any social distancing measures, children must
remain close to you all times."

Interpretation looks subjective. We have our appointment this Saturday. 2 adults, a 5-year-old - who are on the application and a 1-year-old not on the application. I can let you know about our experience if your appointment is later.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Thank you Navkant. Mine is on Friday so perhaps I might have to let you know. If someone has done it in current conditions, I 'll stop stressing and keep my appointment else I might end up cancelling and rebooking.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:12 pm

gag285 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm
Thank you Navkant. Mine is on Friday so perhaps I might have to let you know. If someone has done it in current conditions, I 'll stop stressing and keep my appointment else I might end up cancelling and rebooking.
Oh cool. Worth tweeting them and get a confirmation. Worth trying before the rescheduling which seems a hassle as you don't know when is the next available appointment.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:19 pm

navkant wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:12 pm
gag285 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm
Oh cool. Worth tweeting them and get a confirmation. Worth trying before the rescheduling which seems a hassle as you don't know when is the next available appointment.
Exactly, cancelling will be the last option. I have waited 3 weeks to go to this appointment and I know how hard it is to get one around London. I will try to tweet them and also keep trying for emergency childcare.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:35 pm

@Navkant - I just got a response on my tweet and UKVCAS said its ok if you have no other choice. Its a big relief but I will still keep looking for a childcare option. Just letting you know for your appointment on Saturday. Good Luck