ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not Straightforward Application - EUSS FP (Liverpool Visa Section)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Not Straightforward Application - EUSS FP (Liverpool Visa Section)

Post by AFR-_- » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am

Greetings everyone. I got a dreadful email stating 'Not Straightforward Application' for my EUSS FP Application. Does anyone know how long it takes for UKVI to reply after this?

My wife is a French national with a Pre-Settled Status in the UK. I am a Hong Kong SAR Permanent Resident with a Pakistani Passport.I am the EUSS FP Applicant.
Visa type: EUSS Family Permit Application.
Country applied from: Lahore, Pakistan.
VFSGlobal: Lahore.
Non-priority (none available in Lahore).
Online application date: 28 July 2020.
Biometrics Appt. date: 25 Aug 2020.
UK Decision Making Centre (Liverpool) email of receipt of my Application (Application is being prepared for clearance by an Entry Clearance Officer): 28 Aug 2020

Visa Received date: STILL PENDING.

Events that have taken place so far:

1. Received an email from UKVI on 4 Sept 2020 asking me to send them evidence proving that my EAA citizen sponsor is physically present in the UK from the date of my application (28 Aug 2020) for me to be eligible for the EUSS FP. Replied with documents online to UKVI on 7 Sept 2020. Also, I received an accompanying email from UK Decision Making Centre on 4 Sept 2020 that my application has not been straightforward, it will take longer than the normal processing times. AFTER THIS, I HAVE RECEIVED NO RESPONSE FROM THEM YET.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them after this dreadful reply? Is there any way to push them to respond? Today (i.e., 6 Oct 2020) is my 27th WD since they received my EUSS FP Application in Liverpool.

Nyamebeye

Re: Not Straightforward Application - EUSS FP (Liverpool Visa Section)

Post by Nyamebeye » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm

This email is not peculiar to you. They have been sending these emails out to many people. From the sounds of it, it seems it's on the right track. If they have requested for more evidence, you are lucky. The exact time your application would be concluded will not be known by anyone but it appears most people don't wait for long to get their visas. Good luck.

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:07 am

Nyamebeye wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm
This email is not peculiar to you. They have been sending these emails out to many people. From the sounds of it, it seems it's on the right track. If they have requested for more evidence, you are lucky. The exact time your application would be concluded will not be known by anyone but it appears most people don't wait for long to get their visas. Good luck.
Thank you for your kind reply. Yes I guess I shall just wait and see what happens. I heard that due to Covid-19, applications for the EUSS FP are taking longer than applications for the EAA Family Permit.
Its a waiting game I guess.

curtisf
Newly Registered

Post by curtisf » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:53 pm

We got the same email for my husbands application.

We applied on the 25th august, got the "not straight forward" email on the 3rd September. We waited for 2 weeks and were not contacted by anyone, on the 24th September I contacted my local MP who I know quite well, don't know what he did but 5 days later he got a reply stating things were slow due to Covid-19, the day after 30th we got an email stating a decision had been made.
Today, 8th October, we received the passport with his visa inside stamped 29th September. WE gave the bare minimum documents they asked for, no pictures, no statements, no housing records etc.

My advice to anyone who gets this non straight forward email. Don't waste your time, as soon as it is delayed try to find out why and find a way to expedite it, for most of the posts I have read it takes up to about 30 working days from the date of the Non straightforward message and I do believe Covid is playing its part so some patience is rewarded.

Its also no use to sit up all night worrying and letting this control your life, it will be done eventually. AS far as my application, my husband was applying for as a relevant person of Northern Ireland and all of our documents were British anyway, so I don't know why the application was not straightforward. Seems our application was sitting on a desk waiting to be processed for 3 weeks.

As for that UKVI inside/outside number, you would be better off withdrawing your money from an ATM and throwing it in the air.

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:05 am

curtisf wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:53 pm
We got the same email for my husbands application.

We applied on the 25th august, got the "not straight forward" email on the 3rd September. We waited for 2 weeks and were not contacted by anyone, on the 24th September I contacted my local MP who I know quite well, don't know what he did but 5 days later he got a reply stating things were slow due to Covid-19, the day after 30th we got an email stating a decision had been made.
Today, 8th October, we received the passport with his visa inside stamped 29th September. WE gave the bare minimum documents they asked for, no pictures, no statements, no housing records etc.

My advice to anyone who gets this non straight forward email. Don't waste your time, as soon as it is delayed try to find out why and find a way to expedite it, for most of the posts I have read it takes up to about 30 working days from the date of the Non straightforward message and I do believe Covid is playing its part so some patience is rewarded.

Its also no use to sit up all night worrying and letting this control your life, it will be done eventually. AS far as my application, my husband was applying for as a relevant person of Northern Ireland and all of our documents were British anyway, so I don't know why the application was not straightforward. Seems our application was sitting on a desk waiting to be processed for 3 weeks.

As for that UKVI inside/outside number, you would be better off withdrawing your money from an ATM and throwing it in the air.
Thank you for your very insightful reply. May I ask whether your application was;
1) an EUSS FP application or an EAA FP Application?
2) Priority Application or Non-Priority Application?
3) How did you contact your local MP? Did you go there in person or did you contact them via email?

Please let me know the above. I do not want to delay it any further, UKVIS may take forever if we do not push them.

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm
***New update (9 Oct 2020): apparently, it is not a bad thing to email UKVI. I sent them an email today (9 Oct 2020) enquiring about my Application Status and got a response in less than 1 hour. However, the email only stated that;
-they have made a decision
-they cannot announce the decision online/on telephone
-that I need to wait for my VAC to contact me to take my passport.

At least I got something from them and that I am not all in the dark. Fingers crossed, hope for the best!

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Good to know a decision has been made. That should give you some inner peace. Give yourself another week and start contacting the VAC if you haven't heard from them. I feel very confident that you've been granted so take it easy. All the best.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:01 am

AFR-_- wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am
Greetings everyone. I got a dreadful email stating 'Not Straightforward Application' for my EUSS FP Application. Does anyone know how long it takes for UKVI to reply after this?

My wife is a French national with a Pre-Settled Status in the UK. I am a Hong Kong SAR Permanent Resident with a Pakistani Passport.I am the EUSS FP Applicant.
Visa type: EUSS Family Permit Application.
Country applied from: Lahore, Pakistan.
VFSGlobal: Lahore.
Non-priority (none available in Lahore).
Online application date: 28 July 2020.
Biometrics Appt. date: 25 Aug 2020.
UK Decision Making Centre (Liverpool) email of receipt of my Application (Application is being prepared for clearance by an Entry Clearance Officer): 28 Aug 2020

Visa Received date: STILL PENDING.

Events that have taken place so far:

1. Received an email from UKVI on 4 Sept 2020 asking me to send them evidence proving that my EAA citizen sponsor is physically present in the UK from the date of my application (28 Aug 2020) for me to be eligible for the EUSS FP. Replied with documents online to UKVI on 7 Sept 2020. Also, I received an accompanying email from UK Decision Making Centre on 4 Sept 2020 that my application has not been straightforward, it will take longer than the normal processing times. AFTER THIS, I HAVE RECEIVED NO RESPONSE FROM THEM YET.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them after this dreadful reply? Is there any way to push them to respond? Today (i.e., 6 Oct 2020) is my 27th WD since they received my EUSS FP Application in Liverpool.
Congrats for the approval.
What documents did you submit to approve the presence in the UK of the sponsor?

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Doc to prove presence of EAA Citizen Sponsor in the UK.
1) UK Bank account statements that included daily transactions (which included the date of my application).

2) Rent agreement of flat and cover letter by landlord.

3) work letter certifying employment start date and designation.

Although, I don't know yet whether I got the permit or not. That's to be confirmed yet.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:56 am

AFR-_- wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 pm
1) UK Bank account statements that included daily transactions (which included the date of my application).

Although, I don't know yet whether I got the permit or not. That's to be confirmed yet.
Hello Dear , did you received your decision yet ? I sent them an email ,it says it's being considered and waiting for decision.

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 am

Sajid29 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:56 am
AFR-_- wrote:

Hello Dear , did you received your decision yet ? I sent them an email ,it says it's being considered and waiting for decision.
No I have not yet received any other decision nor any other email. I just went to the Lahore VAC today and they told me that my Passport has not arrived yet and that I should wait and check in a few days. (It takes around 5-10 Working Days to get back the Passport unless the otherwise). Fingers crossed, lets hope for the best!

What is your timeline Sajid?!

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

AFR-_- wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 am
Sajid29 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:56 am
AFR-_- wrote:

No I have not yet received any other decision nor any other email. I just went to the Lahore VAC today and they told me that my Passport has not arrived yet and that I should wait and check in a few days. (It takes around 5-10 Working Days to get back the Passport unless the otherwise). Fingers crossed, lets hope for the best!

What is your timeline Sajid?!
1st of October biometric, I send them paid email on 16 october ,they said they have made a decision for my parents . But I am surprised they have refused my brother and send refusal letter in email . I am positive about my parents .my brother refusal was because I applied Under EU settlement scheme ,I should have applied as an extended family member . I am applying again for my brother . I am just wonder only brother decision was send by email but they said they can't tell my parent decision.

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Yes, I agree that you can try applying the extended family member route for your brother too.

As far as I can say (by looking constructively at multiple comments of people online), UKVIl normally gives a reply to decisions refused earlier for you to take actions earlier. For most successful Applications, they just refuse to reply and one day you just get an email stating 'go get your passport' (especially, in our case, since we applied form Pakistan).

I wish you good luck man! Let me know if you received any replies.

By the way, after reading some comments of people online, I just went to my VAC directly and asked them whether they received my passport, and I was told that they normally give back passport 5-10 days after a decision has been made. So I will go to the VAC again and check its status (although the VAC official told me that I should get an email to pick up my passport soon).

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:52 pm

They told my father that currently they sent refusal on email .I will update the decision as soon I find out .I am positive that you will get visa .I am assuming that if they sending refusal on email for not successful cases then the other cases are successful . Yes it might take few days for delivery but apart of paid email i didn't receive any email from Liverpool yet .Did you get any email from Liverpool? I will try to call them tomorrow.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:24 am

You are right, refusals come through email and are quick.if the decision has been made as advised by the UKVI, please wait as it may take up to 4 weeks for the passport to arrive at VAC.
In relation to your brother’s application, could you please share the refusal reasons.
Thanks

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:19 am

euspouse07 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:24 am
You are right, refusals come through email and are quick.if the decision has been made as advised by the UKVI, please wait as it may take up to 4 weeks for the passport to arrive at VAC.
In relation to your brother’s application, could you please share the refusal reasons.
Thanks
I applied through EU settlement scheme rather then extended family member. This is why they refused my brother. My parents decision is made on 15 october (paid email ) . I didn't receive any email from Liverpool that they have made a decision. I don't know if Liverpool usually send decision made email or not. But I will wait by next Thursday then I will send someone to look in the office ,I heard some people don't get notifications . I am hopeful for my parents ,once there concluded then I will apply for my brother. What about you ?

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Your parents would receive their passport approximately after 4 weeks, once the decision is made.I am following the same line as well.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Finger crossed 🤞. After refusal email ,my brother passport arrived with in a day, just saying .May be it's a positive sign and taking longer to process everything after decision is made

AFR-_-
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AFR-_- » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:08 am

Sajid29 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Finger crossed 🤞. After refusal email ,my brother passport arrived with in a day, just saying .May be it's a positive sign and taking longer to process everything after decision is made
Well, we can only wait I suppose and hope for the best.
I went to my VAC located in Lahore yesterday, and talked with the centre-in-charge. He told me that although UKVI has made a decision, the VAC has not yet received the passport from UKVI (I.e., it is still in the UK). He said that UKVI returns passports back to VAC in batches/bulk and that I should expect my passport normally within 20 working days after a decision has been made.
I am supposing that because of Covid-19, we can easily double the waiting period.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:55 am

AFR-_- wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:08 am
Sajid29 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Well, we can only wait I suppose and hope for the best.
I went to my VAC located in Lahore yesterday, and talked with the centre-in-charge. He told me that although UKVI has made a decision, the VAC has not yet received the passport from UKVI (I.e., it is still in the UK). He said that UKVI returns passports back to VAC in batches/bulk and that I should expect my passport normally within 20 working days after a decision has been made.
I am supposing that because of Covid-19, we can easily double the waiting period.
That's good you can always go and check for an update but we are living far from VAC .I think our passport going to Dubai as my brother's passport return from there .if they sending refusal on email then we can expect a good news . I will give it one more week then I will contact them for an update. It shouldn't take that long ,Covid-19 is perfect excuse for many . Everything is resumed and it's a part of life atm .

Chowdhury122
Newly Registered

Post by Chowdhury122 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 pm

Hello afr.

Did you receive your parents passport. And if yes Did they grant them visa. And how long it take to receive the passport. Many thanks

Regards

pak2013

Post by pak2013 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:29 pm

Sajid29 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:52 pm
They told my father that currently they sent refusal on email .I will update the decision as soon I find out .I am positive that you will get visa .I am assuming that if they sending refusal on email for not successful cases then the other cases are successful . Yes it might take few days for delivery but apart of paid email i didn't receive any email from Liverpool yet .Did you get any email from Liverpool? I will try to call them tomorrow.
Hi Dear

Hope you doing well, can anyone help me please how can we contact Liverpool through paid email or telephone? what's email address and number?
Thanks