ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents to upload to UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrfigaro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Absences more than allowed

Post by mrfigaro » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm from Europe and I'd send my citizenship application but my absences are more than 90 days in the last 12 months and more than 450 in the past 5 years.
I have a family that moved away from UK in 2017 and since then I'm travelling pretty much every week to see them on the weekend, so also keeping track of all my flights isn't easy.

Points on my favor are:
1- I have ILR (Settled status) for more than 1 year now
2- I own a property
3- I always been employed since the day I got in
4- Excellent credit score
5- Got car and never had tickets

I have 3 questions:

1) I know that absences count regardless if it's for work or personal but was wondering if there is a bit of flexibility on that considering the good points?

2) I flew so many times and not even sure how to get them all to be able to make a list, what's going to happen if I miss something? Who and who are they going to check absences or my flights? do they check the record of my passport with borders force?

3) Is it possible to talk to somebody to have a consultation about my situation?

Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Absences more than allowed

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mrfigaro
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mrfigaro » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Thank you @CULLINAN,

I saw that table but still not clear some points,

1- part of the estate meaning properties or investments as well?
2- Family must be part of the requirements?
3- How can I be sure days abroad are correct and how do they check?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:33 pm

What are your total number of absences?

3) HO will make their own checks with border force. It is always best to be a truthful as possible. It is your responsibility to mention all dates accurately. Maybe you have to check your flight tickets?

Note, BC is discretionary and not an entitlement. It is best to wait till you meet the requirements OR act as listed in the table. Its still risky.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mrfigaro
Newly Registered
Mood:

What documents to upload to UKVCAS

Post by mrfigaro » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm

HI all,

I've submit my application and I now need to upload the docs on UKVCAS website.
What is not clear is which documents considering that I'm applying for citizenship with permanent residence (I'm from EU).

Here the list of docs requested:

1) If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy - Don't need that I think?
2) Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person - What here? Payslips? or P60? and for all years? Can't they get it from national insurance number?
3) Proof of Nationality What here?
4) Proof of living in the UK for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if
applying as the spouse of a British Citizen Isn't this the same as point 2?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What documents to upload to UKVCAS

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:56 pm

1) Correct - if you don't fall into the category of student or self-sufficient.
2) You submit a P60 for every year - it's the applicant who provides the proof.
3) Passport
4) Your PR document or Settled Status Status reference.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.