ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed applying for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sowmya92
Newly Registered
Mood:

Unemployed applying for British citizenship

Post by sowmya92 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking advice/help to apply for British citizenship (with ILR)
As of this month, I have been made redundant from my job that I worked from the last 7 years. Based on the information on the gov.uk website, I meet all the requirements except for the one that is:
• intend to continue living in the UK
Although I have all intensions to settle in the UK and make it my main home, I am guessing being unemployed wouldn’t meet this requirement. I don't own any property/investment in the UK or neither have any family in the UK.

Just wondering if being unemployed would adversely affect my application or wait for my circumstance to change. Any suggestions/advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Unemployed applying for British citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm

Being employed is not a requirement for naturalisation. And it is not connected with your future intention to reside in the UK. You declare your unemployed periods as part of your employment history.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.