ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Title on supporting documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alan34
India

Tier 1 general PBS dependant applying for ILR

Post by Alan34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi all,

I would like to know the process of ILR application for PBS dependant.
My husband initially was on tier1 general and got ILR and now British citizen. My visa status is PBS dependant. The following are my doubts.
1) as a PBS dependant should I fill set(o) online form?
2) while filling the application, do I need to upload the documents immediately and then submit application? Some people say upload documents before going for biometrics. So I'm confused
3) I have written life in uk in 2017. Is it still valid?will it have any expiry period?
4) once I submit the online application, will it automatically navigate to book biometrics ?
Some people say they got invitation email to submit biometrics via idv app.
5) I'm currently pregnant and will shortly go for maternity leave. Do I need to upload any documents related to pregnancy?
6) I was self employed for an year. Do I need to upload sa302 and tax returns document?
7) for proof of travel history- do I need to upload any travel tickets? Or do I need to provide travel dates on cover letter?
8) how many months bank statements and payslips should be uploaded?

Please help me in this regard.
Many thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 general PBS dependant applying for ILR

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Alan34 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 pm
Hi all,

I would like to know the process of ILR application for PBS dependant.
My husband initially was on tier1 general and got ILR and now British citizen. My visa status is PBS dependant. The following are my doubts.
1) as a PBS dependant should I fill set(o) online form? Yes, it will be SET (O)
2) while filling the application, do I need to upload the documents immediately and then submit application? Some people say upload documents before going for biometrics. So I'm confused You get the chance to upload documents till the day you go for biometrics
3) I have written life in uk in 2017. Is it still valid?will it have any expiry period? Still valid, LIUK has no expiration
4) once I submit the online application, will it automatically navigate to book biometrics ? Its a process and the conclusion of one will prompt you on doing the next
Some people say they got invitation email to submit biometrics via idv app. No invitation for idv app again
5) I'm currently pregnant and will shortly go for maternity leave. Do I need to upload any documents related to pregnancy? If you so wish, not aware it is mandatory
6) I was self employed for an year. Do I need to upload sa302 and tax returns document?
7) for proof of travel history- do I need to upload any travel tickets? Or do I need to provide travel dates on cover letter?
8) how many months bank statements and payslips should be uploaded?

Please help me in this regard.
Many thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:56 pm

1) If your husband got ILR via the Tier 1 G route, then yes you will apply on Form SET(O).
2) Anytime before biometrics.
3) Yes. You need to meet the English Requirement also.
4) Yes, once you pay and submit, you will see “further actions page” and you will click “book an appointment” which will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS - to upload documents and book an appointment.
5) No
6) No
7) Passport(s) stamps only for any travels during any leave granted after 11th Jan 2018.

PS: You do NOT need to prove any income or maintenance funds proof.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:56 pm
1) If your husband got ILR via the Tier 1 G route, then yes you will apply on Form SET(O).
3) Yes. You need to meet the English Requirement also. I have done B1 test last week and received certificate from trinity college

4) Yes, once you pay and submit, you will see “further actions page” and you will click “book an appointment” which will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS - to upload documents and book an appointment.
5) No
6) No
7) Passport(s) stamps only for any travels during any leave granted after 11th Jan 2018.
My last visa extension was done on 2019. But before that I had few days of absence. Not clear on this what to submit

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm

If your last extension was granted in 2019, then you only have to list any absences after that period. You did not have any absence limit before that and no need to mention in the form either. The form will not ask anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm
If your last extension was granted in 2019, then you only have to list any absences after that period. You did not have any absence limit before that and no need to mention in the form either. The form will not ask anyways.
Please correct me if I misunderstand.
So you are saying to mention only absence dates after 2019 visa extension. I was out of uk for 6 weeks after I got my visa extended.
I have listened from other people as we need to mention all absences
since I enter uk which is from last 5years.
Sorry to bother you. Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Alan34 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
So you are saying to mention only absence dates after 2019 visa extension. I was out of uk for 6 weeks after I got my visa extended.
PBS dependents have NO absence limit if ANY leave was granted BEFORE 11th Jan 2018.
The absences comes into play only after ANY leave was granted AFTER 11th Jan 2018.
So you will only mention absences after your leave which was granted in 2019 as per above stated.
Stop listening to other people and follow the guidance.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.0.pdf

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:47 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Page 10
PBS and Appendix W dependant partners

You must not include any absence from the UK during periods of leave granted under the Rules in place before 11 January 2018 towards the 180 days allowable absences. For example, if a dependant partner’s qualifying period includes initial leave granted from 1 February 2015 to 31 January 2018, and an extension granted from 1 February 2018 to 31 January 2020, you must not count any absences before 1 February 2018.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 pm
Alan34 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
PBS dependents have NO absence limit if ANY leave was granted BEFORE 11th Jan 2018.
The absences comes into play only after ANY leave was granted AFTER 11th Jan 2018.
So you will only mention absences after your leave which was granted in 2019 as per above stated.
Stop listening to other people and follow the guidance.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.0.pdf

Thankyou

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:56 pm
3) Yes. You need to meet the English Requirement also.
5) No
6) No

I'm confused now. Please help me with the following concerns:
1) now will I be a main applicant? Because I'm alone applying. My husband already got British citizenship
2) if I'm the main applicant, is it not necessary to provide proof of income and match the yearly income criteria?
3) if I submit my application this week, I'm not sure when I will get an biometric appointment. If I don't get in 1-2 weeks, then it will be problematic as my due date is nearer and not sure whether I can attend biometrics or not
4) so is it better to wait until after delivery as my visa valid till 2022?
5) from next month I will be on maternity leave and I won't get full pay. I only get SMP.
So I can't match the yearly income criteria. Will this be a problem if I apply later

Please advise on above
Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm

1) You are the “applicant” for sake of the ILR application. Your sponsor i.e. the main Tier 1 G applicant is your husband.
You will choose the category as Tier 1 G dependent and then the form will ask details about the MAIN Tier 1 G sponsor’s details i.e. your husband.

2) You have NO income requirements.

3) Most likely you will not get a biometrics appointment within 1-2 weeks but you will have 2 months to submit biometrics from the date of application.

4) It is entirely your choice as how you want to manage it. But yes you can apply anytime before your visa expiry.

5) Irrelevant.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:37 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm
1) You are the “applicant” for sake of the ILR application. Your sponsor i.e. the main Tier 1 G applicant is your husband.
You will choose the category as Tier 1 G dependent and then the form will ask details about the MAIN Tier 1 G sponsor’s details i.e. your husband.

2) You have NO income requirements.

3) Most likely you will not get a biometrics appointment within 1-2 weeks but you will have 2 months to submit biometrics from the date of application.

4) It is entirely your choice as how you want to manage it. But yes you can apply anytime before your visa expiry.

5) Irrelevant.
There are 2 questions on application form where I'm confused whether to select yes or no.
1) is the bank or utility company for which you have supplied for information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
2) does the bank or utility company for which you have supplied for information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support

The other question is:
I had an ukvcas account which I used for my previous visa extension. So can I login and book an appointment for biometrics without completing application form?
When I logged in to ukvcas account, few slots are available. I'm afraid if I complete application late, I may lose the dates.
So this means I book biometric appointment first and then complete or submit application online. Please let me know whether I can do this or not.

I will provide utility bill where myself and my husband names are included. This is to prove that we both are living together. So do I need to say yes to both the questions.
We don't have any joint bank accounts. I provide bank statements of our individual accounts.
Please help on the above questions.
Many thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 am

If you are submitting any joint named documents, then the answer to the above (1) will be yes.

(2) If you are submitting any joint named documents and the joint named person also provides you financial support, answer accordingly.

You must complete the online form and pay/submit first. The system will then ask you to book an appointment, your UKVI and UKVCAS accounts will be linked then. You can NOT book an appointment with your old account without first submitting and paying for the application first.

Alan34
India

Documents for ILR SET O Form

Post by Alan34 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi,

I submitted set o form online for ILR. I mentioned my husband as the financial sponsor and also will submit water bill(joint account on my name and my husband name).
In the document checklist it is asking for few documents like below.
1. Declaration signed by (husband) to confirm consent for the home office to request verification checks
2. Consent form for the Home office to request verification checks on (husband) for joint accounts or third party support

Doubt 1:
I'm getting confused whether there will be two separate forms present (consent form and declaration form) or only one form with 3 parts(downloaded from declaration section while filling application).

Doubt 2:
There are another 2 documents in the checklist
1. Evidence of applicant for current immigration status in uk
2. Current biometric residence permit

I uploaded biometric residence permit. Will it be sufficient for the above 2 documents?

Please help me on this regard
Many thanks in advance

srsw

Re: Documents for ILR SET O Form

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:37 pm

1. Yes, only one form with 3 parts.
2. Yep, BRP is sufficient.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:19 am

srsw wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:37 pm
Thankyou for the clarification

Also do I need to submit p60s of mine and my husband?? My husband is my financial sponsor. I'm currently on maternity leave

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:29 am

Alan34 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:19 am
srsw wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:37 pm
Thankyou for the clarification

Also do I need to submit p60s of mine and my husband?? My husband is my financial sponsor. I'm currently on maternity leave
No. You do not have any income requirements.

Your existing topic. Please keep all questions in one topic:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-gener ... l#p1952385

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:33 am

Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alan34
India

Title on supporting documents for ILR

Post by Alan34 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi,

Im on PBS dependant visa and applied for ILR.
For supporting documentation of cohabitation, I'm thinking to upload water bill and council tax letter. But on water bill my title is present as MRS and on council tax letter my title is present as Miss.
So if I upload both letters will it effect my ILR as title is different on both letters. Or shall I upload only one letter

Please advise on above
Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:33 am
Topics merged.
Topics merged again. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Title on supporting documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Alan34 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:54 pm
Hi,

Im on PBS dependant visa and applied for ILR.
For supporting documentation of cohabitation, I'm thinking to upload water bill and council tax letter. But on water bill my title is present as MRS and on council tax letter my title is present as Miss.
So if I upload both letters will it effect my ILR as title is different on both letters. Or shall I upload only one letter

Please advise on above
Many thanks in advance
Irrelevant. You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)