ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samdav7
India

Salary threshold

Post by samdav7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:20 am

Hi all,
I am going to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain shortly. With regards to the minimum salary threshold, I would like to clarify on meeting the salary threshold.
I work for the NHS and work inside london.
I am paid £34,872.00 per annum and this excludes the High cost area supplement which is about £6,000. The overall annual income is around £40,000. Am I meeting the salary requirement for this year’s 2020?
Please advise!
Thanks!
Sam Sol

zimba
Mood:

Re: Salary threshold

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:35 am

samdav7 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:20 am
Hi all,
I am going to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain shortly. With regards to the minimum salary threshold, I would like to clarify on meeting the salary threshold.
I am paid £34,872.00 per annum and this excludes the High cost area supplement which is about £6,000. The overall annual income is around £40,000. Am I meeting the salary requirement for this year’s 2020?
Please advise!
Thanks!
The allowances which are guaranteed to be paid for the duration of your employment in the UK can be counted towards your salary.

There is a min threshold of salary for all ILR applicants under Tier 2 set at the moment at £36,200.
There is also a min salary you should be paid as per your SOC. (See Appendix J)
For ILR, you need to be paid the highest among the two figures to be eligible.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:35 am
samdav7 wrote:
Hi all,
Please advise!
Thanks!
The allowances which are guaranteed to be paid for the duration of your employment in the UK can be counted towards your salary.

There is a min threshold of salary for all ILR applicants under Tier 2 set at the moment at £36,200.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
Does this mean with the allowance I am ELIGIBLE to apply for ILR?
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:27 am

samdav7 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am
Zimba wrote:
samdav7 wrote:
Hi all,
Please advise!
Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
Can you please clarify when you say “among the two figures” mean? Both the two or either of it?
Thanks!
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 am

samdav7 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:27 am
samdav7 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am
Zimba wrote:
samdav7 wrote:
Hi all,
Please advise!
Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
Can you please clarify when you say “among the two figures” mean? Both the two or either of it?
Thanks!
I am an Occupational Therapist at Band 6 level paid at £34,782.00, which is above the SOC code.
My job was removed from shortage of occupation list in 2007 and came back to the list in 2019. Am I exempt from meeting salary threshold or does it apply to me? As it was not in the list in the last 6 years?
Thanks!
Sam Sol

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm

You are exempt then
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi all,

I initially entered UK back in 2007 as a student under Tier 4 visa, had applied for Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa. I returned back to U.K in 2013 under Tier 2 and again in early 2015 under Tier 2.
I had stayed outside of U.K for 2 years between 2011 and 2013 and further one full year away from early 2014 to early 2015 (due to cooling-off period) Therefore, as I am not eligible to apply under the 10 year continuous stay (as I had stayed more than 180 days in a given period from 2011 to early 2015).
I am therefore applying for 5 years of continuous stay since early 2015.

I have now passed the 'Life in the UK' test and have started filling the ILR application. In the Immigration history, it asks as:
"When did you first enter the UK?
(Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."'
I am assuming I need to provide the date as early 2015 date as the answer, as it states "the date you entered UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started". Or should I give my first ever entry to the U.K (2007), as student under Tier 4?
Can anyone please confirm what this question requires answering appropriately?
Many thanks!
Sam Sol

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 pm

2015 date.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Thank you!
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi all,
Would like to know in terms of payment for ilr by online, does home office accepts only Uk debit/credit card? Or can we pay overseas debit card as well (being in the UK)?
Sam Sol

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:14 am

samdav7 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 pm
Hi all,
Would like to know in terms of payment for ilr by online, does home office accepts only Uk debit/credit card? Or can we pay overseas debit card as well (being in the UK)?
Any visa master card etc should be okay. It will show you which cards are accepted.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:14 am
samdav7 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 pm
Hi all,
Any visa master card etc should be okay. It will show you which cards are accepted.
Thank you! When you are stating “it”, does it mean in the payment page?
I wanted to know if I could make payment from India’s atm or debit card?
Thanks!
Sam Sol

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:33 am

The payment page yes.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Thanks!
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi,
I have three questions to clarify:
1. I would like to know with regards to the salary threshold, should I have earnt the salary requirements as per this year for the last 12 months or at the time of application, my salary should be at the minimum required salary threshold?

2. I did not get full pay as I took unpaid leave earlier this year, in one month. It will reflect on my payslip of how much I earned (less than my monthly wage). Will this affect my application or it won't as the evidence should be counted the contracted salary wage I am on?

3. My job was included in the shortage of list of occupation later half of last year. Does this mean I am exempted from this minimum salary threshold?

Please let me know!
Thanks!
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:30 pm

samdav7 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:00 pm
Hi,
1. I would like to know with regards to the salary threshold, should I have earnt the salary requirements as per this year for the last 12 months or at the time of application, my salary should be at the minimum required salary threshold?

2. I did not get full pay as I took unpaid leave earlier this year, in one month. It will reflect on my payslip of how much I earned (less than my monthly wage). Will this affect my application or it won't as the evidence should be counted the contracted salary wage I am on?

3. My job was included in the shortage of list of occupation later half of last year. Does this mean I am exempted from this minimum salary threshold?

Please let me know!
Thanks!
Hi All,
I am looking to find the information for this:
I would like to know with regards to the salary threshold, should I have earnt the salary requirements as per this year for the last 12 months or at the time of application, my salary should be at the minimum required salary threshold?
Can anyone help on this please!
Thanks!
Sam Sol

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:50 pm

The general salary threshold is the one if you are talking about, a sudden increase to meet that (35800k) would be doubtful. If you talking about minimum rate for experianced worker, it will be taken what you are earning at the time of application, i.e. what you and your employer mention.
cheers

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:35 am

samdav7 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:30 pm
samdav7 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:00 pm
Hi,

Please let me know!
Thanks!
Hi All,
I am looking to find the information for this:
I would like to know with regards to the salary threshold, should I have earnt the salary requirements as per this year for the last 12 months or at the time of application, my salary should be at the minimum required salary threshold?
Can anyone help on this please!
Thanks!
Hi
just to clarify on this, if you are applying after 30th Nov 2020, you have to consider the new rules which came in to force from 9am 1 dec 2020.
for salary, There is no 35.8k threshold anymore, it is 25.6k minimum but it should meet the minimum 'going rate' in table SW minimum going rates (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tion-codes).if your job is shortage occupation or PhD level you dont have to earn 25.6k but still have to meet the going rates.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the information.
Sam Sol

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi all,

When paying for the ILR application, is there an option to receive the decision in 5 days as priority? The website is giving the option only as standard 26 weeks option!
Will it provide the option for the 5 days decision after selecting this initially?
Sam Sol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Priority service is suspended. Only standard service is available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 pm
Priority service is suspended. Only standard service is available.
Thanks for this! Do you know when was it suspended since?
Sam Sol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Since march.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samdav7
India

Post by samdav7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:14 pm
Since march.
oh thanks!
Means have to wait for 26 weeks!
The biometric appointment booking website reset password does not work. Not sure what the reason is!
They are aren't available to telephone to enquire what the issue is!
Sam Sol

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:56 pm

samdav7 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:38 pm
oh thanks!
Means have to wait for 26 weeks!
The biometric appointment booking website reset password does not work. Not sure what the reason is!
They are aren't available to telephone to enquire what the issue is!
May I know what the issue is?