ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 pm

spacepup wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Sadly I cannot get an appointment near me. I need to attend a CORE UKVCAS branch and there are none for at least a month and I've been checking daily.

Does anyone know another way to contact UKVCAS other than their number of 0844 8920232 as it doesn't work and hasn't worked for about 5 days since I've needed to book a biometrics appointment.

I had to call the HO to make sure if I overstay because of this shortage of appointments that I will not be penalised. It's all really frustrating.
You should see different locations or paid appointments. You have a deadline mentioned on your UKVI account (2 months from date of application). You must submit your biometrics before that. Free appointments are taken quickly. You may have to pay and secure one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 am
Guys i have good news! I'm glad to report that our applications have been successful. HO just email me and the whole family in one. Thanks for the help CULLINAN and others who kept us in high spirits. It's been 7 long months but it's all done now. Strangely the letter is dated 12th September, a day after IDV submissions. That makes me think there is a backlog of decisions not coming out. Nevertheless, all the best to everyone out there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Congratulations!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi all,

Just submitted application form. Now, trying to book appointment for Biometric but nothing available. Do you have any idea how the appointment booking system now working. Should we wait for email to book appointment or can book straightway ? Is the midnight or early morning or any specific time appointments slots open ?

Thanks

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 pm

janinah wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Hi all,

Just submitted application form. Now, trying to book appointment for Biometric but nothing available. Do you have any idea how the appointment booking system now working. Should we wait for email to book appointment or can book straightway ? Is the midnight or early morning or any specific time appointments slots open ?

Thanks
book straight away - change the postcode. https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Can you check for me that what is the appointment availability for Manchester UKVCAS centre?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:32 pm

janinah wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Hi all,

Thanks
12 midnight GMT. For now, its 1am BST.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 pm

For Manchester... earliest I can see 9/11/20 for £135

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 pm

By using post code I found a appointment 31/10 at Croydon... while thinking to look for nearer date at different centre within 1 minute that appointment gone... now waiting... bad luck :(

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:22 am

janinah wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 pm
For Manchester... earliest I can see 9/11/20 for £135
Thank you.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi,
Last night submitted application form. But haven’t upload any documents yet and looking for biometric appointment date now. But, we received following email hour ago. I am bit confused. It’s normal reply email isn’t it? Everyone get this kind of email ?

“ Dear XXX,

Case ID: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:36 pm

generic automated email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Anymore June applicants still waiting with me? :oops:

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Whole day trying to get an appointment... checked 40+ times... in the morning found only 16/11/2020 appointments... later no appointment showing at all around London...is it normal ? 4 weeks time Appoinment only ? Is there even any chance to get any appointment within 2 weeks or should I go 4 weeks normal appointment? Any suggestion?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:17 pm

janinah wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:16 pm
Whole day trying to get an appointment... checked 40+ times... in the morning found only 16/11/2020 appointments... later no appointment showing at all around London...is it normal ? 4 weeks time Appoinment only ? Is there even any chance to get any appointment within 2 weeks or should I go 4 weeks normal appointment? Any suggestion?
Check at 1AM BST tonight, otherwise yes book the one available after 3/4 weeks. Many have reported the same to get appointments in 3/4 weeks only.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:47 pm
Me :|

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Alisaa wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
I personally believe the dual submissions stopped working just the week starting 21st Sep. And now whoever went for a dual submission on/after that has been pushed back in the queue as per the biometrics submission date......🙉

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:39 pm
Alisaa wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
I personally believe the dual submissions stopped working just the week starting 21st Sep. And now whoever went for a dual submission on/after that has been pushed back in the queue as per the biometrics submission date......🙉
I do not want to think that way . I think caseworkers work on the applications and the last bit of the naturalization puzzle is your biometric. Hence when they reach the conclusion then they check the applicant biometric.
I believe they are not waiting for the biometric to start processing applications. at least I hope . stay positive, we will all get our decision soon but personally I think mine will take over 6 months. from what I have seen in the past, processing the application for the applicants like me with a refugee background will take longer than other categories :?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:56 pm

Good luck Alissa!!

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:56 am

SwiftKey wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:33 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 am
Guys i have good news! I'm glad to report that our applications have been successful. HO just email me and the whole family in one. Thanks for the help CULLINAN and others who kept us in high spirits. It's been 7 long months but it's all done now. Strangely the letter is dated 12th September, a day after IDV submissions. That makes me think there is a backlog of decisions not coming out. Nevertheless, all the best to everyone out there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
hello!

does it mean that they are going to send the ceremony invitation within 12 weeks from sept 12? or are they gonna start the 12 weeks wait from October 19?
Hi, all the emails say within 12 weeks. I take it that it's from the date the decision which is September 12. I called the Nationality helpline and they confirmed there is a backlog which they believe is almost cleared. It could be anytime with the 12 weeks

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:05 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Alisaa wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
I doubt it. We had IDV and In-person submissions but our letters were dated 12 Sept. That says a lot about the unusual trends. I believe they are spot picking and not based on application date order i.e. first to apply, goes first in the queue to be assessed.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 am

Alisaa wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Alisaa wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
I do not want to think that way . I think caseworkers work on the applications and the last bit of the naturalization puzzle is your biometric. Hence when they reach the conclusion then they check the applicant biometric.
I believe they are not waiting for the biometric to start processing applications. at least I hope . stay positive, we will all get our decision soon but personally I think mine will take over 6 months. from what I have seen in the past, processing the application for the applicants like me with a refugee background will take longer than other categories :?
@CULLINAN and Alissa, it might be worth emailing the Nationality email. A few people not in this forum have done that and got results in a few days of the sending the emails. There is no harm asking for a status update.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Me too. Applied june 22 still nothing. Some people are getting confirmation generic email once application is made with Case ID details and so on. I didn't get anything at al!! So frustrating. Did dual submission as well.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:48 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:56 pm
Good luck Alissa!!

Thanks CULLINAN , you as well :)

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Hansi89 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:06 am

CULLINAN wrote:
me too still waiting. I emailed EU settlement support team last week asking whether I should apply for settlement while waiting for BC decision. because the deadline for settlement scheme is June 2021. They told me to call UKVI before making an EU settlement application. So I called UKVI and explained the situation but they cannot check the status of the application before 6 months is over. so have to wait until 03-Dec before they can check with HO.. I really hope I don't have to wait full 6 months :(

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 am
Alisaa wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Alisaa wrote:

@CULLINAN and Alissa, it might be worth emailing the Nationality email. A few people not in this forum have done that and got results in a few days of the sending the emails. There is no harm asking for a status update.
I think it is not a good idea to poke HO before 6 months. :?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 am

Correct. Will wait patiently.