ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will application for british passport be rejected in this case?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

domino777
Newly Registered
Poland

Will application for british passport be rejected in this case?

Post by domino777 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Hi. My friend want to hide his criminal history abroad (one of the EU country) in the application for the British passport. He has the criminal case opened against him (its about documents falsification), and he awaiting trial. The case is on hold for uncertain period of time. Because of the Covid19 police cannot complete investigation which involves interrogation of nearly 50 witnesses. His solicitor is saying that case maybe delayed for many years. Also solicitor is saying that maximum punishment that may be applied in this criminal case will be a penalty, so no other conviction, because the case is really not significant and petty. So my friend is saying that if he disclose it in the application than his application will be rejected until that criminal case abroad will be closed and the penalty is paid. So he wants to hide it and hopes that it will give him slightly more silver lining that they may not check it abroad or the information about open (not closed) or petty criminal cases will not appear on Home Office checks system. What do you think about it, cause I think that he can get into the trouble by doing so? So I decided to ask here before his application is sent.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Will application for british passport be rejected in this case?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:07 am

Applicants are required to tell the truth.
Good Character Guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Re: Will application for british passport be rejected in this case?

Post by jgreen6123 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:53 am

domino777 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 pm
Hi. My friend want to hide his criminal history abroad
You should sit and wait until your criminal case concludes. And since you came here for advice, you should show a bit of request to the members here by not starting with an outward lie about a friend. Or just conceal it, the HO will have the final laugh.