ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fx125

Tier 2 ILR absences

Post by fx125 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Can I please ask what supporting documents should be provided to substantiate the list of absences?

I assume scanned passport showing all stamps? However, when we leave UK we are not given a stamp in passport or in case the stamp quality is bad and not visible then how the case officer can reconcile between the listing and the scanned passport? Are they actually gonna check one-by-one?

Thanks alot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR absences

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:27 pm

1. Please do not tag your questions into other members topics.

2. You need an absence letter from all employers and your scanned passport, all stamped pages. Yes, ukvi do check and have their own records which they get from the airlines of your departure etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Thanks alot...Apologies I was not sure how I should ask a minor question without creating a new thread so I raised the Qs here...Can you please help me with one more Q?

In the online application form, travel history section, there is only one country allowed for each absence, so if I travel out of UK to multiple countries, how should I put in the form. For example: On 24 Aug, fly from UK to Korea, then from Korea to China, then China to Taiwan, then Taiwan to China, then China to UK on 24 Sep

Should I indicate Korea as the country I'm travelling to and put the breakdown of the trip in comment section?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:31 pm

fx125 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:27 pm
Thanks alot...Apologies I was not sure how I should ask a minor question without creating a new thread so I raised the Qs here...Can you please help me with one more Q?

In the online application form, travel history section, there is only one country allowed for each absence, so if I travel out of UK to multiple countries, how should I put in the form. For example: On 24 Aug, fly from UK to Korea, then from Korea to China, then China to Taiwan, then Taiwan to China, then China to UK on 24 Sep

Should I indicate Korea as the country I'm travelling to and put the breakdown of the trip in comment section?
Mention the final destination. Mention transit countries with dates in the reason section. Exit/Entry from/to UK dates matter only for absence calculation.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fx125

Tier 2 ILR question

Post by fx125 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:41 am

Hi,

Can I please ask a stupid question as my solicitor advised me differently.

I'm applying for ILR via T2G 5 years, visa vignette was issued on 27 Oct 15. So according to the rule, I'm eligible to apply 28 days before the completion of qualifying period, which is 28 days before 27 Oct, i.e. 29 Sep 2020 and I plan to apply on 30 Sep to be on the safe side.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... =&as=&rec=

My solicitor advised that 28 days before completion of qualifying period would be 30 Sep 2020 so I should I apply on 01 Oct to be on the safe side.

Normally I cant be arsed about one day, but right now we all know biometrics invitations from UKVCAS are processed in monthly batch (Sep applicants, Oct applicants etc.) so I dont wanna fall into Oct batch and have to wait longer. So could you please advise if my calculation is correct as this is what I have observed and researched so far?

In addition, will I be required to submit documents on UKVCAS site on 30 Sep at the point of payment or I can submit it later on?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:27 pm
1. Please do not tag your questions into other members topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fx125

Re: Tier 2 ILR question

Post by fx125 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:59 am

Thx CR001 - I'm not familiar with functions of the forum, did you just help me to create a new thread and moved my questions across? If so, thx so much and I will stick with this thread going forward.

If possible, can you also help with my questions?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:26 am

which is 28 days before 27 Oct, i.e. 29 Sep 2020 and I plan to apply on 30 Sep to be on the safe side.
Correct. You qualify from 29th Sep, but always good practice to give 1 day margin on top.

Note date of application is the date you pay and submit. If you pay and submit on the 30th Sep, make sure you also register an UKVCAS account on the same date to be considered in the Sep pool of applicants for biometrics. The date of biometrics and the date you upload documents is irrelevant.

PS: Your post was split in your existing thread by the moderator. Keep all your questions in this thread now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 am

Hi Cullinan,

Thanks alot for this.

Re. my Q about date of uploading documents - this is because if I apply on 30 Sep, I'm not sure I can get Sep payslip and bank statement by 30 Sep, so is it possible to submit the application online, pay and register for UKVCAS account on 30 Sep and upload documents a few days after that...so that I can still be in Sep pool?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 pm

fx125 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 am
Hi Cullinan,

Thanks alot for this.

Re. my Q about date of uploading documents - this is because if I apply on 30 Sep, I'm not sure I can get Sep payslip and bank statement by 30 Sep, so is it possible to submit the application online, pay and register for UKVCAS account on 30 Sep and upload documents a few days after that...so that I can still be in Sep pool?
Ideally ALL your documents should be DATED before the date of application. As long as they are dated before 30th Sep and you apply on 30th Sep but receive them at a later stage, you are free to upload anytime before the biometrics.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:30 am

Hi,

Can I please ask what would be the contact address of HO or UKVI I should put in the employment letter, absence letter, etc...at the top left corner? I know its just formality and doesnt matter but just wanna be dilligent.

Thanks alot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am

UK Visas and Immigration
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fx125

Post by fx125 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Mods and Gurus,

I need your advice on this. Basically I lost my BRP and have applied for replacement but it has been 3 months due to Covid, I have submitted biometric via IDV but havent heard anything from UKVI. I need to apply for ILR now and I have raised this Q to this thread before and was advised that it shouldnt be a problem as long as I mentioned it in Set O. However, my solicitor said I would need to wait for the BRP replacement to be successful on the ground below

"We would need for you to have your new BRP is hand before submitting your application online, if it fine for us to have a scanned copy of the new BRP but we will need this be submitting the ILR application and you will also then need the original when attending your biometric appointment in due course. In addition to this an applicant can not have two live / submitted applications at any one time, if so the previous application can automatically by withdrawn, this will then leave you with no valid BRP / replacement BRP application and also the ILR application will be refused on the same basis. Following this we would need to await the outcome of your replacement BRP before proceeding"

Can you help to advise if its correct or direct me to any sources/guidlines to further clarify this? Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Your solicitor is incorrect. You can apply for ILR without BRP if it has been lost. No need for a replacement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fx125

Post by fx125 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know any docs/guideline to prove that it is wrong? I have tried to research but unable to find any concrete evidence mentioning whether BRP is required or not.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:25 pm

fx125 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know any docs/guideline to prove that it is wrong? I have tried to research but unable to find any concrete evidence mentioning whether BRP is required or not.

Thanks
I am not sure what you are trying to find. You have lost the BRP “card”, NOT the immigration status. Maybe your solicitor does not know the difference. Plus no original BRP is needed at the appointment as long the copy is scanned and uploaded. I have already explained earlier, as long as you have the copy, you can apply for ILR.

Having said that, either change the solicitor or otherwise have some faith in him/her and follow what he/she says.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:02 pm

fx125 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi Zimba,

Thanks
There is no requirement that you must submit one. If lost you must get a replacement but when you want to apply for a new application then there is no need
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am

Dear Mod and Gurus,

Can I please ask how I should submit the consent form? i.e. print out, sign, scan and upload to UKVCAS or bring it to my appointment?

Per Set O form: "You must download a copy of the third party verification checks consent form. You must sign and include this form when you provide your documents"

Thanks

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

Yes, print out, sign, scan and upload to UKVCAS
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:37 pm

fx125 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am
Dear Mod and Gurus,

Can I please ask how I should submit the consent form? i.e. print out, sign, scan and upload to UKVCAS or bring it to my appointment?

Per Set O form: "You must download a copy of the third party verification checks consent form. You must sign and include this form when you provide your documents"

Thanks
Digitally sign and upload if you can. The easiest option

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Thank you everyone. Can I please ask what type of Docs I should upload to UKVCAS for Set O as their headings are not very clear, compared to UKVI checklist

- Residence in UK: Is it proof of leave to remain, i.e. BRP, or proof of address?
- Finance: Is it bank statement or P60 or payslip or ALL?
- Proof of Business: Is it the standard employment letter?
- Life Event: Is it scanned passport showing travel stamps and employment letter certifying paid leaves?
- Medical: Not applicable for Set O?
- Sponsor/Employment: Is it the standard employment letter?
- Proof of Identity/ Travel History: Is it scanned passport showing travel stamps and employment letter certifying paid leaves?
- Educational: Is it English degree to be exempted for English test?

Thanks alot

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:54 pm

fx125

Post by fx125 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 am

Thank you Cullinan, you are always helpful as always. God bless you !!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 am

fx125 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 am
Thank you Cullinan, you are always helpful as always. God bless you !!!
God bless you too! Good luck!!

fx125

Post by fx125 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Dear Mods and Gurus,

Hopefully this is my last question...

1. So I accidentally submitted on UKVCAS a document showing that I have stayed at an address for c.3 months however I did not report the change of address as required when I moved there as the time frame is too short and its during Covid time so I forgot. Normally I submitted Changes of Address form to Home Office every time I move

2. What do I do with the excel template detailing my travel history? Do I need to submit it or bring it to my Biometrics appointment? I assume no as UVKI has their own database already?

Would that be an issue for my application?