ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with the application for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leeds_user
Newly Registered
India

Help with the application for ILR

Post by Leeds_user » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Hello all, I need some help with my submission for ILR application.

My case :-

My wife acquired T2 general visa in Mar 2015. At that time i was on T2 ICT. I became her dependant in Sep 2015. My wife then received her ILR in Apr 2020. Since i had not completed my 5 yrs on the "current" visa by Apr 2020, i ended up extending my visa (Dependant - ILR) in Mar 2020 and my current visa is valid for another 2.5 yrs.

My understanding is that i am now eligible to apply for my ILR. Can someone confirm please?

Also, i started my application today, but have few questions :-
1. Start phase of the application
a) It asks which visa my wife currently has, but doesnt give me an option to select ILR holder. Am i right in selecting "T2 General" as that was the category she was in when she applied for ILR?
b) It then asks for a VAF / GWF number, what is that? & is it necessary?
c) It also asks for the Sponsorship number, but i am not sure why this info is necessary. Just want to be sure that i am submitting my application under right category?
2. Under Application section
d) There's a question on when did you enter UK. I entered UK for the first time in 2010 on T2 ICT, then i had another T2 ICT which i used to enter UK in Mar 2015. After that i switched to the Dependant visa in Sep 2015 while i was in UK. Am i right to use the date of Mar 2015 as the date i entered UK since it is the closest?
e) There's a question "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?" - I am not sure where this date has come from as normally the question would cover entire duration of the visa. Can someone advise please why i am only being asked any leave info since Jan 2018?
3. Under document section :
f) I was hoping i'll have to prove that i had been with my wife for past 5 years but no such document has been requested. I havent submitted my application as yet, so not sure if thats something that'll be requested at the end of the application?

Any help on above questions would be great. Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Help with the application for ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:04 pm

1a Correct.
1b “if known or if there is one” question. Not necessary.
1c It is main Tier 2 G sponsorship number.
2d Initial visa issue date on Tier 2 Dep
2e PBS dependents have no absence limits for any leave that is granted before 11th Jan 2018. So your absences will only be counted after your March 2020 leave or if any previous leave was granted after 11th Jan 2018.
3f You need cohabitation documents ideally in joint names (or individual names but same address but top it up then) for the last 2 years. 3/4 different sources covering last 2 years evenly i.e. every 3/4 months. Like tenancy agreement, council tax, bills etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Leeds_user
Newly Registered
India

Post by Leeds_user » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Thanks very much for your response. Appreciated

Leeds_user
Newly Registered
India

Post by Leeds_user » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:19 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:04 pm

3f You need cohabitation documents ideally in joint names (or individual names but same address but top it up then) for the last 2 years. 3/4 different sources covering last 2 years evenly i.e. every 3/4 months. Like tenancy agreement, council tax, bills etc.
Hi, I submitted my application this morning however i am not being asked to submit any cohabitation document (though i understand this is one of the key document). Is this normal? Have i made any mistake during the application that may result in this? I have downloaded the document checklist and it doesnt ask for any cohab document.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 am

The checklist is generic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 am

Leeds_user wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:19 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi, I submitted my application this morning however i am not being asked to submit any cohabitation document (though i understand this is one of the key document). Is this normal? Have i made any mistake during the application that may result in this? I have downloaded the document checklist and it doesnt ask for any cohab document.
The list generated are most times not exhaustive, therefore even though not on list since you are said aware needed, provide it.