ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

debrancherenzym

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:11 pm
JT67ILRqns wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:08 pm
Thank you very much for your swift response.

We will hold off writing to UKVI.

Based on what you are seeing, do you have any idea what sort of timescales we might be looking at for ILR SET M ?
@Ameline and @Ajitu92 are best placed to answer this.

I have a whole dataset from this forum since the start of lockdown (End of March) and I was trying to predict based on how the HO previously dealt with applications.

If we take March, April and May applications:

- First approved March SET(M) (appointment before lockdown in March) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 14/05/2020 (I guess there might be many before this but was not reported in this forum).
- First approved March SET(M) (appointment after lockdown in June) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 15/06/2020.
- First approved April SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 30/07/2020.
- First approved May SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 04/09/2020.

If we take June, July and Aug applications as examples which is more relevant to us, we (September SET(M) applicants) would have started receiving decision before October ends:

- First approved June SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 23/07/2020.
- First approved July SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 14/08/2020.
- First approved August SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 10/09/2020.

We have not seen any approval for September SET(M) yet. Based on June/July/August this would have started before 10/10/2020 but it did not happen. I applied myself on 04/09/2020. Obviously if they don't start reviewing September SET(M) before the end of October, we will be among the unlucky months, same as late march, April and May. If they start this week or next week, we will be similar to June, July and August.

Also when I say June, July and August are lucky with August being the luckiest, there are unlucky people inside these lucky months and vice versa lol :lol:

There are still outstanding applications from March to August, so overall; there are people who have been lucky in the monthly good luck, unlucky in the monthly good luck, lucky in the monthly bad luck and (bless them) unlucky in the monthly bad luck.

Hope this makes sense and helps.
Excellent analysis, you deserve an ILR just for this alone

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:53 pm

True :lol:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 pm

@Sean2606 If you hear from the HO imminently or even within 3 months you would not be very unlucky. I hope you will hear from them soon. For SET(O) as I mentioned in the morning and it's only based on my own assumption, because their stay in the UK is on a work basis having dependants and they also 'contribute to the economy', they have been privileged. While for us SET(M) it's different as we have a Sponsor. Same for LR they just not in rush in the HO opinion as they have been under different visas during the 10 years or just living in the UK for 20 years.

@debrancherenzym and @CULLINAN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iamthankful
Newly Registered

Post by iamthankful » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Flr (M)
Applied online 21/09/20 - I actually applied to extend my Flr(FP) but they switched me to FLR (M)
Biometrics - 05/10/20
Delay email due to covid - 14/10/20
Decision email - Granted 20/10/20

Decision received exactly one month after online application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:12 pm

iamthankful wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:11 pm
Flr (M)
Applied online 21/09/20 - I actually applied to extend my Flr(FP) but they switched me to FLR (M)
Biometrics - 05/10/20

You must have met the income requirements now?
Congrats!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:19 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
JT67ILRqns wrote:

Based on what you are seeing, do you have any idea what sort of timescales we might be looking at for ILR SET M ?
Apologies, I'm not tracking Set M applications, only Set LR. Will wait for @Ameline to chip in here.
Hi @Ajitu92, it would be great if you can share you insights on set LR. @Ameline’s remark is extremely helpful and I’m a set LR applicant and would love to hear something similar from you @Ajitu92 as well TIA

iamthankful
Newly Registered

Post by iamthankful » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:12 pm
iamthankful wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:11 pm
Flr (M)
Biometrics - 05/10/20

You must have met the income requirements now?
Congrats!!

Yes I am well over the income requirements, they gave me FLR(FP) when I applied for SET(LR) in 2018 (long story).

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 pm
@Sean2606 If you hear from the HO imminently or even within 3 months you would not be very unlucky. I hope you will hear from them soon. For SET(O) as I mentioned in the morning and it's only based on my own assumption, because their stay in the UK is on a work basis having dependants and they also 'contribute to the economy', they have been privileged. While for us SET(M) it's different as we have a Sponsor. Same for LR they just not in rush in the HO opinion as they have been under different visas during the 10 years or just living in the UK for 20 years.

@debrancherenzym and @CULLINAN
Thanks for your comment/assumption :)

We are not in any rush as we can't really travel due to the situation.

The place where my wife works has just asked for proof that she has submitted her application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:50 pm

sean2606 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:48 pm
Ameline wrote:

@debrancherenzym and @CULLINAN
Thanks for your comment/assumption :)

We are not in any rush as we can't really travel due to the situation.

The place where my wife works has just asked for proof that she has submitted her application.
Provide the employer with the UAN number. The employer can make an ECS check. Your wife’s work rights are protected via Section 3C until a decision is made.

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:50 pm
Provide the employer with the UAN number. The employer can make an ECS check. Your wife’s work rights are protected via Section 3C until a decision is made.
[/quote]

Thanks CULLINAN.

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Ameline wrote:

No, your assumption is not correct. I have applied for SET 0 since June and am still waiting for the decision. I do really became worried and contacted the HO today. They said I am still in the 6 months processing time. More waiting time😭.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:47 pm

drengshehata wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:46 pm
Ameline wrote:

No, your assumption is not correct. I have applied for SET 0 since June and am still waiting for the decision. I do really became worried and contacted the HO today. They said I am still in the 6 months processing time. More waiting time😭.
I meant overall, there are always exceptions like yourself and others. Also I was talking mainly about Tier2 General SET(O).

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:19 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
JT67ILRqns wrote:

Apologies, I'm not tracking Set M applications, only Set LR. Will wait for @Ameline to chip in here.
Hi @Ajitu92, it would be great if you can share you insights on set LR. @Ameline’s remark is extremely helpful and I’m a set LR applicant and would love to hear something similar from you @Ajitu92 as well TIA
Hey, so I have been tracking it (Set LR) since March and these are the stats.

We are currently running on an average of 101 days between date of application to date of decision. If I was to split this, March to June applicants' decisions were 123 days on average and July applicants onwards the average is 90 days so there is a downward trend at the minute and hope it continues.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

sashin19
Newly Registered

Post by sashin19 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi,
After submitting through the IDV app, does it say as submitted on the home screen? My solicitor claimed that she submitted the application for me after uploading all the documents 8 weeks ago. However, when I log into the app recently, it still shows the submit button in red. :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:45 pm

sashin19 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 pm
Hi,
After submitting through the IDV app, does it say as submitted on the home screen? My solicitor claimed that she submitted the application for me after uploading all the documents 8 weeks ago. However, when I log into the app recently, it still shows the submit button in red. :(
If submitted the “submit” button should be greyed out and disabled and a message will appear “Your documents have been submitted.....”
Also, your solicitor can never submit your application via IDV app. You must carry out an identity check via IDV app before submission and only you can do it.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JT67ILRqns
Newly Registered

Post by JT67ILRqns » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
JT67ILRqns wrote:

I have a whole dataset from this forum since the start of lockdown (End of March) and I was trying to predict based on how the HO previously dealt with applications.

If we take March, April and May applications:

- First approved March SET(M) (appointment before lockdown in March) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 14/05/2020 (I guess there might be many before this but was not reported in this forum).
- First approved March SET(M) (appointment after lockdown in June) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 15/06/2020.
- First approved April SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 30/07/2020.
- First approved May SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 04/09/2020.

If we take June, July and Aug applications as examples which is more relevant to us, we (September SET(M) applicants) would have started receiving decision before October ends:

- First approved June SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 23/07/2020.
- First approved July SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 14/08/2020.
- First approved August SET(M) reported receiving approval in this forum was on 10/09/2020.

We have not seen any approval for September SET(M) yet. Based on June/July/August this would have started before 10/10/2020 but it did not happen. I applied myself on 04/09/2020. Obviously if they don't start reviewing September SET(M) before the end of October, we will be among the unlucky months, same as late march, April and May. If they start this week or next week, we will be similar to June, July and August.

Also when I say June, July and August are lucky with August being the luckiest, there are unlucky people inside these lucky months and vice versa lol :lol:

There are still outstanding applications from March to August, so overall; there are people who have been lucky in the monthly good luck, unlucky in the monthly good luck, lucky in the monthly bad luck and (bless them) unlucky in the monthly bad luck.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Hi @Ameline,

Thank you very much indeed for this. it does make sense and it does help.

Despite COVID infection rates starting to increase again and heading back into lockdowns in some areas, it feels like this time, UKVI employees will be classed as 'critical' and hopefully the delays seen from late March, April and May applicants, can be avoided in wave 2. That's "glass half full" for you !

Based on your detailed understanding of timings from this forum, and as we are in such similar positions (with you having applied on 4/09/2020 vs us on 9/09/2020), when are you thinking / hoping that you might hear something eg acknowledgement from UKVI or better still, an approval ?

Thank you again for taking the time to pull together this value adding analysis and very best of luck with your application too.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:44 pm

@Ameline @Ajitu92

Please correct me if my observation is wrong. I believe applicants who went for dual submissions on/after 21st Sep seems not to have worked and MAYBE pushed back in queue as per the date of biometrics submitted in-person?

As per UKVCAS:
Doing this means that your case may take longer as UKVI will have duplicate records
What does your statistics say??

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:46 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:15 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

We are currently running on an average of 101 days between date of application to date of decision. If I was to split this, March to June applicants' decisions were 123 days on average and July applicants onwards the average is 90 days so there is a downward trend at the minute and hope it continues.
Hey, thousands thanks for this! Mine was sent off in Sep so fingercrossed I will hear back just before the holidays...

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:46 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:15 pm
ajitu92 wrote:

Hey, thousands thanks for this! Mine was sent off in Sep so fingercrossed I will hear back just before the holidays...
No worries! Would be worth updating the timeline thread at the top of the board with your application details :) Fingers crossed for you, and all applicants regardless of route, too! :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:44 pm
@Ameline @Ajitu92

Please correct me if my observation is wrong. I believe applicants who went for dual submissions on/after 21st Sep seems not to have worked and MAYBE pushed back in queue as per the date of biometrics submitted in-person?

As per UKVCAS:
Doing this means that your case may take longer as UKVI will have duplicate records
To be honest, nothing in my stats seems to indicate so clearly. The pattern that I have definitely noticed though, is, most if not all applications take 4 weeks plus from the date of IDV only submission (for all ILR routes). But given that Set (LR) seems to take a lot longer anyway, it doesn't seem to have made much, if any difference regardless of cutoff date (i.e. 21st Sep). I invite @Ameline to correct/add to my statement from his/her perspective.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Thanks for the insight 👍

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:17 pm

@Ajitu92

Also, doing some more research after our last night’s discussion, I came across a couple cases where SET(LR) decisions were made before they completed 10 years lawful residence and they had problems.

Although the official guidance clearly says one can apply within the concession period, CW should follow and grant any applicant who qualifies 28 days before completing 10 years, but since all CW’s are different, I would tend to agree with your understanding.

For SET(LR), its best to submit biometrics only once you fulfil the 10 years lawful residence (even if you applied within the 28 days concession period), just to be EXTRA cautious for your 10 years at stake.

Note for readers: This EXTRA caution is not needed for any other routes, since SET(LR) specifically talks about 10 years lawful residence so do not apply this to yourself or get confused.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:52 am

Guys, anyone have any insights into when Coventry SP will operate? It's says W/C 19Oct in the latest update but no action yet. UKVCAS Twitter handle won't share anything other than advice to keep checking.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline @Ajitu92

As per UKVCAS:
To be honest, nothing in my stats seems to indicate so clearly. The pattern that I have definitely noticed though, is, most if not all applications take 4 weeks plus from the date of IDV only submission (for all ILR routes). But given that Set (LR) seems to take a lot longer anyway, it doesn't seem to have made much, if any difference regardless of cutoff date (i.e. 21st Sep). I invite @Ameline to correct/add to my statement from his/her perspective.

Atleast for SET(LR) I see applications being picked up in date order irrespective of when/how biometrics were submitted. For the last week or so July applicants have been receiving decisions. I hope all June applicants have received their decisions by now.
No August/September applicants have received decisions yet.
Also atleast two April/May applicants decisions are outstanding as they received an email stating their case was exceptionally complex
Fingers crossed
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 am

CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline @Ajitu92

As per UKVCAS:
Interesting point Cullinan, I think you might be right about dual submission delays, for example in my case, I did my dual submission on 15th Sept, now that makes me think, because it has done me no favors, I have been pushed back in the order and my IDV submission from 28th August is not being considered at all, hence overall over 4 months and nothing.