ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raptortx2020
Newly Registered
India

Re: Next Ceremony

Post by raptortx2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:19 pm

ssireland wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:59 am
Received below email that letter was sent 4 days back. Still didnt get the letter. Looks like next ceremony is around the corner.

Thank you for your email.Please confirm if you receive a letter
requesting the €950.00 fee and other documents in order to produce your
certificate for naturalisation.Once these documents are submitted you
will be in invited to a ceremony to receive your certificate. This
letter was sent 11/10/20.
Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4
Hello ssireland

Thanks for sharing you update. its good to know that they are processing some applications and we getting updates. Could you tell when you applied? i did mine in last september but just have a application number so far.
Edit - Found it in the other Thread! Thanks and Good luck!

luckyfish1985
India

Post by luckyfish1985 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:06 pm

Hi all,

Just received appproval letter today

Applicaiton Submited: 14th November 2018
Second Stage : 19th November 2018
Approval Letter date: 12th October 2020

Hope this helps to all awaiting for long time.

Thanks,
H

Riazul1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Riazul1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm

ssireland wrote:
Received below email that letter was sent 4 days back. Still didnt get the letter. Looks like next ceremony is around the corner.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4
very gud, when did u submite the application? i got an email that i m in advance stage,what do u think when i will get the letter like u?

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:28 am

Riazul1 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm
ssireland wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4
very gud, when did u submite the application? i got an email that i m in advance stage,what do u think when i will get the letter like u?

Submitted in April 2019. I think advanced stage is just behind "will be submitted to minister as expeditious as possible" email. Last couple of months I just received the expeditious email not advanced stage.

sousou
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sousou » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am

SeanDub wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:22 pm
Got an email reply today, applied in 2nd quarter 2017. so frustrated well over 3 years, Any idea what's happening specially @littlerr, he/she is being so helpful.

Dear .......

Thank you for your email. Processing of your application is well advanced
and you will be informed of the Ministers decision in due course.
can you please tell me the email address you where contacting them cause i sent them an email 4 days ago and still didnt get back to me ..thanks

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:08 am

Riazul1 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm

We are getting that 'advance stage' email since almost a year and we got the same email again recently... Closing in on 3 years wait since submission of application and 2.5 years since 2nd stage letter... :cry:

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 am

sousou wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am
SeanDub wrote:
Got an email reply today, applied in 2nd quarter 2017. so frustrated well over 3 years, Any idea what's happening specially @littlerr, he/she is being so helpful.

Dear .......

can you please tell me the email address you where contacting them cause i sent them an email 4 days ago and still didnt get back to me ..thanks
In my experience, they usually take about a week to reply even though its usually a copy-paste reply... :|

sousou
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sousou » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 am

iamok wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 am
sousou wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am
SeanDub wrote:

Dear .......

In my experience, they usually take about a week to reply even though its usually a copy-paste reply... :|
thanks for the info

Narbukra
Ireland

Post by Narbukra » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 am

mikeydublin wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am
Paddy1996 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:47 am
I refer to the above referenced proceedings.
I confirm your proceedings were listed for mention at the Directions list of the Immigraiton and Asylum List which took place remotely on Monday 12th October 2020.
I confirm that your proceedings were called out by the Registration shortly after *****
I confirm that I confirmed to the Registrar that leave was granted in July 2020 and further that the order granting leave confirmed that the statement of opposition should be filed within 5 weeks.
Counsel for the respondent asked for more time to file statement of opposition on the basis that it was the first time in the list.
The Registrar listened to both counsel and directed that the matter be adjourned to Monday ** November 2020 for the Respondent to file their opposition.
I confirm that counsel and I will attend Court on 2nd November 2020 and update you again thereafter

The same day the Department of citizenship asked me for to submit the passport
Although I am not a moderator and a new member of this forum, But would like to point out that posts should be kept in accordance with the Title of the thread. This thread is about "Next ceremony". It will make others life easier to keep an eye on relevant updates related to "Next ceremony". Also starting a new Post with your question will probably give you more chances of getting better and relevant replies. Apologies and Thanks.
Totally agree! It's just embarrassing how people ignore this and keep posting. They only want to get their personal matter addressed and are not aware that they are wasting everyone's time on this thread.

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 am

Winchester wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 am
Just received my approval letter today
Almost 2 years waiting applied November 2018
Amazing! :D Mine is from March 2019 and hoping to get that letter before the two year mark

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Guys, Anyone got a letter today?

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:02 pm

So last month my application was in advanced stage .. and today I got this reply ... :( :( :( :(

Thank you for your email. I am directed by the Minister for Justice and
Equality to refer to your correspondence received in this Office.

Your application for naturalisation is currently being processed with a
view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the
granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for
decision when processing is complete.

The Division, like everyone in the State, has been impacted by the
restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 healthcare crisis. The restrictions
imposed have resulted in all Citizenship staff working remotely with
minimal access to the Office. Obviously these restrictions are outside of
the control of the division and have resulted in significant delays in
dealing with correspondence received in the Office and have had a negative
impact on processing times for all applications as the Division adjusts to
working in the current environment. The processing of the applications is
further impacted by the ability of Citizenship to contact other bodies,
many of whom will be negatively impacted by COVID-19.

I can confirm that the Division has engaged in concentrated effort to
process and complete all cases that remain outstanding for a considerable
period of time. Please be assured that we will revert immediately once a
decision has been reached on the application. Your patience in this matter
is appreciated.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk

Team 2

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi, Don’t worry. They just copy and paste emails. so don’t take any word from this office as a confirmed news.
It happened to me during my own application couple of years ago and also now recently with my child’s application. For my child application I sent them an email last month. they did not reply to my 1st email so I sent them 2nd email after a week.
Amazingly they replied to both email later. In 1st email reply they said the application has gone through final stage and is being prepared for submission to minister. For 2nd email (one day later) they replied that application is being processed normally and it will be assessed that my child does meet criteria to apply for naturalisation.
From this you can guess the validity of the emails this office send to applicants.

wec1979
Ireland

Post by wec1979 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:05 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:42 pm
Hi, Don’t worry. They just copy and paste emails. so don’t take any word from this office as a confirmed news.
It happened to me during my own application couple of years ago and also now recently with my child’s application. For my child application I sent them an email last month. they did not reply to my 1st email so I sent them 2nd email after a week.
Amazingly they replied to both email later. In 1st email reply they said the application has gone through final stage and is being prepared for submission to minister. For 2nd email (one day later) they replied that application is being processed normally and it will be assessed that my child does meet criteria to apply for naturalisation.
From this you can guess the validity of the emails this office send to applicants.
I agree with you completely. I sent them several Emails and got replies. First email said that my application is continue to process. Second email said that my application is at advanced stage. Third email said that it's continue to process.I don't know why they reply to people like that.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 am

wec1979 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:05 pm
I agree with you completely. I sent them several Emails and got replies. First email said that my application is continue to process. Second email said that my application is at advanced stage. Third email said that it's continue to process.I don't know why they reply to people like that.
I think it is people on rotation who reply to the emails. Some just give general information, other check the status. Advanced stage and continue to process roughly the same answer.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised if approvals stop again due to the new COVID restrictions. After a few approvals last week, nobody else seems to have posted about approvals this week and no news of the ceremony. Of course, there might be people who got approvals and are not on these boards so if anyone has any news then please keep us posted.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:15 pm

iamok wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 am
I wouldn't be surprised if approvals stop again due to the new COVID restrictions. After a few approvals last week, nobody else seems to have posted about approvals this week and no news of the ceremony. Of course, there might be people who got approvals and are not on these boards so if anyone has any news then please keep us posted.
Nope 👎 every door of hope also shut down right now especially for who waiting from years, Soon after 6 six weeks Christmas holidays will start and then New year and let’s see what new news in 2021?

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Covid -19 Justice Minister temporary suspended citizenship ceremonies

currently 21000 application in progress Around 3000 decision made

Citizenship applicants to sign affidavit of loyalty under temporary COVID-19 measures announced by Minister McEntee
· Pandemic requires the temporary suspension of in person citizenship ceremonies
· Applicants will instead sign an affidavit declaring loyalty to the State and be issued with their certificate of naturalisation
· eTax-clearance and eVetting to be introduced for citizenship applicants as part of Minister McEntee’s digital reform agenda to modernise the Justice Sector

22 October, 2020

The Minister for Justice, Helen McEntee TD, has today announced that citizenship ceremonies will be temporarily replaced during COVID-19 with a requirement for citizenship applicants to sign an affidavit declaring loyalty to the State.
Upon the return of a fully completed declaration, the Department of Justice will issue a certificate of naturalisation.
With the temporary suspension of citizenship ceremonies, the Department of Justice is examining alternative methods of celebrating the new citizens who will receive their certificates of naturalisation during COVID-19.
Making the announcement, Minister McEntee said:
‘Since their establishment in 2011, citizenship ceremonies have been joyous occasions at which we mark the granting of Irish citizenships in a dignified manner.
‘Unfortunately, the pandemic means that we are currently unable to hold the in person ceremonies with hundreds of people which have become a welcome addition to our public and civic life.
‘Yet thousands of applications for naturalisation are still on hand, with many applicants ready to become citizens. Our new, temporary approach means we can process these applications during the pandemic.

holahola84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by holahola84 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:36 pm

This is great news!

Here the link: http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR20000245

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Good news! Thanks for sharing!
Shelter wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:25 pm
· eTax-clearance and eVetting to be introduced for citizenship applicants as part of Minister McEntee’s digital reform agenda to modernise the Justice Sector
This is interesting.

Do you guys think that current applicants (approved/waiting for approval) have yet to apply for eTax and eVetting certs, or this will be introduced for future applicants?

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:11 pm

(I can't edit my previous post)

I've read the above link and it seems to me that the new measures will be for future applicants, but that's only my understanding and speculation.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:58 pm

Will this affidavit be sent out to those approved ?

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Yes. Once we send them in the bank draft, photos and IRP.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:09 pm

this is such a relief !!

Captainf
Afghanistan

Post by Captainf » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 pm

I have been approved in Feb 2020, Awaiting for Ceremony since... This is such a relief... 4 years of waiting might come to an end pretty soon.