ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kindsoul

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:56 am

Hi all,
I submitted my naturalisation application on 1st September 2020 then I got IDV app reuse email on 11th September to send my documents and photo ID. I did not received any email regarding my biometrics or fingerprints.

Is biometric reuse email for documents and photo submission which I have already done or for fingerprints.
Are they both different things because I didn't received any email for fingerprints. Can anyone please advice me 🙏

donblount

Post by donblount » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am

janinah wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:16 pm
Whole day trying to get an appointment... checked 40+ times... in the morning found only 16/11/2020 appointments... later no appointment showing at all around London...is it normal ? 4 weeks time Appoinment only ? Is there even any chance to get any appointment within 2 weeks or should I go 4 weeks normal appointment? Any suggestion?
Where are you finding appointments in London? I could not find in any of the London locations

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:47 pm
Anymore June applicants still waiting with me? :oops:
Yes, applied June 3... did my biometrics in London on the 19th August, my wife is British so thought they prioritise such applications.
I am self employed(own a company) not sure if this is making them delay with their decisions.
I am tired of looking at my Inbox and spam 10 times a day :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:40 am

Goldfinger1 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes, applied June 3... did my biometrics in London on the 19th August, my wife is British so thought they prioritise such applications.
I am self employed(own a company) not sure if this is making them delay with their decisions.
I am tired of looking at my Inbox and spam 10 times a day :D
Hope you get your decision quick but glad to see I am not left alone 🙆‍♂️
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lc42
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by lc42 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Applied on 7 September and just got approved. I had only done IDV and hadn’t gone for dual submission. Hopefully everyone waiting will get their decision soon.

umarahm3d
Newly Registered

Post by umarahm3d » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:35 pm

**************UPDATE****************

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 Year ILR
Language/LIUK Criteria: Graduate degree UK
Nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: Online
Application sent & fee paid: 14/04/2020
Receipt of your application: 14/04/2020
Document Upload to UKVCAS: 20/04/2020
Documents submitted to UKVI: 04/09/2020
Biometric reuse email: 01/08/2020
Invitation to use UKVCAS IDV APP or Biometrics: 03/09/2020
Photo and document submitted using IDV APP or Biometrics: 04/09/2020

Update
Email received from home office MMST FCT Callnotes - 14/09/2020

Dear
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible

Dual Submitting of biometrics at Croydon: 12/10/2020
Date of Approval letter: 21/10/2020
Date of receipt of approval:21/10/2020

Date of receipt of ceremony letter: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

Thanks for everyone on this group for valuable inputs and feedback, all the best to those who are waiting.

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:23 pm

lc42 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:27 pm
Applied on 7 September and just got approved. I had only done IDV and hadn’t gone for dual submission. Hopefully everyone waiting will get their decision soon.
Congratulations! did you receive the approval via e-mail or mail?

lc42
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by lc42 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:39 pm

imz2020 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:23 pm
lc42 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:27 pm
Congratulations! did you receive the approval via e-mail or mail?
Thank you, it was via email.

maglum
Newly Registered
India

Post by maglum » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi All, Just my two pence - Applied Sept 3rd, IDV upload Sept 12. Got the approval email 21st Oct. Only used the IDV, did not go for in-person submission ( aka dual submission). There are few others similar to my timescale. So, if you applied only through IDV, I don't think there is anything to panic. It will be processed in the due course. All the best.

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 pm

I'm one one the silent reader here, just want to post my timeline, Applied for naturalisation on 4th sep, uploads via idv app on 6th sep, got invites for biometric reuse on 22 Sep, upload my docs and also book for appointment which I went to on 6th oct, Got an Approval email on 20th of October. What baffles me about this application is that I've got 2 ccj which I did not declare with no repayment bcs they are almost 5 years. Anyways for me this chapter has been close. I Thank God almighty. Good luck to everyone.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:03 pm

maglum wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 pm
Hi All, Just my two pence - Applied Sept 3rd, IDV upload Sept 12. Got the approval email 21st Oct. Only used the IDV, did not go for in-person submission ( aka dual submission). There are few others similar to my timescale. So, if you applied only through IDV, I don't think there is anything to panic. It will be processed in the due course. All the best.
Maglum is right. A few people I know who applied in Sept with IDV only got decisions recently and one of our workmates got hers today. I guess it's case by case basis

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 pm

Desmond123 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 pm
I'm one one the silent reader here, just want to post my timeline, Applied for naturalisation on 4th sep, uploads via idv app on 6th sep, got invites for biometric reuse on 22 Sep, upload my docs and also book for appointment which I went to on 6th oct, Got an Approval email on 20th of October. What baffles me about this application is that I've got 2 ccj which I did not declare with no repayment bcs they are almost 5 years. Anyways for me this chapter has been close. I Thank God almighty. Good luck to everyone.
CR001 will be clamping on you lot. You should be posting on the nationality timeline forum. Congrats nonetheless

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Can anyone please help me regarding my query.l have submitted my naturalisation application on 1st September 2020 and submitted my documents and photo through IDV app on 14th September. But after that I didn't receive any email for my fingerprints. Is this is a normal process?
Will they use my old fingerprints or I should have book the appointment for biometrics on my own.
Or I should wait for the decision. I have already asked the same question before but no one replied. Sorry for asking again.
I will really appreciate your help.
Kind regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Kindsoul wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:07 pm
Can anyone please help me regarding my query.l have submitted my naturalisation application on 1st September 2020 and submitted my documents and photo through IDV app on 14th September. But after that I didn't receive any email for my fingerprints. Is this is a normal process?
Will they use my old fingerprints or I should have book the appointment for biometrics on my own.
Or I should wait for the decision. I have already asked the same question before but no one replied. Sorry for asking again.
Kind regards
Your application is complete after you submitted via IDV. HO will reuse your fingerprints. No further action required at your end.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Much appreciated.

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:30 pm

Kindsoul wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:07 pm
Kind regards
Hi Kindsoul, i have similar timelines as you. submitted application on 1st Sept then submitted documents via IDV app. I read in this forum that one would only receive an invite to use the IDV app if their Biometrics can be reused so basically you wont need to provide your fingerprints again. I too haven't received the any e-mail notification that im eligible to re-use fingerprints but i take it i am cz i used the app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:38 pm

You are only able to use the IDV app IF you are in the biometrics reuse category. Others will have no access to the IDV app so the email invitation is irrelevant.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:42 pm

If I am invited to use the IDV app, how long do I have to upload all of my supporting documents through it? Do I have to do it all on the same day?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:57 pm

seahorse8 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:42 pm
If I am invited to use the IDV app, how long do I have to upload all of my supporting documents through it? Do I have to do it all on the same day?
The deadline to submit biometrics is mentioned on your UKVI account @further actions page which is usually up to 2 months from date of application.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:57 pm
seahorse8 wrote:
The deadline to submit biometrics is mentioned on your UKVI account @further actions page which is usually up to 2 months from date of application.
Brilliant, thank you. I take it this is similar deadline if I book an appointment and don't use the IDV app, or at least they have to be uploaded before I go to my appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:37 pm

seahorse8 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
seahorse8 wrote:
Brilliant, thank you. I take it this is similar deadline if I book an appointment and don't use the IDV app, or at least they have to be uploaded before I go to my appointment?
Documents have to be uploaded before submission unless you want to pay extra and ask the centre to scan and upload for you. Deadline applies to biometrics submission via whichever route.

PS: I am not sure when you applied? IDV app is no more. Everyone has to book an appointment now.

Did you apply for Naturalisation??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:37 pm
seahorse8 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
seahorse8 wrote:
Documents have to be uploaded before submission unless you want to pay extra and ask the centre to scan and upload for you. Deadline applies to biometrics submission via whichever route.

PS: I am not sure when you applied? IDV app is no more. Everyone has to book an appointment now.

No, the user is applying for a spouse visa extension.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-sp ... l#p1951967

I really wish users would read the topic sub forum before posting in threads irrelevant to their circumstances!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

applier24
Newly Registered
India

Post by applier24 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:52 pm

I know this is not the nationality forum, but as there are questions about the approvals and because this forum has been really useful for me...

Applied: Aug 4
IDV app invitation: Aug end
IDV app submission: Sept 4
Approval: Sept 22
Ceremony: TBC

Single applicant. Student Visa + PSW 2 yrs + 5 yrs sponsored work visa + ILR 1 yr

Thanks for all the help...

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:37 pm
seahorse8 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

No, the user is applying for a spouse visa extension.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-sp ... l#p1951967

I really wish users would read the topic sub forum before posting in threads irrelevant to their circumstances!!
Apologies, I thought this thread was for general biometric/UKVCAS queries.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Rambo_ILR wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Me too. Applied june 22 still nothing. Some people are getting confirmation generic email once application is made with Case ID details and so on. I didn't get anything at al!! So frustrating. Did dual submission as well.
Update: Received approval today. Good Luck to all!