ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa extension queries

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 am
Ok thank you. The bills are usually paid from my current account which I wasn’t going to send because I’m using my savings accounts to satisfy the financial requirement will I need to include that aswell. 6 months from current and 6 months from savings.
For this purpose solely you may and if you don't should HO need such they have means of checking and or request it off you.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:03 pm

I am pleased to report that we’ve submitted the application online paid the health charge and for the visa extension. We’ve got the login for the UKVAS Steria system so need to book in an appointment it’s says after we’ve booked the appointments we can upload docs. Is that correct including the declaration forms? Also when he attends the UKVAS centre is that to give his fingerprints etc? A bit steep for £150!

It says they can check the docs and upload for you at an extra cost but doesn’t say how much this is. Does anyone know.

thank you all for your help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:03 pm
I am pleased to report that we’ve submitted the application online paid the health charge and for the visa extension. We’ve got the login for the UKVAS Steria system so need to book in an appointment it’s says after we’ve booked the appointments we can upload docs. Is that correct including the declaration forms? Also when he attends the UKVAS centre is that to give his fingerprints etc...and pictureure? and A bit steep for £150!

It says they can check the docs and upload for you at an extra cost but doesn’t say how much this is. Does anyone know.

thank you all for your help

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm

Thanks for that. Hopefully we’ll be able to book in soon. Think it’s an 8 week turnaround for the whole application but from what I’ve read there are massive delays due to COVID.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi all,

I’m trying to book in the appointment with UKVAS. I’ve gone through to book and there’s different prices depending on time of your appointment so 9am and 9.30am and 5pm and 5.30pm are £135 and throughout the day they are £69.99. There’s no information that I can see that says why there are different prices I just didn’t want to pick the wrong slot (a cheaper slot) and that doesn’t cover us.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Nikki

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Peak hour slots are always more expensive.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 pm
There’s no information that I can see that says why there are different prices I just didn’t want to pick the wrong slot (a cheaper slot) and that doesn’t cover us.
And there is no right or wrong slot or ones that won't cover you.

Just pick what's convenient and affordable for you.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks for that. My husband has just notice the second letter in his first name has been capitalised in his application. It’s the correct spelling is this going to be an issue?

I don’t recall it being upper case and we both proof read before submitting. Th spelling is correct it’s juts a capital “i” instead of lower case. He’s got his appointment at UKVAS on 20th November for his biometrics and upload of docs. We’re in the middle of uploading his docs so it’s down in advance.

I am panicking this is going to be a major issue can someone advise please? We were so careful aswell 😞

The helpline is closed until Monday.

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:47 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:41 pm
Thanks for that. My husband has just notice the second letter in his first name has been capitalised in his application. It’s the correct spelling is this going to be an issue?

I don’t recall it being upper case and we both proof read before submitting. Th spelling is correct it’s juts a capital “i” instead of lower case. He’s got his appointment at UKVAS on 20th November for his biometrics and upload of docs. We’re in the middle of uploading his docs so it’s down in advance.

I am panicking this is going to be a major issue can someone advise please? We were so careful aswell 😞

Thanks

Nikki
In theory, writing in capital letter is considered as rude and shouting. So, why can't you prepare another one with correct standards of English grammar because of still being allowed to do so.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi,

To submit another application I believe you have to pay again for the application and health surcharge. Let’s say his names bill the name appears as BIll. I’m sure we entered correct and there’s a problem with their system. I’ll ring the helpline to see what they say on Monday just seeing if anyone had any advice.

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:09 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:53 pm
Hi,

To submit another application I believe you have to pay again for the application and health surcharge. Let’s say his names bill the name appears as BIll. I’m sure we entered correct and there’s a problem with their system. I’ll ring the helpline to see what they say on Monday just seeing if anyone had any advice.

Thanks

Nikki
If you had followed what it had instructed in the application or the application automatically converted into it then you don't need to do anything.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:14 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks

Nikki
Since you are still uploading or yet to upload docs, you may want to include this important point in a cover letter and advising HO/CW of how the name is usually.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Thank you so you think we should ring or just point it out on a letter to the HO in th uploads. I’m sure there system did this as I think we would have noticed this. The application download also has it capitalised. The name is correct it’s just capitalised the i in his name. The information was automatically loaded to his UKVAS account so it appears the same there.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:44 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:26 pm
Thank you so you think we should ring or just point it out on a letter to the HO in th uploads. I’m sure there system did this as I think we would have noticed this. The application download also has it capitalised. The name is correct it’s just capitalised the i in his name. The information was automatically loaded to his UKVAS account so it appears the same there.
Don't do anything as you seems to have done it correctly.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Ok so we shouldn’t put a covering letter in the uploads explaining we have spotted it but we entered correctly. I can see when I download the application form for our copy the url header it has the i lower case correctly must be an issue their side. Just didn’t want UKVAS to say anything when he goes for his appointment.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:16 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 pm
Ok so we shouldn’t put a covering letter in the uploads explaining we have spotted it but we entered correctly. I can see when I download the application form for our copy the url header it has the i lower case correctly must be an issue their side. Just didn’t want UKVAS to say anything when he goes for his appointment.
If you strongly feel it does matter, then point it out. My example on application years ago filled name in correctly e.g. Amazonian as on passport and every other document, when decision came name was Amazon Ian, mailed and pointed it out as error. Do you know how many times IO has commented on this thT name on visa and passport not same?
Till date any correspondence of mine from HO comes as Amazon Ian, maybe to get on my nerves or an auto function on their system. I now permanently carry a copy of the correspondence highlighting the error n UKBAs reply whenever I travel to free me from delays at PoE.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:18 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 pm
. Just didn’t want UKVAS to say anything when he goes for his appointment.
Other than your identity check by glancing through of passport they wouldn't say you anything.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:36 pm

Ok thank you both.

Hopefully a non issue.

Best regards

Nikki

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:14 am

Hi,

I thought we only had two submit six months of payslips and corrrsponding bank statements. However have just noted this:

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application -

Does this mean we need to supply 12 months of payslips but only the last 6 months bank statements?

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:02 am

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:14 am
Hi,

I thought we only had two submit six months of payslips and corrrsponding bank statements. However have just noted this:

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application -

Does this mean we need to supply 12 months of payslips but only the last 6 months bank statements?

Thanks

Nikki
Usually that is prompted when you choose option other than the first one which mistakenly assume you under category B. For this purpose the option #1 simply can be chosen and supply 6 months worth of documents along with a covering letter.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 pm

sorry and what is category b you don’t meet financial requirement? As we definitely selected we meet the financial requirement by employment and savings.

Thanks

Nikki

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:33 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 pm
sorry and what is category b you don’t meet financial requirement? As we definitely selected we meet the financial requirement by employment and savings.

Thanks

Nikki
Category B doesn't not mean you don't meet financial requirement,
Refers to when the sponsor is not in salaried or non salaried income or your income varies from payday to payday/ month n not for up to 6months at time of application.
There fore income for the past 12 months is calculated and the gross income from employment at time of application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:51 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Thanks

Nikki
Just selected option #1 out of 4 and supply 6 months of payslips under category A assuming you are working with same employer from 6 months. Category B were the case when was not be the aforesaid case.

BladeS8

Post by BladeS8 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:45 pm

Thanks Amazonian and Seagul,

That’s makes sense as husband monthly pay varies by £100-£300 each month as he’s on a four hour contract but does roughly the same hours each month. Does that mean supply 12 months? It’s fine just wasn’t sure why it said six months then later ok asked for 12 months.

Thanks

Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:20 pm

BladeS8 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:45 pm
Thanks Amazonian and Seagul,

That’s makes sense as husband monthly pay varies by £100-£300 each month as he’s on a four hour contract but does roughly the same hours each month. Does that mean supply 12 months? It’s fine just wasn’t sure why it said six months then later ok asked for 12 months.

Thanks

Nikki
The relevant guidance is still unchanged despite the application form is capricious due to covering wider range of scenarios. Therefore, only stick to what guidance says, as per which category A only needs 6 months worth of documents unless someone voluntarily chooses to supply these of 12 months.