ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal in UK- Is PPF Manditory

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tarunc
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian passport renewal in UK- Is PPF Manditory

Post by tarunc » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 am

Hi shalinia,

1) For those who applied for reissue of passport and submitted PPF, May I know if the police check is made again in India at your printable house address?

No, I did not get any update from police regarding address verification at Indian address printed on Passport.

2) My Indian address from previous passport(no one lives in the previous address) is changed, so should I enter new address in the printable address column or fill in the same address as in previous passport?

You should enter the address for which you have some official document to show as a proof which means this is the address where you officially live in India whenever you visit. If no one lives in the previous address, then your local references at that address can vouch for you. Or, if you have the address proof of new place and someone can vouch for you at new address, then you can fill up your new Indian address to be printed on Passport.

3)I already filled the application and submitted for printing and entered the same India address in the Other column as well. Can I fill an other application with the UK address. (I mean can I fill two applications as the first one is wrong)?

Yes, you can fill more than one application, if first one is wrong. Each application is generated with a unique application reference number(bar code at top right corner in the application form and also appears as "Application Reference Number" in the form). Only one application will be processed by vfs and that will be the one which you mention with its unique application reference number for vfs appointment. In my case, I filled up 3 applications and I took vfs appointment by using my last application reference number.

Hope this helps!

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:39 am

It's also best to get all your address proof (Aadhaar, Indian drivers licence, election card, and inform NDSL for PAN card) updated to your new one. That way you have less hassles in the future.

shalinia
Newly Registered
India

Post by shalinia » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Tarunc,

Thank you for the replies, Much appreciated!

Also can you tell me if you have mentioned the Police station in the PPF form. Thanks.

Regards,
tarunc wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 am
Hi shalinia,

1) For those who applied for reissue of passport and submitted PPF, May I know if the police check is made again in India at your printable house address?

No, I did not get any update from police regarding address verification at Indian address printed on Passport.

2) My Indian address from previous passport(no one lives in the previous address) is changed, so should I enter new address in the printable address column or fill in the same address as in previous passport?

You should enter the address for which you have some official document to show as a proof which means this is the address where you officially live in India whenever you visit. If no one lives in the previous address, then your local references at that address can vouch for you. Or, if you have the address proof of new place and someone can vouch for you at new address, then you can fill up your new Indian address to be printed on Passport.

3)I already filled the application and submitted for printing and entered the same India address in the Other column as well. Can I fill an other application with the UK address. (I mean can I fill two applications as the first one is wrong)?

Yes, you can fill more than one application, if first one is wrong. Each application is generated with a unique application reference number(bar code at top right corner in the application form and also appears as "Application Reference Number" in the form). Only one application will be processed by vfs and that will be the one which you mention with its unique application reference number for vfs appointment. In my case, I filled up 3 applications and I took vfs appointment by using my last application reference number.

Hope this helps!

tarunc
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarunc » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:57 am

Yes, I have mentioned the police station as well in the PPF form. These can be easily found in Google.
shalinia wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 am
Hi Tarunc,

Thank you for the replies, Much appreciated!

Also can you tell me if you have mentioned the Police station in the PPF form. Thanks.

Regards,
tarunc wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 am
Hi shalinia,

Hope this helps!

some_guy
Newly Registered

Post by some_guy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi

I want to share my experience in renewing Indian passport during your stay in UK. Here are steps I followed for VFS center in London-Goswell

Documents submitted on 17th Sept-2020
1. Original filled-in Online application form
2. Original VFS Appointment Letter
3. One copy of Filled in Annexure-E (download from VFS website - give UK address "residing at" in the form)
4. One copy of filled in Declaration form (download from VFS website)

5. One copies of the Police Verification form
PPF Form contains
India as permanent address; UK address as present address; Two India references - Details (It was checked at the door itself. I earlier tried to give UK references but was asked to refill the form with Indian references)

6. Printout of UK Electricity Bills to show UK address proof. - It is mention on the website but the VFS guy on the counter said its not required if not changing to UK address. I was bit surprised TBH

7. Your Original BRP Card + 1 copy of the same (Mandatory - they consider this as Valid Visa)

8. Your current passport + 1 copy of Front Page (where your name and dob etc are printed) and
last page (where your address is printed)
9. your 4 Passport size recent photographs. Look at the VFS website for photo specification. (Just FYi, this is the total amount of pics. One is pasted on the Application Form, One on the PPF and 2 are finally just attahed to your application bundle by VFS Team)

10. Self addressed Royal Mail Envelop Silver.

11. Debit card for Fees payment

I had filled my form for Normal process but by the time I got appointment I had a situation where in I need to get the passport in Tatkal. VFS personal told me it can be on the counter only. I was asked to fill in a form to justify my emergency and he converted my application to tatkal.

I am now awaiting my passport and will update on the timeline later.

Many thanks to people who have posted in the forums about their experiances as it was an invaluable help

ProinUK67
Newly Registered
India

Post by ProinUK67 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi Everyone

I applied for passport reissue at CHI birhimgham on 12th Oct . My printable address is exactly as same as my last passport . Today I got an email that police verification has been initiated. Please suggest who will do the police verification on my behalf. I have mentioned the names of my parents as refrencee are they need to visit the police station for verification ?

Can anyone has the similar case?

Regards

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:28 am

Noobatuk wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:25 pm
Hi Everyone

I applied for passport reissue at CHI birhimgham on 12th Oct . My printable address is exactly as same as my last passport . Today I got an email that police verification has been initiated. Please suggest who will do the police verification on my behalf. I have mentioned the names of my parents as refrencee are they need to visit the police station for verification ?

Can anyone has the similar case?

Regards
The police usually risk assess. If the person does not show up on their databases and is abroad, they generally do not do a house check. House checks are usually done for initial applicants and applicants for suspect backgrounds. With COVID, they might just give your parents a call if you come under a particular risk category. The more information you put in for any police clearance (Aadhaar, PAN, Voters ID), the lower your risk profile.

ProinUK67
Newly Registered
India

Post by ProinUK67 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:38 am

Thank you for your reply . Police verification completed . But still status is showing passport application under review.

kpkumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by kpkumar » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:27 pm

Noobatuk wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:38 am
Thank you for your reply . Police verification completed . But still status is showing passport application under review.
Noobatuk ,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

How did police verification went ?

Has anyone from police department visited your address to complete Police Verification?

vj_tier2_migrant
Newly Registered

Post by vj_tier2_migrant » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:29 am

Hi Noobatuk,

I applied for the re-issue of my Indian passport at Goswell Road in London on the 26th of Oct. Today I received an email from passport.admin that my police verification has been initiated and asked me to get in touch with the police station in India. My address is the same as in my old passport. Did you or someone on your behalf contact the police station in India? Or did they actually verify your address again? Please let me know.

many thanks
Vijay

meghalai
Newly Registered
India

Post by meghalai » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi ,
I applied for the re-issue of my Indian passport at Goswell Road in London. My address is the same as in my old passport. Did you or someone on your behalf contact the police station in India? Or did they actually verify your address again? Please let me know.

2. Also how much time it took to receive the passport. As they mention 4 to 5 weeks will that take that much time ?

Awaiting for your reply. Thank you.

ProinUK67
Newly Registered
India

Post by ProinUK67 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi All

I got my renewed passport today !

Please note now police verification is manadatory before issuance of passport in case of reissue/renew.

I suggest if you got the email that police verification is initiated please ask your referencee to visit the police station with your passport copy , phograph and adhar copy to complete the police verification .

Once police verification is completed . The concerned police department after their internal checks they will upload the report . Police will take around 1 week to upload the report or depends on them how fast they complete their internal checks.

I applied on 12th oct and received the passport today .

meghalai
Newly Registered
India

Post by meghalai » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:26 am

Hi ,

I got the police verification initiated email 1 week before.
When checked in police station they mentioned it didn't received in police station. May I know when they will receive it ? Is that take time ?