ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

Stamp 1G

Post by ch123 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a recent graduate on Stamp 2, which has been extended by the Department until Jan 2020. However, in the mean time, I have also submitted an application for Stamp 1G online to the email address stated on the INIS website. I have two questions that I’m hoping people here could help me with:

1. Is the Department still accepting stamp 1G applications via email or do I have to send it in the post as well? I have not received any acknowledgment from the Department confirming receipt of my application via email.

2. What is the current processing time for Stamp 1G?

Thank you.

TryllZ

Re: Stamp 1G

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:28 am

ch123 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a recent graduate on Stamp 2, which has been extended by the Department until Jan 2020. However, in the mean time, I have also submitted an application for Stamp 1G online to the email address stated on the INIS website. I have two questions that I’m hoping people here could help me with:

1. Is the Department still accepting stamp 1G applications via email or do I have to send it in the post as well? I have not received any acknowledgment from the Department confirming receipt of my application via email.

2. What is the current processing time for Stamp 1G?

Thank you.
1. You submit an online application, scan and upload required documents documents (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Online-R ... ide[1].pdf), pay, and then send clear copies of uploaded documents via post as well (You will receive an email with instructions on HOW and WHERE to send these documents)

2. Roughly 6 weeks, I'm receiving mine today, I received processing completion email on 9th Sep.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:56 am

TryllZ wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:28 am
1. You submit an online application, scan and upload required documents documents (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Online-R ... ide[1].pdf), pay, and then send clear copies of uploaded documents via post as well (You will receive an email with instructions on HOW and WHERE to send these documents)

2. Roughly 6 weeks, I'm receiving mine today, I received processing completion email on 9th Sep.
Sorry its more than 8 weeks, but not for everyone, if you go through the ireland/online-irp-card-renewals-for-ev ... 03079.html forum you'll see some received everything earlier together, some received passports 1st, some received IRP first, some have been delayed a lot.

Basically no fixed time frame.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:01 am

Thank you for your reply. I see this is for the students residing in Co. Dublin. However, I am a non-Dublin resident. I referred to the announcement made by the Department on their website, that states:

“ Rather than attending in person, as a temporary measure applications may be submitted electronically to the Registration Office, Burgh Quay, Dublin (bqregofficeapplications@justice.ie). All required documentation should be scanned and included in the application.
Where a permission has been granted, applicants will still be required to register once the Registration Office and local Registration Offices reopen and, where applicable, the applicant has returned to Ireland.”

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/student%20pathway

I applied for Stamp 1G via email.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:23 am

ch123 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:01 am
Thank you for your reply. I see this is for the students residing in Co. Dublin. However, I am a non-Dublin resident. I referred to the announcement made by the Department on their website, that states:

“ Rather than attending in person, as a temporary measure applications may be submitted electronically to the Registration Office, Burgh Quay, Dublin (bqregofficeapplications@justice.ie). All required documentation should be scanned and included in the application.
Where a permission has been granted, applicants will still be required to register once the Registration Office and local Registration Offices reopen and, where applicable, the applicant has returned to Ireland.”

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/student%20pathway

I applied for Stamp 1G via email.
If you reside outside of Dublin the bqregofficeapplications@justice.ie email is NOT applicable to you. In my case I had to attend the local Garda (Pre-Covid). You need to go through Notice 6 of 18th September (attachment) where they have stated the following

"Registrations outside of the Dublin area are processed by the Garda National Immigration Bureau through the Garda Station network. Information on the contact details for all the registration offices outside Dublin is available at: https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-de ... fices.html"

So you need to find email of your local Garda station and clarify the procedure as I could not find how its during Covid.

In my case (pre-covid), an appointment had to be sought via phone call at the local Garda, with the following documents for Stamp 1G.

- Passport
- Existing IRP
- Original Private Medical Insurance
- Original Residence Letter (a signed letter from your home owner that he has rented a room to you, depends on how it is in your situation)
- Original Letter Of Course Completion (obtained from your College/University)
- Original Course Marks Transcript
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (79.26 KiB) Viewed 645 times