ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:02 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:14 pm
Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 am
thanks AmazonianX!

1. i submitted the documentation yesterday and our appointment is on 7th november. when they say it'll take them 6-8 weeks to make a decision, that'll start from 7th november right? Taken to mean start from date of biometrics submission though suspect some activity already ongoing at normal times.

2. will it effect her application in any way if she and i travel outside the UK during those 6-8 weeks? Yes, it will be taken that you withdraw you present application with HO. So do not travel.

3. on the app, it asks for this "Optionally, I will provide the following documents: Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK"
what can i include to satisfy this part? Details about your ties or settled and integrated life in the UK. Child or children, work or business. i have already submitted my job contract, letter from employer, my daughter's birth certificate, mortgage offer, utility bills, council tax. is that sufficient to to satisfy this part? i'm unsure what else would address my ties to a settled life in the UK.
in the app, they asked "Please give details of any previous addresses (including country if outside the UK), how long you lived there and whether you lived at this address with your partner". here i said that we lived with my parents from end of feb till end of march 2018. as this was well over 2 years ago, do i need to include a letter from my parents? (i've asked this before but just confirming by asking again-sorry).
If it is no problem to get such letter from your parents then do so. Best case it us important and CW sees it and are happy, worse case scenario it is not important and CW puts its aside.
Worst case scenario it is important, you didn't include it, HO or case worker delays progress of your application and request you to send something to corroborate your claim.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:58 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:49 pm
Ht1 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 am
thanks AmazonianX!

1. i submitted the documentation yesterday and our appointment is on 7th november. when they say it'll take them 6-8 weeks to make a decision, that'll start from 7th november right? Taken to mean start from date of biometrics submission though suspect some activity already ongoing at normal times.

2. will it effect her application in any way if she and i travel outside the UK during those 6-8 weeks? Yes, it will be taken that you withdraw you present application with HO. So do not travel.

3. on the app, it asks for this "Optionally, I will provide the following documents: Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK"
what can i include to satisfy this part? Details about your ties or settled and integrated life in the UK. Child or children, work or business. i have already submitted my job contract, letter from employer, my daughter's birth certificate, mortgage offer, utility bills, council tax. is that sufficient to to satisfy this part? i'm unsure what else would address my ties to a settled life in the UK.
in the app, they asked "Please give details of any previous addresses (including country if outside the UK), how long you lived there and whether you lived at this address with your partner". here i said that we lived with my parents from end of feb till end of march 2018. as this was well over 2 years ago, do i need to include a letter from my parents? (i've asked this before but just confirming by asking again-sorry).
If it is no problem to get such letter from your parents then do so. Best case it us important and CW sees it and are happy, worse case scenario it is not important and CW puts its aside.
Worst case scenario it is important, you didn't include it, HO or case worker delays progress of your application and request you to send something to corroborate your claim.
fair enough. i'll add it. apart from my parents' names and d.o.b's, what else should i include about them? their passport numbers?

in your second to last response, you mentioned i should include "Details about your ties or settled and integrated life in the UK. Child or children, work or business." i have already submitted my job contract, letter from employer, my daughter's birth certificate, mortgage offer, utility bills, council tax. is that sufficient to satisfy this part? i'm unsure what else would convince the CW of my ties to a settled life in the UK.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:58 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:49 pm
Ht1 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
fair enough. i'll add it. apart from my parents' names and d.o.b's, what else should i include about them? their passport numbers?

in your second to last response, you mentioned i should include "Details about your ties or settled and integrated life in the UK. Child or children, work or business." i have already submitted my job contract, letter from employer, my daughter's birth certificate, mortgage offer, utility bills, council tax. is that sufficient to satisfy this part? i'm unsure what else would convince the CW of my ties to a settled life in the UK.
In the additional notes section or or if you are writing cover letter mention the above highlighted documents which you had already uploaded shows reason why

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 am

thanks AmazonianX.

apart from my parents stating their names, address and that we stayed with them for 1 month, what else should they include on their letter?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 am

Ht1 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 am
thanks AmazonianX.

apart from my parents stating their names, address and that we stayed with them for 1 month, what else should they include on their letter?
Normally would say that's enough but with me not understanding why they are specifically asking younfor this, back it up with Form of ID, and documents showing they own the property.
Note: the above remains solely personal opinion and trying to plug any avenue wherein application progress gets delayed n they requesting for additional docs.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm

thanks very much AmazonianX.

I submitted the majority of the documents a few days ago and so it says 'submitted' in front of each of those. however, i am uploading some more documents between now and the appointment and it has said 'remove file' in front of each of those for the past couple of days. i don't see a submit button anymore (it was there when i submitted the first set of documents). is this a bug or will documents submit themselves in time?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm
i don't see a submit button anymore (it was there when i submitted the first set of documents). is this a bug or will documents submit themselves in time?
Until near past that button can only be pressed once for which onus was on the applicant to make sure to have uploaded all documents before pressing. Better to take all original documents to apointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:41 pm
Ht1 wrote:
i don't see a submit button anymore (it was there when i submitted the first set of documents). is this a bug or will documents submit themselves in time?
Until near past that button can only be pressed once for which onus was on the applicant to make sure to have uploaded all documents before pressing. Better to take all original documents to appointment.
hey seagul. thanks for your response. can you tell me what you mean by "Until near past that button"?

I think the mistake i've made is clicking submit thinking that option will be there afterwards as well up until the appointment. would you know if there's a way i can contact the HO about this?

i can of course take the original documents with me but if there's a way to do this online that would be great.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm

hey seagul. thanks for your response. can you tell me what you mean by "Until near past that button"?

I mean that at very beginning, the members were not aware about it but later it was revealed through others experience that this button is pressed only once. Now the best remedy would be to take the remaining documents to appointment. Also, sadly there is no way to reach to caseworker unless he/she himself contact you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Ht1 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Ht1 wrote:
Until near past that button can only be pressed once for which onus was on the applicant to make sure to have uploaded all documents before pressing. Better to take all original documents to appointment.

I think the mistake i've made is clicking submit thinking that option will be there afterwards as well up until the appointment. would you know if there's a way i can contact the HO about this?

i can of course take the original documents with me but if there's a way to do this online that would be great.
No way to remedy it, take documents to appointment and be prepared to pay for the service.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:15 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:53 pm
Ht1 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Ht1 wrote:

No way to remedy it, take documents to appointment and be prepared to pay for the service.
hi seagul and AmazonianX,

it appears that i'll have to buy the document scanning service so I can have the additional documents included. hitting submit a few days ago was a silly mistake on my part but an honest one. i spoke to UKVCAS and they said it really should be clearer on their website.

so apart from the additional docs that we'll take with us (latest payslip, bank statement etc.), the mandatory documents on her app are:
1. my wife's BRP and passport
2. my passport (as evidence of my immigration status in the UK).
3. "Declaration signed by spouse or civil partner. Your spouse or civil partner should download, sign and return the following declaration: Your partner's relationship declaration for married partners and civil partners." These were 3 family consent forms and 1 declaration form that we had to sign.

are we meant to take all these mandatory documents with us to the appointment or just 1 and 2?
no need to take all the supporting docs is there? (there's more than 70 documents that I uploaded)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:15 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:53 pm
Ht1 wrote:
seagul wrote:

it appears that i'll have to buy the document scanning service so I can have the additional documents included. hitting submit a few days ago was a silly mistake on my part but an honest one. i spoke to UKVCAS and they said it really should be clearer on their website.

so apart from the additional docs that we'll take with us (latest payslip, bank statement etc.), the mandatory documents on her app are:
1. my wife's BRP and passport
2. my passport (as evidence of my immigration status in the UK).
3. "Declaration signed by spouse or civil partner. Your spouse or civil partner should download, sign and return the following declaration: Your partner's relationship declaration for married partners and civil partners." These were 3 family consent forms and 1 declaration form that we had to sign.

are we meant to take all these mandatory documents with us to the appointment or just 1 and 2?
no need to take all the supporting docs is there? (there's more than 70 documents that I uploaded)
If possible, take all so that should there be a missing or illegible documents among those you uploaded, you have the last opportunity to rectify such.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:46 am

hi AmazonianX,

i'll take all the docs then to be on the safe side. do they tell you which docs don't look legible as standard while at the appointment or do I have to buy the document checking service for this?

i'm already buying the document scanning service because i hit submit early so keen to know if i need to buy this other service too.

thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:50 am

Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:46 am
hi AmazonianX,

i'll take all the docs then to be on the safe side. do they tell you which docs don't look legible as standard while at the appointment or do I have to buy the document checking service for this?

i'm already buying the document scanning service because i hit submit early so keen to know if i need to buy this other service too.

thanks.
You are buying the service which you have more ore less done the grunt work of, therefore you ask them for review of all docs you have already uploaded and they are obliged to assist with this.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:46 am
hi AmazonianX,

thanks.
Aside this, keep a constant eye over your email including your spam folder as HO might directly request the deficient papers even before your appointment.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:22 pm

thank you seagul and AmazonianX.

i have already submitted a cover letter but i feel it would be helpful for me to clarify a few things included within the documentation I'll be submitting at the appointment. given that i've already submitted a cover letter, can i write another one and start it off by saying please ignore the first one and giving it a name such as "final cover letter"?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:22 pm
thank you seagul and AmazonianX.

i have already submitted a cover letter but i feel it would be helpful for me to clarify a few things included within the documentation I'll be submitting at the appointment. given that i've already submitted a cover letter, can i write another one and start it off by saying please ignore the first one and giving it a name such as "final cover letter"?
Yes if you wishes so

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:25 am

my wife received an email yesterday from the Home Office stating that her application for further leave to remain has been approved. i wanted to come back here to thank you both for your help :)

a happy new year to you and all the best for 2021!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:25 am

my wife received an email yesterday from the Home Office stating that her application for further leave to remain has been approved. i wanted to come back here to thank you both for your help :)

a happy new year to you and all the best for 2021!
Thanks for giving feedback. Congratulations to you and wife. If not already done please do update timeline thread.

Ht1

Post by Ht1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:05 pm

i'm trying to find the timeline thread but i can't. please attach the link here.

thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:19 pm

Towards the top of the sub forum page!!

immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... l#p1977803
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.