ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Pre settled ID verification

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqasars

Uk Pre Settled Status

Post by waqasars » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:15 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what are the required documents to apply pre settled status?

Can we use a temporary address? I dont have any electricity bill or NI number.

Plan is to come in uk and apply for pre settled status on friend address. I will arrange following docs.

1. Passport
2. Marriage certificate
3.EU spouse residence card from Germany
4.Entery stamp
5.boarding passes

Anything we need for proof of address?

Regards,
Waqas

ryuzaki

Re: Uk Pre Settled Status

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Is your spouse an EU citizen? If so then you can apply via the app.

My wife was not an EU citizen and we had to make a paper application, but like you as we had recently returned we did not have utility bills and the like but were able to apply anyway.

waqasars

EU Pre settled ID verification

Post by waqasars » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:48 am

I have pakistani passport and German biomatric residence card. I am applying for EU pre settled status. I have a question regarding id verification.

1. Can i verify my id online using german residence card?

2. If not is there any other way to verify the ID? I dont want to send my passport or residence card via post because i have to travel to Germany for work.

Regards,
Arshad

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:04 am

waqasars wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:15 am
Can we use a temporary address? I dont have any electricity bill or NI number.

Plan is to come in uk and apply for pre settled status on friend address.
The EU Settlement Scheme is not a route for future immigration plans, but a way to validate a period of residence that has already started.

Therefore, it is NOT supposed to be used by EU nationals who are casually visiting the UK and applying just in case they want to move into the UK in the future.

As such, it is expected that applicants have evidence of steps taken for that effect: at least a bank account and a NINO number; and preferably utility bills and a permanent address. None of it is compulsory, but will make for a credible application.

If your intentions are genuinely to move to the UK, your best bet is to come and apply when you have arranged this minimum living evidence, not simply while coming for a week and staying at a friend's or at a hotel.

See this post, where we all discuss and conclude the importance of showing you genuinely moved into the UK, and are not simply profiting from the window of opportunity.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

waqasars

Re: EU Pre settled ID verification

Post by waqasars » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm

I understand. Thanks for reply. I am planning to settle there. My next question is following.

I have pakistani passport and German biomatric residence card. I am applying for EU pre settled status. I have a question regarding id verification.

1. Can i verify my id online using german residence card?

2. If not is there any other way to verify the ID? I dont want to send my passport or residence card via post because i have to travel to Germany for work.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:48 pm

waqasars wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm
I have pakistani passport and German biomatric residence card.
Oh, you mean you are not the family member of a EU citizen, or EU citizen yourself?
Who is eligible:
Who should apply
Except in a few cases, you need to apply if:
  • you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but your family member is (or is an eligible person of Northern Ireland)
Are you ere either of the above?

The EU settlement scheme is NOT a scheme to transfer residence from one EU country to another!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:11 pm

waqasars wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Who is your EU national sponsor?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:07 pm

waqasars wrote:
OK... I just read this.

I take you and your spouse are both moving to the UK? If so, you can apply once you are both established in the UK, and once your spouse has applied first.

Your spouse can apply with the app, but you will have to apply by post, there is no way around it (you do not have a UK-issued card, and you do not have a EU/EEA/Swiss passport). German-issued cards are not acceptable.

See clear list of ways to verify your identity here:
Scan your document
You can use the ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ app on:

an Android phone
an idiot-phone 7 or above
To scan your documents using a phone, you’ll need one of the following:

a valid EU, EEA or Swiss passport or ID card, if it’s biometric
***a UK-issued biometric residence card
You can use someone else’s phone to prove your identity.

Send your document by post
You must send your document by post if you have a:

***non-EU or EEA passport
biometric residence permit
non-biometric ID card
You can send other types of document in the post if you cannot use the ‘ID Document Check’ app.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Ok i got it. Thanks

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:43 pm

waqasars wrote:

Is your spouse a German national?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:36 pm

She is Netherland National.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:51 am

Update!!

Passport will be verified during biomatric appointment so there will be no need of post.

symphonyinyellow
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by symphonyinyellow » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 am

waqasars wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:51 am
Update!!

Passport will be verified during biomatric appointment so there will be no need of post.
Hello,
Thank you for the information. We are in the same situation. I wouldn't like to send my passport by post as well, where did you find this information? Did you provide proof of address? If you could share more information I would appreciate.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Some people got the pre settled status and they used oy boarding pass & boarding pass. My friend did not send his passport as they verified it during biomatric appointment. As per law only one proof is enough. We can also mention hotel address but better to attach more documents as proof.

I am applying on Monday and let you know further.

Regards,
Waqas

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:34 pm

symphonyinyellow wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 am
waqasars wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:51 am
Update!!

Hello,
Thank you for the information. We are in the same situation. I wouldn't like to send my passport by post as well, where did you find this information? Did you provide proof of address? If you could share more information I would appreciate.
Hello, with regards to proof of address, you only need 1 day or to 6 months of proof address, which can easily be arranged. This information will be very useful for those who just arrived to UK via EUSS family permit.

They need any bill/invoice cover 1 day as proof of address. i.e. when you book bio-matric appointment through sopra, they send you bill/invoice into your email and that have your address written and can be used as your proof of address PLUS your UK arrival stamp on your EUSS Permit VISA; and your flight ticket and 'online passenger health declaration form also stated where will you stay in uk is itself proof of address' if your biomatric appointment is more than 2 weeks away, then you can even arrange GP registration appointment and get NHS card in the meanwhile as proof of another address.