ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mallu_Desi

Re: Spouse visa Application

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks AmazonianX.

On the application there is a question about planned arrival to UK.

I have answered it as January 10. Is it realistic date?

I am planning to submit the application today/ tomorrow. Hopefully, she can do biometric by end of the month ans I am giving around two momths. Considering, current situation is it too short period?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:11 pm

When to apply
The earliest you can apply is usually 3 months before your:

planned travel date for visit visas
course start date for study visas
employment start date for most work visas
Get an estimate of how long it’ll take to process your application.

Settlement applications take up to 6 months and must be approved before you come to the UK. If you’re given permission to settle in the UK, you must travel before your permission ends.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the ... pplication
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:17 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:11 pm
When to apply

Settlement applications take up to 6 months and must be approved before you come to the UK. If you’re given permission to settle in the UK, you must travel before your permission ends.
Thanks Seagul.

Ideally I prefer her to arrive in UK as early as possible. Would you recommend to give earlier date than January 10 on the application form?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:17 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:11 pm
When to apply

Thanks Seagul.

Ideally I prefer her to arrive in UK as early as possible. Would you recommend to give earlier date than January 10 on the application form?
Providing any earlier date wont accelerate the visa process.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks Seagull. I guess, I just need to give a date after the submission date.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:24 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:30 pm
Which ever date you give after submission of course, does not mean there will be quick action or delay in the processing. Should the result come before your intended date of travel for wife, you can make her flight earlier. Good luck.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:14 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:24 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:30 pm
Which ever date you give after submission of course, does not mean there will be quick action or delay in the processing. Should the result come before your intended date of travel for wife, you can make her flight earlier. Good luck.
Thanks alot AmazonianX

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Dear all,

I am in the process of submitting supporting documents.

Can anyone please advise me how should I submit whatsapp chat logs? Do I have to submit everyday's chat logs? There are around 250 screenshots of chat log. :roll:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 pm
Dear all,

Can anyone please advise me how should I submit whatsapp chat logs? Do I have to submit everyday's chat logs? There are around 250 screenshots of chat log. :roll:
You do not have to submit all. You can show a dated couple of shots per week/month spread over the duration of the relationship.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:31 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:58 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 pm
Dear all,

You do not have to submit all. You can show a dated couple of shots per week/month spread over the duration of the relationship.
That's a massive relief. Thank you AmazonianX

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi all,

Do I have to provide video link of the wedding? I have a highlights video under 10 min on YouTube. So, I can just copy the link into a word file and convert it into the PDF.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi all,

Do I have to provide video link of the wedding? I have a highlights video under 10 min on YouTube. So, I can just copy the link into a word file and convert it into the PDF.
No video evidence is considered rather the photographs only.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you Seagul.

I submitted the application on 10 October and got the date for biometrics on 28 October.

I will be getting new bank statement/ payslips by this time. Do I have to include this when I submit the evidence on VFS website?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:37 pm
seagul wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you Seagul.

I submitted the application on 10 October and got the date for biometrics on 28 October.

I will be getting new bank statement/ payslips by this time. Do I have to include this when I submit the evidence on VFS website?
No because only the documents dated until 10th October will be mattered.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:50 pm
Thank you sir

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Dear Immigration gurus,

I am in the process of writing the covering letters for the Spouse visa appication.

1. Do I have to write two covering letters (one from applicant's/ my wife's prospective and another from my prospective). I focused mainly about subsisting marriage, accommodation and employment in my covering letter as sponsor. Do I have to include same information in applicant's cover letter as I want to avoid the repetition.

2. Do I have to include a separate list of supporting documents?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 pm
Dear Immigration gurus,

I am in the process of writing the covering letters for the Spouse visa appication.

1. Do I have to write two covering letters (one from applicant's/ my wife's prospective and another from my prospective). I focused mainly about subsisting marriage, accommodation and employment in my covering letter as sponsor. Do I have to include same information in applicant's cover letter as I want to avoid the repetition. No, usually one should be enough covering all relevant areas

2. Do I have to include a separate list of supporting documents? No, you can just highlight same on your cover letter.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:21 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:11 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Dear Immigration gurus,

1. Do I have to write two covering letters (one from applicant's/ my wife's prospective and another from my prospective). I focused mainly about subsisting marriage, accommodation and employment in my covering letter as sponsor. Do I have to include same information in applicant's cover letter as I want to avoid the repetition. No, usually one should be enough covering all relevant areas

2. Do I have to include a separate list of supporting documents? No, you can just highlight same on your cover letter.
Thank you AmazonianX

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:13 pm

seagul wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:
seagul wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you Seagul.

I submitted my application on 19 September and submitted docs, biometrics done. But I’ve just notified my 6 month bank statement is dated 25th September with transactions up to 21st September as I went in branch after submitting application. Bit silly of me. But I thought it would be good to show the IHS and Visa fee transaction on the statement - you think I should be worried?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:42 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:13 pm
seagul wrote:
Mallu_Desi wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thank you Seagul.

I submitted my application on 19 September and submitted docs, biometrics done. But I’ve just notified my 6 month bank statement is dated 25th September with transactions up to 21st September as I went in branch after submitting application. Bit silly of me. But I thought it would be good to show the IHS and Visa fee transaction on the statement - you think I should be worried?
Continue in your existing topic

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 am

Sorry amazonianX - what do you mean by my existing topic? Sorry not that clued on.

I’m just asking whether my bank statements stand as a valid document for consideration by ECO due to being dated post application date

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:32 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 am
Sorry amazonianX - what do you mean by my existing topic? Sorry not that clued on.

I’m just asking whether my bank statements stand as a valid document for consideration by ECO due to being dated post application date
Please post in your own topic instead of tagging your questions onto another members thread. It is consider unfair to other posters and creates confusion.

This whole topic belongs to one other user and is not a general discussion topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Dear Immigration gurus,

1. Do I have to write two covering letters (one from applicant's/ my wife's prospective and another from my prospective). I focused mainly about subsisting marriage, accommodation and employment in my covering letter as sponsor. Do I have to include same information in applicant's cover letter as I want to avoid the repetition.

Can anyone please advice me about what date should I put on as drafting date of the letter? Does it have to be the same date of the application day? Or before/ after the application date?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Dear Immigration gurus,

Can anyone please advice me about what date should I put on as drafting date of the letter? Does it have to be the same date of the application day? Or before/ after the application date?
Really doesn't matter but providing the date of application probably would be more appropriate.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Thanks Seagul