ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - T2 General - Covid 19 Vaccine from NHS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anub2016
Mood:

Re: ILR - T2 General - LIUK Test

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi,

What should be selected for the question Please enter a reason for taking the test when registering for the LIUK Account, if I am going to apply for ILR?

Many Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:02 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 pm
Hi,

What should be selected for the question Please enter a reason for taking the test when registering for the LIUK Account, if I am going to apply for ILR?

Many Thanks.
What are the options it gave you to select from?

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:06 pm

The options are - Settlement and Other.
The third option is for Citizenship.

I am confused if Settlement and ILR mean the same thing or should Other be ticked and then ILR mentioned in the Text box provided?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:06 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:59 pm
Hi,

Many Thanks.
Is it a dropdown? If so, select Settlement or ILR.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 pm

It is not a dropdown.

There are three radio buttons, so only one option could be selected - Citizenship, Settlement and Other.

Do Settlement and ILR mean the same thing in UKVI Immigration parlance?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:10 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 pm
It is not a dropdown.

There are three radio buttons, so only one option could be selected - Citizenship, Settlement and Other.

Do Settlement and ILR mean the same thing in UKVI Immigration parlance?
Yes, choose settlement.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 pm

Should it be Settlement or Other with ILR typed in the space provided?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:57 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 pm
Should it be Settlement or Other with ILR typed in the space provided?
It does not really matter. LIUK is the same.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anub2016
Mood:

ILR - T2 General - NARIC Certificates

Post by anub2016 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:38 am

Hi,

I am looking at applying for the NARIC Certificates for my ILR Application through the T2 General route.

It seems that NARIC have recently updated the Form on their Website to Register for an Account with them.

Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise on the following 'Mandatory' fields to be populated for registering an Account?

* Field of Interest
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering but I am sponsored to work with a Software firm as a Programmer (SOC 2136).
Which of the following options from the drop-down should I select?
'Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies' OR 'Information and Communication Technology'

* Purpose of Enquiry
Should this be 'Visa and Nationality'?

The Link to create an Account with NARIC is as follows - NARIC - Create an account

Many Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ILR - T2 General - NARIC Certificates

Post by poper » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:42 am

anub2016 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:38 am
Hi,

I am looking at applying for the NARIC Certificates for my ILR Application through the T2 General route.

It seems that NARIC have recently updated the Form on their Website to Register for an Account with them.

Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise on the following 'Mandatory' fields to be populated for registering an Account?

* Field of Interest
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering but I am sponsored to work with a Software firm as a Programmer (SOC 2136).
Which of the following options from the drop-down should I select?
'Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies' OR 'Information and Communication Technology'
Anything is fine

* Purpose of Enquiry
Should this be 'Visa and Nationality'?
Yes

The Link to create an Account with NARIC is as follows - NARIC - Create an account

Many Thanks.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:34 pm

Thanks poper.

Does "Field of Interest" have any relevance to the ILR Application?

Just to be sure, is it better to select the Field that closely aligns with the Sponsored job (Information and Communication Technology for SOC 2136) instead of the Degree / Qualification?

Many Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:22 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:34 pm
Does "Field of Interest" have any relevance to the ILR Application?
No
anub2016 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:34 pm
Just to be sure, is it better to select the Field that closely aligns with the Sponsored job (Information and Communication Technology for SOC 2136) instead of the Degree / Qualification?

Many Thanks.
Better to select the field which closely emulate with your qualification instead the SOC code, and the same won't make any difference over the outcome. Because, what would be mattered, that, is your attained qualification at least equivalent to UK bachelor where the B1 level English had maintained.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:24 pm

No significance. You are only creating a NARIC account and has no bearing on how NARIC process your documents.
You may reach out to NARIC helpline if needed
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi,

I am on T2 General visa and applying for ILR.

What should I select in the following dropdown when applying for the NARIC Certificate - 'Please select your Immigration Tier'

Should it be - Tier 2 or Family (including Spouse), ILR and Citizenship?

Many Thanks.

Immigration Tier.jpg
Immigration Tier.jpg (59.68 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:40 pm

These questions have no relevance with NARIC certification. You can choose any of the two you listed. This is more like internal data collection thing.

Also, please keep all your questions in this thread here rather making multiple posts. Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anub2016
Mood:

ILR - T2 General - SET (O) Application Form

Post by anub2016 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:40 am

Hi,

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

I will be applying for ILR based on my T2 (General) visa and have a few queries pertaining to the SET (O) Application form. I was granted the General visa on 08 March 2016 and entered the UK on 12 March 2016.

Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise? Any help would be much appreciated.

* Place of Birth
Should I enter the Place of Birth exactly as shown on my current valid Passport?
Actually, I had renewed my Passport last year and the 'Place of Birth' on my current Passport now also shows the name of the State alongside the Town/City. My current BRP however, is consistent with my previous Passport that only shows the name of the Town/City and as such, there is a difference of information shown in the Place of Birth field between my BRP and the current Passport. Is that acceptable?

* How many days, weeks, months or years have you lived at this address?
Do I need to enter the exact number of 'Days' I would have lived at my current address at the time of submission of the application or could I enter the number of full 'Months' I would have completed at the address before the application is submitted?

* When did you first enter the UK?
Is this the date when I entered the UK on my T2 (General) visa i.e. 12 March 2016, as I was in the UK on a Dependant visa before I was issued the General visa from my home country?

* Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?
Should I enter the absences from the date when my General visa was issued (8 March 2016) or from the date when I had first entered the UK on my General visa (12 March 2016)?

If it is 8 March 2016, should I include the period between 8 March'16 to 12 March'16 as an absence?
What should I enter as the reason for that absence?

Also, since I was in the UK on the Dependant visa before the General visa, do I need to consider the absences from when I had entered the UK on that visa for the very first time?

* Which Countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK?
What does "travel through" mean in this question?

* What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK?
What should I enter as an acceptable reason for the absences as all my absences were for the trips to my home country on annual leave?

* Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
I have never made any application to remain in the UK from within the UK and all my previous visa applications were applied from my home country. Does this need to be responded with the information from the T2 (General) visa?

* Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? (Include all countries no matter how long you lived there)
Do I need to list the countries that I visited for Tourism or a month-long Business trip, in addition to my Country of birth?

* Weekly hours worked?
Should I enter my contractual weekly hours of work?

* Expiry Date of BRP?
Is this the VALID UNTIL Date on the BRP? And should the Place of Issue be 'UK'?

Many Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR - T2 General - SET (O) Application Form

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:27 am

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:40 am
Hi,

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

I will be applying for ILR based on my T2 (General) visa and have a few queries pertaining to the SET (O) Application form. I was granted the General visa on 08 March 2016 and entered the UK on 12 March 2016.

Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise? Any help would be much appreciated.

* Place of Birth
Should I enter the Place of Birth exactly as shown on my current valid Passport?
Actually, I had renewed my Passport last year and the 'Place of Birth' on my current Passport now also shows the name of the State alongside the Town/City. My current BRP however, is consistent with my previous Passport that only shows the name of the Town/City and as such, there is a difference of information shown in the Place of Birth field between my BRP and the current Passport. Is that acceptable?
Yes it is acceptable that way.

* How many days, weeks, months or years have you lived at this address?
Do I need to enter the exact number of 'Days' I would have lived at my current address at the time of submission of the application or could I enter the number of full 'Months' I would have completed at the address before the application is submitted? You can enter as near unto the days/weeks as possible

* When did you first enter the UK?
Is this the date when I entered the UK on my T2 (General) visa i.e. 12 March 2016, as I was in the UK on a Dependant visa before I was issued the General visa from my home country? The date that this current application is derived from or based on.

* Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?
Should I enter the absences from the date when my General visa was issued (8 March 2016) or from the date when I had first entered the UK on my General visa (12 March 2016)?

If it is 8 March 2016, should I include the period between 8 March'16 to 12 March'16 as an absence?
What should I enter as the reason for that absence?

Also, since I was in the UK on the Dependant visa before the General visa, do I need to consider the absences from when I had entered the UK on that visa for the very first time?

What does "travel through" mean in this question? Transit without staying

* What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK?
What should I enter as an acceptable reason for the absences as all my absences were for the trips to my home country on annual leave? State it truly as it is

* Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
I have never made any application to remain in the UK from within the UK and all my previous visa applications were applied from my home country. Does this need to be responded with the information from the T2 (General) visa? It is an "if available " question. No effect if this info not available.

* Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? (Include all countries no matter how long you lived there)
Do I need to list the countries that I visited for Tourism or a month-long Business trip, in addition to my Country of birth? No, the question clearly states lived in

* Weekly hours worked?
Should I enter my contractual weekly hours of work?

* Expiry Date of BRP?
Is this the VALID UNTIL Date on the BRP? And should the Place of Issue be 'UK'?

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 pm

I was in UK on T2 ICT ST and LT Dependant visas immediately before my Tier 2 General visa was issued from my Home country and re-entered UK on 12 March 2016 on T2 General.

If I mention the reason as 'Country of Birth' and the From and To dates as my Date of Birth and 12 March 2016 (date I first entered on T2 General) respectively, is that fine?

Do I need to mention my periods spent on ICT Dependant visas in the reason at all?

On one trip to my Home country, I took a flight via Abu Dhabi due to unavailability of direct flights, but it was only a few hours wait at the Abu Dhabi airport before the next flight.
I did not leave the airport and did not actually visited Abu Dhabi.

Does Abu Dhabi need to be mentioned for this question? Is that considered as a travel through country?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Does Abu Dhabi need to be mentioned for this question? Is that considered as a travel through country?
Do I need to mention my periods spent on ICT Dependant visas in the reason at all?
No and No to your questions
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:32 pm

Thanks Zimba.

So, what does "travel through" actually mean?

Also, is the To Date fine to be mentioned as 12 March 2016 even though I was in the UK before on Dependant visas?

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Am I right in assuming that the countries you landed in for changing flights, but not actually left the airport on a visa, will NOT be considered a Travel Through country and hence, does not need to be mentioned on the form?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:36 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Am I right in assuming that the countries you landed in for changing flights, but not actually left the airport on a visa, will NOT be considered a Travel Through country and hence, does not need to be mentioned on the form?
It is not important at all. You travel details are irrelevant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Sorry, I am confused regarding what qualifies as "Travel Through" countries?

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi,

Could the Experts please advise if the Title (Mr / Mrs) is mandatory to be included in the Name field of the Consent sheet (as shown on the application pack and supporting documents)?

Also, when writing the address, should the Postcode be included in the address, as there is a separate field for Postcode on the sheet?

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Re: ILR - T2 General - Tenancy Renewal

Post by anub2016 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:55 am

Hi,

My joint Tenancy agreement is expiring in the first week of next month but my visa is valid only until the end of February.

My agency is asking for visa copy before they could renew the Tenancy.

Is it a requirement for me to be on the Rent Agreement while an ILR application is with the Home Office?

Do "Right to Rent" checks affect the decision at all?

Please could I request to advise.

Many Thanks