ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrested in UK on Tier 5 visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fumo213
Newly Registered

Arrested in UK on Tier 5 visa

Post by Fumo213 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi,

My partner was arrested for drink driving while on a Tier 5 YMV in the UK. She was due to return to Australia in April but cannot get home due to Covid19 and is/was currently working with the Australia consulate to get a loan and flight home asap before this happened. She's been struggling with her mental health and has never done anything like this before.

I'd like to know what the implications of this conviction will be on her current immigration status - (she hasn't been to court yet so not sure of sentence) obviously at the moment he priority is still to get home.

We were also planning to apply for a fiancé visa for her to return to the UK but I'm not sure if this is now possible?

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? I've been trying to get legal aid but it's seeming impossible.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Arrested in UK on Tier 5 visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Hello

I don't blame her. It seems the current Government is working hard to create distress and degrade mental health of the people.

In terms of immigration, it doesn't look good but not as bad as you may think. If it's a matter of fiancee visa, she can still get it despite that incident. Just declare everything when it comes to fill the application. Don't "forget" it as they may find out.

If her current Tier 5 is still valid, you could be able to marry without the need for her to go to Australia.