ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 year long residence SET(LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

altyxrr
Newly Registered
Malaysia

ILR 10 year long residence

Post by altyxrr » Mon May 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi all,

Was hoping to get some advice here on applying for ILR via 10 year long residence route. I am not due to apply until August next year but wanted to ask in anticipation I need to prepare documents

My immigration history is as follows :
Aug 2010 to Aug 2013 tier 4 student
Aug 2013 to Aug 2015 tier 4 student
Aug 2015 to Aug 2017 tier 2
Aug 2017 to Aug 2018 tier 2 (application made before visa expiry in Aug, initially rejected but decision was overturned after admin review, visa granted in October)
Aug 2018 Unmarried partner visa

I will apply for 10 year long residence in August next year
We got married this year in March 2019.
My partner had to move away (still in UK) for work reasons earlier this year, although we still see each other at least twice a month.

My question is do we still have to live together to keep to our visa conditions, or is it considered acceptable that we have two addresses which we both consider home ?

Also when it comes to next year when I apply for ILR under 10 year long residence, would I be expected to provide evidence that we live together or this is no longer required as we are married, or perhaps such evidence is not needed at all for 10 years long residence?

Many thanks for all your help in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 year long residence

Post by zimba » Tue May 28, 2019 1:57 am

Under long residence you must qualify on your own. No need to send any docs regarding your relationship as that is irrelevant under long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

altyxrr
Newly Registered
Malaysia

ILR 10 year long residence SET(LR)

Post by altyxrr » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 am

Dear all,

I would appreciate some general advice on my pending ILR application under the 10 year long residence route. As the priority services have been suspended and I do not see it restarting anytime soon with Covid cases on the rise, I have decided to go for a postal application instead.

My immigration history is as below:
Entered country 23 August 2010 under Tier 4 General student visa
Sept 2013 Tier 4 General student visa
August 2015 Tier 2 General PBS visa
September 2017 Tier 2 General PBS visa declined, however same visa application was reviewed and approved Oct 2017
August 2018 Switched to Spouse visa (partner British citizen), current visa due to expire 24 Feb 2021.

I have never overstayed and always made my application in time, the visa refusal in Sept 2017 was due to a mistake in COS letter by my employer.

Please could I confirm :

1. I am eligible to apply for 10 year long residence with my immigration history using the SET(LR) online.

2. I have have multiple absences throughout the 10 years, but this totals at 530 days of I exclude day of departure and arrival, and only include full days out of UK. Would this be correct?
Also in the form it only allows me to select one country - if it as multicountry visit, I have just put the first country I departed to, would this be ok ?
I have also run out of space for absences in the form, is it correct I should submit this as a separate spreadsheet uploaded with documents?

3. Reading previous posts, I understand that usually minimal documents are needed for SET(LR) submission. My document submission checklist has additionally requested for :
- Marriage certificate
- Partners passport
- Evidence to prove the relationship with my partner (e.g marriage cert) and correspondence addressed to the both of you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to both of you at the same address.
I do have these but it wasn't quite what I expected having read previous members experiences and answers - I always thought I would have to qualify based on myself. Is this because I am currently on a spouse visa?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 year long residence SET(LR)

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:21 pm

1. Correct
2. Yes. Provide a separate sheet.
3. I told you in 2019 that those are NOT needed :!: Your relationship status is irrelevant to long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

altyxrr
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by altyxrr » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I thought it was odd too however after completing my SET(LR)application, these were the additional documents that appeared on on the documents checklist. It states ‘From the list below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it’

This is what appears -

Proof of relationship status as partner of ...
Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the uk
Passport
All previous passports
BRP
Evidence to prove relationship with ... for eg marriage cert and correspondence ... to cover last two years
Documents showing Partners immigration status

I did open up a dummy application and when I marked relationship status as single these documents disappeared from required.

Is this the usual? Would people generally tick all but are not required to send it ?

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:42 pm

The online form is generic/checklist is not accurate always. It is a flaw in the online form. Follow the guidance for immigration rules.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

altyxrr
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by altyxrr » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:11 am

Thank you for your kind replies.
Just to say I submitted my application on the 31st of October, and booked in for Biometrics in Newcastle for next week. My appointment unfortunately was cancelled due to Covid related service point closure and I have automatically been given an appointment (Same day same time) early December. I intend to keep it as I do not see how I could get an earlier appointment.
Will updates my timeline when I know more.
Thank you again for your help.

Mele
Newly Registered
China

Post by Mele » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 pm

altyxrr wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:11 am
Thank you for your kind replies.
Just to say I submitted my application on the 31st of October, and booked in for Biometrics in Newcastle for next week. My appointment unfortunately was cancelled due to Covid related service point closure and I have automatically been given an appointment (Same day same time) early December. I intend to keep it as I do not see how I could get an earlier appointment.
Will updates my timeline when I know more.
Thank you again for your help.
Hi, sorry to tag onto your thread but I wonder what date was your original biometrics appointment booked for? I am also booked in for next week at Newcastle... Thank you

altyxrr
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by altyxrr » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:24 pm

It was for next week as well

demi
Newly Registered

Post by demi » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello, Do you mind advising the documents that you needed for your application. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm

demi wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:41 pm
Hello, Do you mind advising the documents that you needed for your application. Thanks
Please start your own topic with questions!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.