ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Carrington1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Dodiddone wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:47 pm
Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:19 pm
Set O - ILR from tier 2 of 5 years.

date of application - April 1.
IDV invitation and upload of biometrics - September 4.

In person submission of biometrics - September 25

called UKVI for escalation (over six months) - October 13.

I received an email today telling me that there was already a decision last month September 10. They apologised because the decision email was not sent because of an "oversight".

that's it for me now.
so you went for an in person appointment after your decision was made on 10th September.. Probably thats why they mixed it up due to dual submission.

Hopefully your decision is positive.
it is a positive result. the application was successful.
the decision was made September 10. if only they sent me the decision on that day. i could have not went for a dual submission on September 25
Oh, that is really shocking. In that case, have they not sent you the new BRP after decision made on 10 Sep?
it says in the email.. wait 7 working days for the BRP.

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dodiddone » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Carrington1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Dodiddone wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:47 pm
Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm

so you went for an in person appointment after your decision was made on 10th September.. Probably thats why they mixed it up due to dual submission.

Hopefully your decision is positive.
it is a positive result. the application was successful.
the decision was made September 10. if only they sent me the decision on that day. i could have not went for a dual submission on September 25
Oh, that is really shocking. In that case, have they not sent you the new BRP after decision made on 10 Sep?
it says in the email.. wait 7 working days for the BRP.
So, that means the decision was also not communicated to the BRP creation team. Anyway, you got it finally and big congrats!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm

cheeish wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi everyone, i would like to update about

My SET M

Applied on 7July2020
Idv app used : 29August2020
Biometric in person: 23Sep2020
Decision received on email: 19Oct2020
Brp received: awaiting

And it seem like taken time for dispatching BRP
I will update about what photography they have used for BRP once i received
I cannot believe you have not updated us that you have received your approval on 19/10/20 and only posting in this forum because your BRP is late while your ILR approval would be really important to so many of us.

As you are getting help from this forum, please try not to be selfish and share things on the benefit of others.

Thanks

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Got the following response from MP’s office:

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your email correspondence of 24 September 2020 on behalf of Mr xxx of xxxx, about Mr xxx’s Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application as the spouse of a settled person.

On 22 June 2020, Mr xxx submitted his ILR application and this remains outstanding. On 15 September 2020, we received confirmation that Mr xxx enrolled his biometrics. Please note that the current service standard for concluding ILR applications is within six months of receipt of the application. Therefore, Mr xxx’s case remains within our service standard. Mr xxx was informed of this in our email to him on 12 October 2020.

Please reassure Mr xxx that he will be contacted once a decision on his application has been reached. We are continuing to process applications but due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have changed our working practices to keep both our staff and customers safe. Applications may take longer than usual to conclude, and we kindly ask for Mr xxx’s continued patience during this period. Mr xxx can obtain further information on COVID-19 and our services on our website at: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-1 ... -residents

They didn’t inform me anything on 12th, I asked about my biometrics through SET(M) email address and the “astronaut” replied they have received bios.

Interesting they don’t mention the IDV biometrics from 28th August which confirms my in-person appointment is what they have.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:15 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your email correspondence of 24 September 2020 on behalf of Mr xxx of xxxx, about Mr xxx’s Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application as the spouse of a settled person.

On 22 June 2020, Mr xxx submitted his ILR application and this remains outstanding. On 15 September 2020, we received confirmation that Mr xxx enrolled his biometrics. Please note that the current service standard for concluding ILR applications is within six months of receipt of the application. Therefore, Mr xxx’s case remains within our service standard. Mr xxx was informed of this in our email to him on 12 October 2020.

Please reassure Mr xxx that he will be contacted once a decision on his application has been reached. We are continuing to process applications but due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have changed our working practices to keep both our staff and customers safe. Applications may take longer than usual to conclude, and we kindly ask for Mr xxx’s continued patience during this period. Mr xxx can obtain further information on COVID-19 and our services on our website at: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-1 ... -residents

They didn’t inform me anything on 12th, I asked about my biometrics through SET(M) email address and the “astronaut” replied they have received bios.

Interesting they don’t mention the IDV biometrics from 28th August which confirms my in-person appointment is what they have.
At least this shows that moon mans response to you has been logged, I am very hopeful that you will receive decision soon.

cheeish
Newly Registered

Post by cheeish » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Hello

Before judging anyone think about other people situations

i did not applied by myself, it was solicitor who updated me verbally on thursday and its only this morning solicitor forwarded me confirmation email and i do not trust anymore solicitor by just saying that he got approval,

I hope that will solve your and other people frustration

Thanks for taken out your frustration on me.

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:23 pm

cheeish wrote:

My SET M

Applied on 7July2020

Congratulations. I hope I get mine soon

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm

cheeish wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 pm
Hello

Before judging anyone think about other people situations

i did not applied by myself, it was solicitor who updated me verbally on thursday and its only this morning solicitor forwarded me confirmation email and i do not trust anymore solicitor by just saying that he got approval,

I hope that will solve your and other people frustration

Thanks for taken out your frustration on me.
Not judging you but you have asked same day on 19/10/20 in a different Thread about filling the Naturalisation application after you have received the approval, which was not visible to us anyway as there is a very important thread called Timeline. So you knew about it. At the end, it's up to you if you can't choose to give as much as you take in this life.

All this Forum is based on the incredible Moderators and Gurus and other people sharing their experience.

Good luck with your BRP and Naturalisation.

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm
cheeish wrote:

My SET M

Applied on 7July2020

I cannot believe you have not updated us that you have received your approval on 19/10/20 and only posting in this forum because your BRP is late while your ILR approval would be really important to so many of us.

As you are getting help from this forum, please try not to be selfish and share things on the benefit of others.

Thanks
this is kind of harsh?
😏

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Sorry your escalation didn't work out :(

I still never received a reply from 'moon man' so I think they are probably ignoring queries about biometrics being received now :?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:17 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Sorry your escalation didn't work out :(

I still never received a reply from 'moon man' so I think they are probably ignoring queries about biometrics being received now :?
Yes I would say so. They have probably received a lot of emails once the email address was shared in this Forum and elsewhere.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:24 pm

I have been waiting for my SET O T2G ILR application for almost two months now.
I check the Right to Work website every day.
This morning, it says “details do not match record.”
I thought there was finally some movement, and a decision was finally forthcoming.
But then an hour later I checked again it reverted to the old “You can work in the UK until [T2G expiry date.” :(

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Just wanted to mention, according to the approvals reported in this Forum. last week (Monday to Sunday) has been the slowest week for approvals compared to the previous weeks.

@debrancherenzym many thanks for sharing this. Hope you hear good news soon. I think the Home Office has clearly reduced staff dealing with ILR in all categories (even SET(O) has slowed down). Hope this will pick up again this week or the next few weeks.

Cheers.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:30 pm
Just wanted to mention, according to the approvals reported in this Forum. last week (Monday to Sunday) has been the slowest week for approvals compared to the previous weeks.

@debrancherenzym many thanks for sharing this. Hope you hear good news soon. I think the Home Office has clearly reduced staff dealing with ILR in all categories (even SET(O) has slowed down). Hope this will pick up again this week or the next few weeks.

Cheers.
I hope so too, every week starts with me thinking it is this week :lol:

Felt really bad for the member reporting earlier that UKVI had made a decision in Sept and were unable to send approval email because of an "oversight" - absolutely appalling behaviour :|

Leeee704

not clear between idv app or in person appointment

Post by Leeee704 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:03 pm

dear Gurus ,
i am member of this forum since almost 5 years got entrepreneur visa and then extension because your help and advise.
my ILR is due since Feb 2020 (10 year route) my case is very straight forward i guess.
MBA, PSW, entrepreneur then extension.
i was waiting for same day service to start. same time i was following the forum. now i hve decided to apply on standard rout which i guess is only option left for me.
i need help regarding once i submit my application (which is ready) and pay the fee
how i can choose idv app option or appointment option or which option is really working ?
idv option comes after i submit my documents ?

please need your guidance once more
if i have missed any point please highlight it and give me advise on it.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: not clear between idv app or in person appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Leeee704 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:03 pm
dear Gurus ,
i am member of this forum since almost 5 years got entrepreneur visa and then extension because your help and advise.
my ILR is due since Feb 2020 (10 year route) my case is very straight forward i guess.
i was waiting for same day service to start. same time i was following the forum. now i hve decided to apply on standard rout which i guess is only option left for me.
i need help regarding once i submit my application (which is ready) and pay the fee
how i can choose idv app option or appointment option or which option is really working ?

Thanks
IDV is the past now. You will have to book an appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Leeee704

Re: not clear between idv app or in person appointment

Post by Leeee704 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:08 pm
Leeee704 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:03 pm
dear Gurus ,

Thanks
IDV is the past now. You will have to book an appointment.
Thanks for your swift reply Cullinan.
1- so i have to submit the application and upload my documents like it use to be before covid
2- have to find an appointment in one of the centers and submit my biomatrix in centre ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:40 pm

@Leee704
Yes UKVCAS went to normal operations on 21st Sep.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Leeee704

Post by Leeee704 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:40 pm
@Leee704
oh really so i am not updated. can i get priority appointment now while submiting my application ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Leeee704 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Leee704
oh really so i am not updated. can i get priority appointment now while submiting my application ?
UKVI Super priority is suspended. UKVCAS only deals with biometrics. Do not confuse both.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm
swissman20 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am
Hi all,

I've applied for my SET (LR) after having waited over 5 months to get my Tier 2 G extension approved with my current employer. After completing the payment for the application I've been looking for appointment availability but there seems to be no slots. Last night as I checked, Birmingham had slots for Nov 20 (£199) and this morning absolutely nothing.

When I search for slots, I only get availability for 10 centres while the UKVCAS announcment states there are more service points being open. Should I be changing the criteria for my search?

Appreciate your help.
The appointments seem to be available only after 3/4 weeks. You can change different postcodes to check different locations. Keep checking during the day and especially at 12AM GMT. There are cancellations sometimes and you may get lucky to book an earlier one.
Thank you Cullinan, I will follow your advice. Appreciate your advice to me and many other members.

Leeee704

Post by Leeee704 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 pm
Leeee704 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Leee704
UKVI Super priority is suspended. UKVCAS only deals with biometrics. Do not confuse both.
i really appreciate your help :) SORRY my mistake.
once i submit my application via standard route everything else is normal ? like uploading my documents on UKVCAS LINK and finding an appointment for biomatrix ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 am

Leeee704 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 pm
Leeee704 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Leee704
i really appreciate your help :) SORRY my mistake.
once i submit my application via standard route everything else is normal ? like uploading my documents on UKVCAS LINK and finding an appointment for biomatrix ?
Yes.

unknown10111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by unknown10111 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 am

Hi - I've just booked a (free) biometrics appointment in London exactly 4 weeks from now. I desperately need to get my ILR on time to travel in December to visit a sick relative. I can see that once you book the appointment, there is no way of seeing current appointment availability unless you cancel. Is there someone who is going to be booking an appointment over the next week or some kind of system where some kind soul could let me know if there are any earlier appointments available, don't mind if they're paid?! I'm really desperate and worried that end November gives me a very tight timeline - I would have to be really lucky and get my BRP like 3 weeks after to be able to travel :(

Would appreciate any help or advice anyone could provide - thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:42 am

For new applicants help sake:
1) Documents submission:

Self-submission is optional but I would recommend it as your documents will be sent to UKVI even before biometrics and you will save time. It has nothing to do with biometrics appointment booking. However, this option is only available up to 48 hours before biometrics appointment.

2) Appointment booking:

Try different postcodes to view different locations. Look through out the day for any cancellations or 12AM GMT. Look for 1-2 days regularly, you maybe able to find an earlier one due to a cancellation. Appointments are reported to be available only after 3/4 weeks gap these days. Book the one available if you fail to book any earlier one in 1-2 days. Recommended because if you book a date now lets say, you will not be able to view the earlier availability (if any cancellations) then. Worth 1-2 days regular check.

3) Date of application:

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. You have a 2 months deadline though after application date. Documents upload date/self-submission is irrelevant but recommended.