ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anongirl
South Africa

Re: Next Ceremony

Post by anongirl » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Captainf wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 pm
I have been approved in Feb 2020, Awaiting for Ceremony since... This is such a relief... 4 years of waiting might come to an end pretty soon.
Same with myself approved since Feb 2020. My sister applied roughly same time as me but she got into the last ceremony and i didnt even though we sent the fee in the same week. i was soo gutted.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:06 am

I am interested is this part
"The changes will come into effect after the Minister signs a statutory instrument to the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956. The Minister has approved the priority drafting of the statutory instrument."
related to affidavit, eTax-clearance and eVetting or both.

It will probably will take some time, I guess it should be passed in Dail as well.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:03 am

They already referenced it in the Dail yesterday. And my friend in INIS said we should be getting them in the next 4 weeks hopefully sooner. They basically are just reverting to how they used to send out the certificates before there was these official ceremony so it’s nothing new just the old way of doing it

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 am

Quote from dail question on 22 Oct
“ The Deputy will be aware that formal citizenship ceremonies were introduced almost ten years ago. These have been universally well-received by participants as the ceremonies provide a sense of dignity and a celebratory occasion that serves to underscore the importance to both the State and the applicant of the grant of Irish citizenship. Covid-19 has, unfortunately, prevented the holding of our large-scale citizenship ceremonies, which is impacting the processing of applications. The Minister, Deputy McEntee, was, therefore, pleased to recently approve a solution to replace the ceremonies with a sworn affidavit on an interim basis. This will enable approximately 3,000 applicants to be granted citizenship in the very near future”

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:06 am

anongirl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:03 am
They already referenced it in the Dail yesterday. And my friend in INIS said we should be getting them in the next 4 weeks hopefully sooner. They basically are just reverting to how they used to send out the certificates before there was these official ceremony so it’s nothing new just the old way of doing it
Next 4 weeks is great news!

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:42 am

anongirl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:03 am
Are they working in the lockdown?

I’m actually stuck outside the state- waiting to get back in eagerly to submit everything to avail the cert!

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:53 am

Wow FANTASTIC NEWS :D

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 pm

anongirl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 am
Quote from dail question on 22 Oct
“ The Deputy will be aware that formal citizenship ceremonies were introduced almost ten years ago. These have been universally well-received by participants as the ceremonies provide a sense of dignity and a celebratory occasion that serves to underscore the importance to both the State and the applicant of the grant of Irish citizenship. Covid-19 has, unfortunately, prevented the holding of our large-scale citizenship ceremonies, which is impacting the processing of applications. The Minister, Deputy McEntee, was, therefore, pleased to recently approve a solution to replace the ceremonies with a sworn affidavit on an interim basis. This will enable approximately 3,000 applicants to be granted citizenship in the very near future”
Great news for the 3,000 applicants that are already approved and here's to hoping that they also make an honest effort to clear the backlog for applicants waiting for a long time...

luckyfish1985
India

Post by luckyfish1985 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Yes I believe they are working in the lockdown

I got a reply email today morning.

izzydowling
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by izzydowling » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm

does anyone know what eTax-clearance and eVetting ? and if anyone gets a litter could the please put it on this please :|

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Shelter wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:02 pm
So last month my application was in advanced stage .. and today I got this reply ... :( :( :( :(

Thank you for your email. I am directed by the Minister for Justice and
Equality to refer to your correspondence received in this Office.

Your application for naturalisation is currently being processed with a
view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the
granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for
decision when processing is complete.

The Division, like everyone in the State, has been impacted by the
restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 healthcare crisis. The restrictions
imposed have resulted in all Citizenship staff working remotely with
minimal access to the Office. Obviously these restrictions are outside of
the control of the division and have resulted in significant delays in
dealing with correspondence received in the Office and have had a negative
impact on processing times for all applications as the Division adjusts to
working in the current environment. The processing of the applications is
further impacted by the ability of Citizenship to contact other bodies,
many of whom will be negatively impacted by COVID-19.

I can confirm that the Division has engaged in concentrated effort to
process and complete all cases that remain outstanding for a considerable
period of time. Please be assured that we will revert immediately once a
decision has been reached on the application. Your patience in this matter
is appreciated.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk

Team 2

I got the exact same answer from the same team.

Thanks for posting. Makes me feel good that it was copy and paste so hopefully mine is more advanced as well

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:00 pm

izzydowling wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm
does anyone know what eTax-clearance and eVetting ? and if anyone gets a litter could the please put it on this please :
I think they may require online tax clearance certificate from applicants which you can’t get without online registration with revenue means you must have cleared your tax issues but I don’t know what would be the procedure of e vetting? If someone know about this please share here?

wec1979
Ireland

Post by wec1979 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Taki wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:00 pm
izzydowling wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm
does anyone know what eTax-clearance and eVetting ? and if anyone gets a litter could the please put it on this please :
I think they may require online tax clearance certificate from applicants which you can’t get without online registration with revenue means you must have cleared your tax issues but I don’t know what would be the procedure of e vetting? If someone know about this please share here?
e vetting is issued by Garda authority. It may prove you are "good character" or not.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:15 am

Based on the latest announcement regarding ceremony, anyone received the citizenship affidavit to sign after sending 950 euro following the approval letter?

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:09 am

ssireland wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:15 am
Based on the latest announcement regarding ceremony, anyone received the citizenship affidavit to sign after sending 950 euro following the approval letter?
They need to legally change something first. They said that will take 4 weeks. So they should send them after that

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:33 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am
I just got this email from the Citizenship Department this morning:

Dear XXXX,

Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

XXXXX
Citizenship Division

What does this mean? Application made in early February 2020.
Is this always what the second letter looks like? I'm a bit lost in the process. In total, I've received one letter confirming receipt of the application, one letter with my passport being returned, four letters requesting follow-up info, now what is technically the seventh letter says--

"your application is being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for granting naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquired are complete and all required documentation has complied."

I would think that is a second stage letter and our resident expert here, littlerr :D, said one of my previous letters looked like a second stage as well. Really hoping the next one will ask for the fee, but then again I was really hoping this one would say "advanced."

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:53 pm

niccim wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:33 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:

Dear XXXX,

Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

XXXXX
Citizenship Division

Is this always what the second letter looks like? I'm a bit lost in the process. In total, I've received one letter confirming receipt of the application, one letter with my passport being returned, four letters requesting follow-up info, now what is technically the seventh letter says--

"your application is being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for granting naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquired are complete and all required documentation has complied."

I would think that is a second stage letter and our resident expert here, littlerr :D, said one of my previous letters looked like a second stage as well. Really hoping the next one will ask for the fee, but then again I was really hoping this one would say "advanced."
Sorry! Was too excited to post on the new letter but seeing it's a bit off topic now that I'm further into the thread and can't seem to delete. Ignore me here :oops: :oops: :oops:

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm

niccim wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:33 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:

Dear XXXX,

Regards

XXXXX
Citizenship Division

I applied in February, 2020.

The last letter I received from them was in June, 2020 stated:

Your application has now been initially assessed, and has proceeded to the second stage of processing.

Your application is being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the minister for decision as expeditiously....

Then I got email reply last week October, 2020 saying:

Riazul1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Riazul1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:21 pm

luckyfish1985 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:04 pm
Yes I believe they are working in the lockdown

I got a reply email today morning.
when did u apply? did u get advance stage letter?

luckyfish1985
India

Post by luckyfish1985 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 am

Hi Riazul1,

Below is my application Processing detials

Applicaiton Submited: 14th November 2018
Second Stage : 19th November 2018
Approval Letter date: 12th October 2020
Awaiting for Affidate Letter to sign:___________
Naturaliozation Cerificate Received Date: __________

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
H

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi All

Greetings. I need some info please.

1. How do you get the approval letter ? Through registered post or normal mail ? Just asking because if I am in office then nobody at home to receive registered mail.

2. There is a very big gap generally between IRP card submission and ceremonies - almost a year ! How do you travel and enter back Ireland without IRP for work/home country visits during this long period ? Any workarounds - like letter from Garda etc ?

Many thanks for help in advance.

GIGPH

luckyfish1985
India

Post by luckyfish1985 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:01 pm

GIGPH wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:40 pm
Hi All

Greetings. I need some info please.

1. How do you get the approval letter ? Through registered post or normal mail ? Just asking because if I am in office then nobody at home to receive registered mail.

Answer: Normal Post

2. There is a very big gap generally between IRP card submission and ceremonies - almost a year ! How do you travel and enter back Ireland without IRP for work/home country visits during this long period ? Any workarounds - like letter from Garda etc ?

Answer: I heard if there is an emergency few months back ppl use go to GNIB office and get Re-entry visa on passport to accommodate travel. But don’t no at the moment bcoz of Covid rules.

Many thanks for help in advance.

GIGPH
Hope the above answer will be useful.

Thanks
H

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:36 am

Update on website: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/applica ... -ceremony/

COVID-19 has unfortunately prevented the holding of our large scale citizenship ceremonies which is impacting the processing of applications. As a solution on an interim basis for applicants whose applications are approved, Minister McEntee was pleased to recently approve the priority drafting of a Statutory Instrument, whereby naturalisation certificates may issue on receipt of a statutory declaration. In this way, we hope to alleviate the delays currently impacting those seeking to start their new lives as Irish citizens.

Please continue to check our website for further announcements and updates here. It remains our intention that large scale ceremonies will recommence once circumstances allow.

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:46 am

iamok wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:36 am
Update on website: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/applica ... -ceremony/

COVID-19 has unfortunately prevented the holding of our large scale citizenship ceremonies which is impacting the processing of applications. As a solution on an interim basis for applicants whose applications are approved, Minister McEntee was pleased to recently approve the priority drafting of a Statutory Instrument, whereby naturalisation certificates may issue on receipt of a statutory declaration. In this way, we hope to alleviate the delays currently impacting those seeking to start their new lives as Irish citizens.

Please continue to check our website for further announcements and updates here. It remains our intention that large scale ceremonies will recommence once circumstances allow.

They also added this: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/etax-clearance/

So what does that mean for the applications that are submitted already for a while?

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:57 am

@wow90

read carefully from the top.

"As and from the 23rd November 2020" all adult applicants for a certificate of naturalisation are required to have an up to date tax clearance certificate.