ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:59 pm

me1503 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi! We Submitted our naturalisation application online on 18 July. Then we received an email confirming we don’t need to attend a face to face appointment for biometrics and to just submit documents and id verification thru the idv app which we did on 9 September. But yesterday, we received an email from nationalitycovidUKvcasreminders home office that we need to book an appointment for biometrics in 45 days or else application will be invalid. Checked on the appointment booking but there are no available appointments still. This is so confusing. Dont know what to do
Maybe you want to read a couple previous posts??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

spacepup
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by spacepup » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 pm
spacepup wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Sadly I cannot get an appointment near me. I need to attend a CORE UKVCAS branch and there are none for at least a month and I've been checking daily.

Does anyone know another way to contact UKVCAS other than their number of 0844 8920232 as it doesn't work and hasn't worked for about 5 days since I've needed to book a biometrics appointment.

I had to call the HO to make sure if I overstay because of this shortage of appointments that I will not be penalised. It's all really frustrating.
You should see different locations or paid appointments. You have a deadline mentioned on your UKVI account (2 months from date of application). You must submit your biometrics before that. Free appointments are taken quickly. You may have to pay and secure one.
Thankfully I got a free appointment. Very pleased.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi guys,
Just a quick survey.
How many people are waiting to hear about the outcome of their naturalisation application since June and before
Thanks
I am waiting myself since 16 June

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 pm

spacepup wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 pm
spacepup wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Sadly I cannot get an appointment near me. I need to attend a CORE UKVCAS branch and there are none for at least a month and I've been checking daily.

Does anyone know another way to contact UKVCAS other than their number of 0844 8920232 as it doesn't work and hasn't worked for about 5 days since I've needed to book a biometrics appointment.

I had to call the HO to make sure if I overstay because of this shortage of appointments that I will not be penalised. It's all really frustrating.
You should see different locations or paid appointments. You have a deadline mentioned on your UKVI account (2 months from date of application). You must submit your biometrics before that. Free appointments are taken quickly. You may have to pay and secure one.
Thankfully I got a free appointment. Very pleased.
When did you submit the application online? Also, when & where is your appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:06 am

Choudhryalim wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 pm
Hi guys,
Just a quick survey.
How many people are waiting to hear about the outcome of their naturalisation application since June and before
Thanks
Me 22nd June :roll:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ameraj1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ameraj1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am

Hi, does anyone know how to check if there are any appointment cancellation so that you can re-schedule your appointment.

There are no appointment available before 4 weeks and once you book any appointment then you cannot see any cancellation.

Thanks.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:34 am

ameraj1 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am
Hi, does anyone know how to check if there are any appointment cancellation so that you can re-schedule your appointment.

There are no appointment available before 4 weeks and once you book any appointment then you cannot see any cancellation.

Thanks.
UKVCAS update their appointments around 1 am daily. In my experience, I have not seen any cancelled appointments come straight back to the system.

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Hansi89 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 am

Choudhryalim wrote:
Hi guys,
Just a quick survey.
Thanks
I am still waiting. applied on 3rd June.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:22 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:59 pm
me1503 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi! We Submitted our naturalisation application online on 18 July. Then we received an email confirming we don’t need to attend a face to face appointment for biometrics and to just submit documents and id verification thru the idv app which we did on 9 September. But yesterday, we received an email from nationalitycovidUKvcasreminders home office that we need to book an appointment for biometrics in 45 days or else application will be invalid. Checked on the appointment booking but there are no available appointments still. This is so confusing. Dont know what to do
Maybe you want to read a couple previous posts??

I’ve contacted them and confirmed just to ignore the email. Thank you!

ameraj1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ameraj1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm

ukvisat2 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:34 am
ameraj1 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks.
UKVCAS update their appointments around 1 am daily. In my experience, I have not seen any cancelled appointments come straight back to the system.
Cheers, thank you

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:06 am
Choudhryalim wrote:
Hi guys,
Just a quick survey.
Thanks
Waiting since 9th of June... Asked for status update as well but got no response!!

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:53 pm

Finally, first part of the waiting game came to an end today - received approval this afternoon.

Applied on 10th July, Biometric reuse submitted via IDV app on 29th Aug, did dual submission as well (physical appointment on mid Sept some time), sent status check email last week, and finally received the approval today.

Next part of the waiting game starts today lOlZzz.

Good luck everyone - stay optimistic.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Congrats Baba Gee!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm

aseef935 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:06 am
Choudhryalim wrote:
Hi guys,
Just a quick survey.
Thanks
Waiting since 9th of June... Asked for status update as well but got no response!!
I can see a couple of us waiting since June.. anyone waiting before June also??

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:40 pm
Congrats Baba Gee!!
Thank you!

Drop ‘em an email and you would also hear good news soon,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Baba_Ge wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats Baba Gee!!
Thank you!

Drop ‘em an email and you would also hear good news soon, إِنْ شَاءَ اَللَّه
Thank you. InshaAllah.
I think dropping an email does not work for all. Plus the standard is 6 months. My 6 months will be over on 22nd Dec. I know HO does not provide an update before 6 months are over.
However, it maybe a coincidence that applicants who emailed HO got their decisions after that.
Which email address you used btw?

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:37 pm
Baba_Ge wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Congrats Baba Gee!!
Thank you!

Drop ‘em an email and you would also hear good news soon, إِنْ شَاءَ اَللَّه
Thank you. InshaAllah.
I think dropping an email does not work for all. Plus the standard is 6 months. My 6 months will be over on 22nd Dec. I know HO does not provide an update before 6 months are over.
However, it maybe a coincidence that applicants who emailed HO got their decisions after that.
Which email address you used btw?
Yeah, it could be the coincidence! OR poking them may have lead them to look at the file and if the decision has already bee made, may be they just need to press one final button to trigger the response etc - you never know how bizarre some IT systems are :)

I sent the status check email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@HomeOffice.gsi.gov.uk

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi , just a quick update,
I have received an email today , Assumed this is a generic email.
I applied 6 June 2020
Did submit via idv app 27 august .
dual submission in 22 September 2020
Email from : MMST FMT

“ Dear recipient,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Yours sincerely

Managed Migration Support Team
Home Office”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes it is generic. Ignore it. Seems like most June applicants who went for dual submission after 21st Sep are caught up....

EvanEdinger
Newly Registered

Post by EvanEdinger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am

I submitted June 15th and went through the app on August 28th with a dual submission on September 24th.

Still crickets. Just hope everything's okay :'D Every other visa and such I got I had a solicitor help me for an hour to be sure, but I was confident with this one. Hope it works out

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:59 am

EvanEdinger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am
I submitted June 15th and went through the app on August 28th with a dual submission on September 24th.

Still crickets. Just hope everything's okay :'D Every other visa and such I got I had a solicitor help me for an hour to be sure, but I was confident with this one. Hope it works out
I see a pattern here. Mostly all June applicants who went for dual submissions after 21st Sep are stuck including myself. Maybe the dual submission has pushed us back in queue!!
I have a similar timeline: 22nd June, IDV: 28th Aug, Dual submission: 25th Sep!!

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted our naturalization application online on 6th June.
Submitted our documents through IDV on 1st Sep.

I was the main applicant but my husband received the generic email on 29th Oct that it may take more than 6 months.

May I ask:
1- What is the double submission everyone keeps referring to?
2- when we submitted online, we didn't receive any confirmation email. Is that normal?

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Hello friends!

Just received approval on my ILR Set M this morning so it's time to make my naturalisation application :D :D :D

Just to confirm:

Once I submit the form, am I allowed to travel or do I have to wait til after my biometrics appointment to do that?

I have been waiting on my ILR approval to go visit my parents back home so I am hoping to do it as soon as possible, and I know biometrics appointments are taking a long time to get right now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:18 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Hello friends!

Just received approval on my ILR Set M this morning so it's time to make my naturalisation application :D :D :D

Just to confirm:

Once I submit the form, am I allowed to travel or do I have to wait til after my biometrics appointment to do that?

I have been waiting on my ILR approval to go visit my parents back home so I am hoping to do it as soon as possible, and I know biometrics appointments are taking a long time to get right now.
Please start your own topic about your application. This thread is ONLY for biomteric appointment questions and updates after submission.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Peg_uk wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:12 pm
Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted our naturalization application online on 6th June.
Submitted our documents through IDV on 1st Sep.

I was the main applicant but my husband received the generic email on 29th Oct that it may take more than 6 months.

May I ask:
1- What is the double submission everyone keeps referring to?
2- when we submitted online, we didn't receive any confirmation email. Is that normal?
Firstly no one is the main applicant for Naturalisation purpose. Both applications will be assessed on its own merits.
1) Ignore it. Its the past.
2) Yes many dont receive its normal. Its only an automated generic email sometimes not pushed. I haven't received mine either.