ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi saddleback

I would travel across to England/Wales if you can afford and have time. As you can imagine due to pandemic everything around the world is working in its limited capacity. I had to travel an hour for my appointment. Hope you are able to find one in Belfast. Good luck

jsharingexp
Newly Registered

Post by jsharingexp » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a repeated question but I couldn't find anything related to my question.

I need some advice on the following please:

I have a BRC issued under EEA as a non-eu family member which I would need to get it changed with a BRC under the settlement scheme before the 31/12/20.
And also I already have settled status.

Since I got my BRC and settled status as a non-eu family member I have naturalised as a European citizen myself.

So the question is;
Do I need to apply for a new BRC under the EU Settlement scheme or just updating my new European passport with the Home Office would be fine as I already have settled status and European citizen don't get a physical BRC?

I don't really want to spend unnecessarily money with a new BRC so any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Prince115
Newly Registered

Post by Prince115 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Am a non Eu member just received my settled status link to my limited leave to remain biometric card. Applied for an upgrade some weeks ago and sent an email to confirm if I want them to continue with the application.
Now questions are as follows?

1) To show my intent for them to proceed, what’s the best way to respond to them, what i did was to respond to the email by replying to the sender saying I want them to proceed with my request of change. Am not sure if that was the best way to respond?

2) Let’s agree that was the best way and I receive his card, heard it can be updated online now. What are the steps in doing that? Because going through the process, there are only 2 options which are personal details or others like email, phone number or address. There was nothing like Biometric card number or passport number?

3) Will I still send a copy to them since we are told no Original should be sent to the home office ?

4) Can I still make it for his holiday in November, 6th precisely. That holiday is quite important.

5) Still expecting a response from them, how long does it takes from the day I did my biometric via IDV app and in what means will I get a response.

Thanks

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:47 am

Hi all,

Thought I would update you on my experience travelling with the a new Settled Status BRC. There was a bit of confusion on this thread as to whether you have to tell them HO that you have a new BRC as you would of used your EEA BRC to apply for settled status. People were indicating that this had to be done which I found strange as why would you tell the HO to update your Settled status profile with a BRC that they gave you to indicate that you have Settled status!
Non the less, I decided not to update the HO when i received the new card and just travel with it and see what happens. I returned from Italy on Saturday and presented my passport and BRC to the border officer who looked very confused as she has never seen a settled status card before (makes you worry about the level of training they get!!!), she enquired with her colleagues about the card who told her just to scan the card and do an ID check and let me proceed. Nothing was flagged that the card doesnt link to my online status etc so I am guessing that this is not something you have to worry about.

saddleback
Israel

Post by saddleback » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:35 am

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:13 pm
Hi saddleback

I would travel across to England/Wales if you can afford and have time. As you can imagine due to pandemic everything around the world is working in its limited capacity. I had to travel an hour for my appointment. Hope you are able to find one in Belfast. Good luck
Thank you. I understand that uncertain times may call for radical decisions. We will look at the possible flights across to the mainland.

saddleback
Israel

Post by saddleback » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:37 am

Prince115 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 pm

1) To show my intent for them to proceed, what’s the best way to respond to them, what i did was to respond to the email by replying to the sender saying I want them to proceed with my request of change. Am not sure if that was the best way to respond?

Thanks
Respond to the email enquiry they sent you - this is the easiest way (and in fact, alluded to in their email).

Frimpong05
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Frimpong05 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Please I already got residence card which valid until 2024 and I got pre- settled, which is gonna expire 2024. But I did application to upgrade my brc card under eea regulations to brc issued under Eu settlement scheme. But I cancel my application and I don’t know if is gonna affect me . Please I help .

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:30 am

Also, i would like to ask an interesting question. What happens if you lost your card, but hold pre-settled status and you are in marriage longer than 3 years and divorced. you have retained rights but how to apply???

Thanks!

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Maverick228 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Hey guys, I've changed my name and got a new passport under my new name. I sent it over to the Home Office so they could update my details. My question is: can I travel abroad with my old BRC under the old name? Or do I have to replace it before traveling abroad?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:27 pm

Maverick228 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm
Hey guys, I've changed my name and got a new passport under my new name. I sent it over to the Home Office so they could update my details. My question is: can I travel abroad with my old BRC under the old name? Or do I have to replace it before traveling abroad?
You need to replace. Your names on passport and BRC must match if you want to travel
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Maverick228 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:27 pm
Maverick228 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm
You need to replace. Your names on passport and BRC must match if you want to travel
Thanks, I have just submitted my biometrics for the BRC replacement application. What are the usual timelines? The lady at the biometrics centre told me it's usually done quick.

Slightly offtopic: I also sent my passport to the HO so they could update my name. Got my passport back but they still haven't updated my name. Does anyone know how long that takes? I have to travel before the end of the year

Xter27
Lithuania

Post by Xter27 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi guys,

Apologies if this was covered before, but I couldn’t find the answer via search.

My wife has applied to exchange her EU BRC to the EUSS card - she has a presettled status. I’m a bit confused in terms of the application process.

Based on my understanding, she needs to book an appointment for her biometrics, but we can’t find any free ones. They’re all at least a £100 per booking - is this right?

In addition, I remember reading something about an app which can be used to complete this application. How does one obtain access to this app?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:29 am

Xter27 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi guys,

Apologies if this was covered before, but I couldn’t find the answer via search.

My wife has applied to exchange her EU BRC to the EUSS card - she has a presettled status. I’m a bit confused in terms of the application process.

Based on my understanding, she needs to book an appointment for her biometrics, but we can’t find any free ones. They’re all at least a £100 per booking - is this right?

In addition, I remember reading something about an app which can be used to complete this application. How does one obtain access to this app?

If there are no free appointments, unfortunately you will have to pay for one.

The IDV app is no longer in use except for tier 4 visa applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Xter27
Lithuania

Post by Xter27 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:29 am
Xter27 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi guys,

If there are no free appointments, unfortunately you will have to pay for one.

The IDV app is no longer in use except for tier 4 visa applicants.
Thank you for clarifying!

Tariqspain
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Tariqspain » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:52 am

After getting you settled status To upgrade your BRC to Eu settlement card You have to fill in application again ? They ask you lots of questions . If you ever been fined or had penalty in past which someone had when they applied for settlement scheme And got the settled status as they don’t ask about any fines in Eu settlement scheme application. If someone got fine for littering will they refuse application to upgrade or change BRC to Eu settlement card .
Thanks if someone can share their experience ?

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience changing my EEA RC (extended family member) to the EU Settlement Scheme BRC (BRCE).

I initially applied online back in April 2020. I used the link below:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

However I was not able to book a biometric appointment due to Covid. I received an email in July with the following:

"You currently have a pending application for replacement of a BRC which was lost, stolen or damaged but due to COVID-19 restrictions you have not been able to enrol your biometrics.
To progress your application we have exceptionally taken steps to reuse biometrics you provided previously. This will avoid the need for you to attend a biometric enrolment centre.
Before we can decide your application you now need to provide further information
Proving your identity
Reply to this email (do not send us a new email) providing us with:
EITHER
a scan or photograph of the biodata page of your passport. This is the page which shows your photograph, your full name, date of birth and nationality.
OR
a passport style photograph of yourself, showing your head and shoulders, and type into the email your full name, date of birth and nationality"

I replied to this email in September with a scan of my passport and then I received another email to confirm my application:

" Thank you for your application to exchange your biometric residence card (BRC) issued under the EEA Regulations for a biometric residence card that reflects the leave you have been granted under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Please note that a BRC issued under EEA Regulations provides you with an exemption from the requirement to obtain a visa to travel to another Member State of the European Union. A BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme does not, and if you choose to exchange your current BRC for a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will be required to apply for a Schengen visa to travel to another EU Member State. You only need to apply to replace your biometric residence card issued under the EEA Regulations when it expires and then only if you intend to travel outside the United Kingdom, as you can rely upon your digital status to prove your right to stay, work or study in the United Kingdom.
Can you please confirm that you are therefore content to proceed with your application? We are unable to proceed with your application until you have confirmed if you are content to proceed.
Please confirm how you wish to proceed urgently"

I confirmed my application and received a reply the following day, informing me that I would receive my new card within 10 working days. I received the card in that timeframe.

Then I updated my identity document online as well. As some of you have mentioned, my current pre-settled status was attached to my previous EEA RC so I proceeded to update my identity card online. I know some people have sent their new card to the offices in Liverpool but I did mine online and within one day I received a response. I used the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details

Good luck!

Tariqspain
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Tariqspain » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:29 pm

lunallena wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm
Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience changing my EEA RC (extended family member) to the EU Settlement Scheme BRC (BRCE).

However I was not able to book a biometric appointment due to Covid. I received an email in July with the following:

"You currently have a pending application for replacement of a BRC which was lost, stolen or damaged but due to COVID-19 restrictions you have not been able to enrol your biometrics.
To progress your application we have exceptionally taken steps to reuse biometrics you provided previously. This will avoid the need for you to attend a biometric enrolment centre.
Before we can decide your application you now need to provide further information
Proving your identity
EITHER
a scan or photograph of the biodata page of your passport. This is the page which shows your photograph, your full name, date of birth and nationality.
OR
a passport style photograph of yourself, showing your head and shoulders, and type into the email your full name, date of birth and nationality"

I replied to this email in September with a scan of my passport and then I received another email to confirm my application:

" Thank you for your application to exchange your biometric residence card (BRC) issued under the EEA Regulations for a biometric residence card that reflects the leave you have been granted under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Please note that a BRC issued under EEA Regulations provides you with an exemption from the requirement to obtain a visa to travel to another Member State of the European Union. A BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme does not, and if you choose to exchange your current BRC for a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will be required to apply for a Schengen visa to travel to another EU Member State. You only need to apply to replace your biometric residence card issued under the EEA Regulations when it expires and then only if you intend to travel outside the United Kingdom, as you can rely upon your digital status to prove your right to stay, work or study in the United Kingdom.
Can you please confirm that you are therefore content to proceed with your application? We are unable to proceed with your application until you have confirmed if you are content to proceed.

I confirmed my application and received a reply the following day, informing me that I would receive my new card within 10 working days. I received the card in that timeframe.

Then I updated my identity document online as well. As some of you have mentioned, my current pre-settled status was attached to my previous EEA RC so I proceeded to update my identity card online. I know some people have sent their new card to the offices in Liverpool but I did mine online and within one day I received a response. I used the following link:

Good luck!
Hi lunallena ,
You paid for the card any fee ? And you have to submitt the application after completion ? I am asking as I have just filled it and after that haven’t done anything so I assume it’s not submitted ?

Tariqspain
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Tariqspain » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:29 pm

lunallena wrote:
Hello,

Proving your identity
EITHER
OR

Good luck!
Hi lunallena ,
You paid for the card any fee ? And you have to submitt the application after completion ? I am asking as I have just filled it and after that haven’t done anything so I assume it’s not submitted ?

Tariqspain
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Tariqspain » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Prince115 wrote:
Am a non Eu member just received my settled status link to my limited leave to remain biometric card. Applied for an upgrade some weeks ago and sent an email to confirm if I want them to continue with the application.

2) Let’s agree that was the best way and I receive his card, heard it can be updated online now. What are the steps in doing that? Because going through the process, there are only 2 options which are personal details or others like email, phone number or address. There was nothing like Biometric card number or passport number?

3) Will I still send a copy to them since we are told no Original should be sent to the home office ?

4) Can I still make it for his holiday in November, 6th precisely. That holiday is quite important.

5) Still expecting a response from them, how long does it takes from the day I did my biometric via IDV app and in what means will I get a response.

Thanks
Hi,
When is your application complete and submitted ? I mean after you pay them ? I am on second stage just filling the form so I assume it’s not complete application till now and you have any time limit to complete application ? Thanks if anyone can reply

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:02 pm

I completed the form to change my BRC card under EEA pre-settled status. The application has been submitted and now I need to book an appointment for biometric. Unfortunately there aren't many available slots in London. Few are available but they are paid, cheapest is 110£.has anyone be able to secure free appointment slot? or these are payables?
Please do share your experience.

Thank you.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Tariqspain wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm
Prince115 wrote:

Thanks
Hi,
When is your application complete and submitted ? I mean after you pay them ? I am on second stage just filling the form so I assume it’s not complete application till now and you have any time limit to complete application ? Thanks if anyone can reply
heya. the application is free of charge but the biometric appointment is not. There arent many available around london and cheapest is 110£.

Sandy8832
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy8832 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi Friends,
Hope all of you are safe and well. May be you could help with the question I have. I have a family member of an EU national married over 5 yrs ( BRC holder ). Last week I submitted application under EUSS by using EUexit app on my phone. Could anyone of you tell me your experience as to how long did the home office take to process application? Have they asked any more evidence? I submitted my marriage cert and current BRC ( scanned)

Appreciate your response

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi everyone I have brp card valid until May 2023 and also I received EU settle status in August 2020 my question is how can I change EU family residence card to EU settle status card please guide me

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Tariqspain wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:29 pm
lunallena wrote:
Hello,

Proving your identity
EITHER
OR

Good luck!
Hi lunallena ,
Hi,

I did not pay any fee. I only did the online application and then received all the emails I quoted. I guess if you don't click on submit it means it has not been submitted.

Tmehmood76
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Tmehmood76 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi
I got settle status and have applied my brc with pre settle into settle status. Did application onlone on link for replacement of BRC.
Can any one advise or share experience
Applied on 15 sept,20
Bio metric: 14 October
Email received for re confirm for replacement card on : 30 sept
After that still waiting for decision and didnt get any reply. I have sent an email to then on APAD and they said 8 weeks processing time and it is more than 8 weeks now, not sure if processing time start after bi metrics. I am why it is taking too long only changing brc from pere settle status to settle status (already granted).
Can any one tell how long it gona take.
Cheers