ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born Indian passport (AFTER one year of birth of child)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kpkumar
Newly Registered
India

UK born Indian passport (AFTER one year of birth of child)

Post by kpkumar » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi All

Thanks for reading below Post.

I'm applying the first passport for my baby born in the UK.
We Just realized, that His birth date crossed ONE YEAR.

After 1 year application criteria is specifically mentioned.

"In cases, where applications are made after one year of birth of child, the process is same. However, in such cases, a notarised affidavit or an affidavit executed before the Consular Officer of the Consulate from the parents stating the reason (s) for not registering the birth of the child at the Consulate within one year of birth of the child is also required to be submitted."

It was just because of my ignorance. My Baby has UK Birth Certificate.

Has anyone applied for India D.0.B Certificate after 1 year of Child Brith?

Please share your valuable information/suggestion.

xebec
Australia

Re: UK born Indian passport (AFTER one year of birth of child)

Post by xebec » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 am

Is your child eligible for UK citizenship? If so, apply for UK citizenship. You won't have to register in the High Commission in that case - just apply for an OCI at a later date.

If not, then you would have to go through the process of registering as an Indian citizen at the High Commission. You would have to write the reason in the declaration. 1 year registration is standard for most countries - you are lucky the Indian government does not issue a fine. Some countries issue a fine if an overseas birth is not registered in 6 months.

kpkumar
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK born Indian passport (AFTER one year of birth of child)

Post by kpkumar » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:30 pm

xebec wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 am
Is your child eligible for UK citizenship? If so, apply for UK citizenship. You won't have to register in the High Commission in that case - just apply for an OCI at a later date.

If not, then you would have to go through the process of registering as an Indian citizen at the High Commission. You would have to write the reason in the declaration. 1 year registration is standard for most countries - you are lucky the Indian government does not issue a fine. Some countries issue a fine if an overseas birth is not registered in 6 months.

Thanks xebec for your response. Nope. My Child is not eligible for UK citizenship

I have submitted my online form.

Process is same. But i had been asked to submit affidavit stating reasons for not completing Birth registration with in a year