ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Letter for Maintenance Evidence

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luthneth
Newly Registered
Turkey

Bank Letter for Maintenance Evidence

Post by luthneth » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 am

Is it okay to only use the letter that I get from my bank stating that I held the required funds for 28 days (with the stamp and everything and the currency details) enough to use as evidence? Or do I need to also include the bank statement?

Would my visa application possibly get refused for not including a bank statement along with the bank letter?

Thank you!

Saddy2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Bank Letter for Maintenance Evidence

Post by Saddy2018 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:15 am

I would prefer to include bank statement, that will provide detail of all transactions during 28 days period. and visa officer will make sure that balance didn't fall below min. threshold during those 28 days period.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:50 am

luthneth wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 am
Is it okay to only use the letter that I get from my bank stating that I held the required funds for 28 days (with the stamp and everything and the currency details) enough to use as evidence? Or do I need to also include the bank statement?
Either is fine. You don't need both.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dent-route, page 47
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

luthneth
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by luthneth » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Saddy2018 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:15 am
I would prefer to include bank statement, that will provide detail of all transactions during 28 days period. and visa officer will make sure that balance didn't fall below min. threshold during those 28 days period.
I would normally do that, but I'm worried that they will see in the transactions that a big amount of cash is deposited into a new bank account and think it's not actually my own money. Would that be seen as suspicious and thus cause a refusal? That's why I thought just a letter would be better but I'm not sure.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:18 am

As you can see from the UKVI's guidance for applicants that I posted previously, either is fine. Neither is "better", that is just people over-thinking it, as people love to do.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.