ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit while Applying Spouse Visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yasi007
Newly Registered

Universal Credit while Applying Spouse Visa

Post by Yasi007 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi
My question is I am receiving UC and i want to apply for spouse visa to invite my wife from Pakistan.In this situation do i need to cancel UC to go through or i can apply while receiving UC. Does UC effects spouse visa
application?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Universal Credit while Applying Spouse Visa

Post by JB007 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:33 am

Yasi007 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm
Hi
My question is I am receiving UC and i want to apply for spouse visa to invite my wife from Pakistan.In this situation do i need to cancel UC to go through or i can apply while receiving UC. Does UC effects spouse visa
application?

You have to meet the requirements to be able to sponsor your wife, either a work salary of at least 18,600 pcm or the adequate maintenance amount if you are limited in being able to work due to disabilities and claim the approved benefits for that sponsorship. Do you meet the requirements to be able to sponsor?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:43 am

JB007 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:33 am

18,600 pcm
Correction, pa not pcm.

Yasi007
Newly Registered

Post by Yasi007 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 am

Hi,
Thanks for Reply
I am Self-Employed my income of April 2019 to April 2020 is £26k and net income after expenses in £19.5 k
but due to Covid-19 i have been struggling this year so i applied UC.
Next week i am planing to apply Spouse Visa is it still ok to be registered with UC?
Due to health issue i was away from work for 2 month but i will be back to work next week.Now i am healthy :)
Thanks in Advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:14 am

Yasi007 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 am
Hi,
Thanks for Reply
I am Self-Employed my income of April 2019 to April 2020 is £26k and net income after expenses in £19.5 k
Next week i am planing to apply Spouse Visa is it still ok to be registered with UC?
Due to health issue i was away from work for 2 month but i will be back to work next week.Now i am healthy :)
Thanks in Advance
There are few temporary concessions which you can read at the end of this official guidance and also you can see there, other ways of meeting the financial requirement.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:24 am

Yasi007 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 am
Hi,
Thanks for Reply
I am Self-Employed my income of April 2019
Thanks in Advance
As seagul has said, look to see if sponsoring for a visa under your circumstances, is covered under the links he gave.

Universal Credit is a monthly claim. Will you still be claiming UC when you apply for a spouse visa? You might be aware that the Universal Credit MIF (Minimum Income Floor) for the self employed that was suspended due to the Pandemic, is due to expire on 13 November, although whether to start the MIF on that date is being debated.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uick-guide
https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2 ... EC0B6C0B1E