ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Goldfinger1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:59 am
EvanEdinger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am
I submitted June 15th and went through the app on August 28th with a dual submission on September 24th.

Still crickets. Just hope everything's okay :'D Every other visa and such I got I had a solicitor help me for an hour to be sure, but I was confident with this one. Hope it works out
I see a pattern here. Mostly all June applicants who went for dual submissions after 21st Sep are stuck including myself. Maybe the dual submission has pushed us back in queue!!
I have a similar timeline: 22nd June, IDV: 28th Aug, Dual submission: 25th Sep!!

I applied 3rd June, did biometrics only at Croydon on the 19th of August but no luck yet. I have given up now on checking emails everyday because its depressing seeing people who applied in August/Sept getting decisions everyday

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Alisaa wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:26 pm
Hi , just a quick update,
I have received an email today , Assumed this is a generic email.
I applied 6 June 2020
Did submit via idv app 27 august .
dual submission in 22 September 2020
Email from : MMST FMT

“ Dear recipient,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Yours sincerely

Managed Migration Support Team
Home Office”
I received that last week Thurs as well,

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:35 am

Hi,

I am new here. I just got my indefinite leave to remain. How long should I wait to apply for naturalization?

Also, I have a son born in the UK when can I apply naturalistic for him?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am

kiss300 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:35 am
Hi,

I am new here. I just got my indefinite leave to remain. How long should I wait to apply for naturalization?

You need to wait 12 months from receiving ILR, or apply immediately (if you got your BRP card) if you are the spouse of a British citizen.
You asked about your son's status in a separate post already - please keep your questions in one thread which makes it easier to answer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:31 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

You need to wait 12 months from receiving ILR, or apply immediately (if you got your BRP card) if you are the spouse of a British citizen.
You asked about your son's status in a separate post already - please keep your questions in one thread which makes it easier to answer.
Thank you.

My son's dad is not British so I am the only one with indefinite leave. Can I apply for naturalisation for my son with my current status and if so can you help me with the application link?

Thank you.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:38 am

kiss300 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:31 am
alterhase58 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

My son's dad is not British so I am the only one with indefinite leave. Can I apply for naturalisation for my son with my current status and if so can you help me with the application link?

Thank you.
If you are the spouse of a British citizen, apply immediately. Otherwise, you will have to wait for 12 months.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... w-to-apply

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:05 am

ukvisat2 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:38 am
kiss300 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Thank you.
If you are the spouse of a British citizen, apply immediately. Otherwise, you will have to wait for 12 months.
british-citizenship/child-naturalisatio ... l#p1954918
You can add your son to your own application - or separately apply for registration via form MN1.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:57 am

ukvisat2 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Thank you.
Thank you

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:57 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:05 am
ukvisat2 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you.
You can add your son to your own application - or separately apply for registration via form MN1.
Thank you

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:04 pm

Hello Group,
Alhamdulillah my British Citizenship has been approved today.
Thank you to all the group members who supported me and good luck to all those people who are still waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:04 pm
Hello Group,
Alhamdulillah my British Citizenship has been approved today.
Thank you to all the group members who supported me and good luck to all those people who are still waiting.
Congrats!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Peg_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Peg_uk » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:18 pm
Peg_uk wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:12 pm
Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted our naturalization application online on 6th June.
Submitted our documents through IDV on 1st Sep.

I was the main applicant but my husband received the generic email on 29th Oct that it may take more than 6 months.

May I ask:
1- What is the double submission everyone keeps referring to?
2- when we submitted online, we didn't receive any confirmation email. Is that normal?
Firstly no one is the main applicant for Naturalisation purpose. Both applications will be assessed on its own merits.
1) Ignore it. Its the past.
2) Yes many dont receive its normal. Its only an automated generic email sometimes not pushed. I haven't received mine either.
Thank you for your reply.

I know that the two applications will be processed separately but I added his application to my application and since the submission, all home-office related emails are only sent to my email address and never his (even though we had given his email address at the beginning of his form). So, it was strange that only this last "generic" email was only sent to him and not me.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:05 pm

@peg_uk

Family members are allowed to be in ONE account. You registered the account under your email address. The generic email has no relevance to the decision pace. It is simply system auto pushed emails. Sometimes they are pushed and sometimes not.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Update 30 Oct:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi,

Please what supporting document can b used for child naturalisation?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:36 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 pm
Hi,

Please what supporting document can b used for child naturalisation?
Thanks
You were advised previously also to start a new topic. This question is not relevant to this thread. Carry on here:

tahseen123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tahseen123 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:45 am

tahseen123 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:05 am
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on the forums to get updates regarding the timelines for Naturalization applications without participating. Needless to say this forum has been really helpful. So to help others I will post my update as well.

Applied: 15 May 20

UKVCAS IDV APP: Received email 26th Aug 20 @ 20:13

App download and Login: Use the same login and password as the UKVCAS website. It says you need the UAN(16 digit unique access no-this can be found on the document checklist page) but you don't need this if you get the invite to download the APP. I was not asked for the UAN when I logged in the APP.

Documents: Already uploaded and submitted via the UKVCAS website. They were already present when I
logged in the app.

Photo : Took a photo of the front of the face keeping the eyes in the circles provided in the app.

Live Video: The app tells you to move your head up, then left and down.

Submit: Pressed the submit button.

Will post when I get more updates.

Update on this:

As the IDV app submission didn't bring the result quickly, I decided to book an appointment on the 14 Oct 20 for fingerprint submission. Got the email approval for British Citizenship on the 28 Oct 20. So, dual submission worked for me.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 pm

novalicary wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:06 pm
mstan wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 pm
hemanthjava wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:46 pm

This seems like a generic email. However, UKVI may request anyone to submit biometrics in person after IDV app if need be. Make sure its not that?
Hi. I called up UKVI and they confirmed its a generic email. Phew!!!
I received the very same email on Thursday as well. Was hoping to see that someone had asked this question here, so thank you! (And glad to hear it's a generic email, and not an implicit reversal on my IDV invitation.)
I just received this email from NationalityCOVIDUKVCASReminders about my child's MN1 application; No mention of Me/Wife's AN application. :cry:

I'll try contacting UKVCAS on twitter but my question is can we take the reply from a social media person as the official response concerning citizenship matters? Has anyone with this email got approval yet?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:02 pm

@Aragon1
can we take the reply from a social media person as the official response concerning citizenship matters?
Exactly my concern too.

Let me dig more into it.

What date you applied?
What is the deadline as per your UKVI account?
What date this letter is received?
What is the deadline as per this letter?

Can you also copy paste the exact wordings? Make sure you hide all personal details.

Just trying to figure out if it is generic or mandatory action.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:08 pm

@Aragon1

How old is the child?
When was last child’s biometrics done?

Please answer all questions as stated above for me to have a full picture.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm

@CULLINAN: My details below. The more I read it, I'm getting a feeling that this is not a request made in error.

Date applied: 24/08/2020
Deadline in UKVI Account: 25/10/2020
Reminder Letter Received for child: 31/10/2020
Deadline as per Letter: 45 working days (from the date of this notification)
Child's Age: 6
Last Biometric: 03/2019 for ILR

I'm trying post the email but the site is blocking it as spam.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:13 pm

Email:

From: NationalityCOVIDUKVCASReminders <NationalityCOVIDUKVCASReminders@homeoffice.gov.uk>

Subject: Application Number Applicant Name

Dear Applicant,

Please find attached a reminder letter to enrol your biometrics through UKVCAS. In order to continue your application, you will need to log back into your account following the instructions below.

Q: How do I log back into create an UKVCAS account?

A: You will have received link at the time of applying which says “return to your application” you need to click on this to access your application. You can create your UKVCAS account by returning to section 6 (Further Action) of your online application and selecting the “Book Appointment” function.

You will be directed to our commercial partner’s website to register a UKVCAS account. You can also telephone the UKVCAS helpline via 08448920232 who can help you navigate the account creation or visit xxx

You can try contacting UKVCAS by email to ask them when they are likely to have any appointments. Click the link here and under “Related links” you can select either “Make an enquiry” and fill in the form and they will come back to you.

Kind regards

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:15 pm

Attached Letter:
UK Visas and Immigration
Permanent Migration
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Web: xxxxxxx

Case Reference Number: UAN - XXXXXXX

Dear applicant
Following your application for Naturalisation on 24/08/20. The COVID-19 pandemic
has significantly impacted all UKVI services. On 27 March, Sopra Steria Ltd (SSL)
closed all United Kingdom Visas and Application Services (UKVACS) service points
to protect the health and safety of both their staff and our customers. This decision
was taken in line with Government and PHE advice.

On 1 June 2020 SSL began a phased reopening of the UKVCAS service points
across the United Kingdom.  For those sites that have reopened, UKVCAS have
implemented additional measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of customers
and staff, and to provide a service in a COVID safe way in line with social distancing
requirements.

This letter serves to remind you that you now have 45 working days (from the
date of this notification) in which to make and attend an appointment to enrol your
biometrics. You must now return to your online application to book and attend an
appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to provide your
evidence and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints, facial photograph, signature).
When you book your appointment you will be advised what you need to bring with
you.

If you do not attend an appointment and enrol your biometric information your
application will be rejected as invalid. This will apply even if you have provided
all the other relevant information, evidence and payment required to validate
your application.

If you are under the age of 16 you must be accompanied by the responsible
adult you named as part of your application. If you are not accompanied by this
person your enrolment cannot be processed.
You and your parent/responsible adult must provide an acceptable form of
identity; this must be a passport, photo driving licence, national identity card or a UK
Biometric Residence Permit. The proof of identity will be checked against the details
given on the application form.
You can get more help by visiting our website at:
www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration

Frequently Asked Questions

Safe and Secure UKVCAS service points?
We know that some people are worried about attending an UKVCAS appointment
due to Covid-19.
 All our service points are clean and safe with social distancing precautions
built in, so you don’t have to worry when you attend an appointment. Check
the FAQs on the UKVCAS website for more information. We recommend you
read these before you attend your appointment.

There are a few simple rules that you need to follow when you come to your
appointment. These include:
 Please wear a face covering when you visit one of our Service Points.
 Please only bring named applicants with you to your appointment. For
any exceptions where one additional person may be permitted, see our FAQs.
 Do not attend an appointment if you are displaying any symptoms of
COVID-19. Please refer to the NHS website for any health-related questions.
 Check that you do not have to self-isolate if you have recently arrived in
the UK. If yes, you will not be able to attend a UKVCAS appointment within
the period of self-isolation See the UKVI website for more details here.

What if English is not my first language?
If you will have difficulty communicating you may wish to bring an interpreter or
English speaking person with you when you attend your appointment.

My personal details are incorrect on this letter, what should I do?
It is important you check that your name, date of birth and nationality on this letter.
This information must be the same as the information in your passport. If any of the
details are incorrect, please call the UK Visas &amp; Immigration Contact Centre on 0300123 2241. We will only update your details on our system once we have confirmed
the information is correct. Please do not contact us regarding the progress of your
application. Your application should still be completed within the customer service
standard.
If you are moving house or want to change your correspondence address, please
visit our website www.gov.uk/uk-visas-immigration.

What is biometric information?
Biometric information is a set of physical characteristics that can be used to identify
you, for example facial images and fingerprints. All applicants who require a
Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) are legally required to have a digital photo taken.
Children under the age of five years are only required to provide a photo; customers
five years and over must provide their fingerprints and photo. However, fingerprints
of children under six years old will not be stored on the BRP, but will be securely

stored on the Immigration and Asylum Biometric System (IABS). Applicants aged 16
and over must also provide a signature.

What happens when I give my biometric information?
Your photo and fingerprints will be taken electronically, so there is no ink and no
mess. We are aware of the need to protect the dignity, privacy and modesty of
applicants and you can raise any special requests when booking your appointment
at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point. Your biometric information
will be checked against police and immigration databases and held securely on IABS
in compliance with regulations made under section 8 of the UK Borders Act 2007, as
amended and the Data Protection Act 1998.
You must remove the following items during the biometric enrolment process:
 glasses/sunglasses
 headphones
 hats/scarves/other headgear (except those worn for religious reasons)
 Bluetooth headsets
Please note that the colour of head coverings can cause contrast issues when the
photo is taken. For some applicants wearing a religious head covering is necessary,
however, be aware that if a headscarf is too light in colour it may not be possible to
see it clearly against the grey background of the biometric enrolment station. Please
remember to wear a dark coloured headscarf.

What happens if I cannot enrol my biometric information?
If there are exceptional circumstances as to why you are unable to enrol your
biometric information within 10 working days from the date of this notification you
must call the UK Visas &amp; Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241 and explain
why you are unable to attend. Please be aware that we may request more
information and evidence about why you are unable to enrol your biometric features
Yours sincerely,

Home Office

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi all,

Looks like we are going to lock down again for one month. Any idea Biometric appointment centre stay open during lock down period ? We have an appointment booked 17/11. If they closed whats is the option ? Can I change the appointment booking ? I looked at account only option to cancel appointment. If I want to cancel the appointment and want to book in December is it possible ? Or should we wait for their email like first lock down ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:12 pm

Aragon1 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm
@CULLINAN: My details below. The more I read it, I'm getting a feeling that this is not a request made in error.

Date applied: 24/08/2020
Deadline in UKVI Account: 25/10/2020
Reminder Letter Received for child: 31/10/2020
Deadline as per Letter: 45 working days (from the date of this notification)
Child's Age: 6
Last Biometric: 03/2019 for ILR

I'm trying post the email but the site is blocking it as spam.
Your history tells that you (& child) submitted application via IDV app on 6/9. The reminder letter was issued on 31st Oct which is after the deadline as per UKVI account. The generic reminder usually comes a month before the deadline which is not the case. Also, the child is only 6. Last time in 2019 would be 4/5 and children change facial image very quick. I would suggest you to book an appointment for your child to be on the safe side.

Also the biometrics reuse criteria can be seen as below. Although, it says facial image for children below 16 should not be older than 2 years. Last was submitted in March 2019 so it was only 1.5 years old in Sep 2019, but you never know that maybe a reason.

Page 8:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf