ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home office rent

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zCIO
Newly Registered
Austria

Buying an existing business for T1

Post by zCIO » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:11 pm

Hello Respected members/gurus

I am on T1 200K individual route.
It seems i will not be able to achieve my planned business given the covid situation, and i am now exploring the option of buying a ready business.

One of the points i am trying to keep in mind the additioan employee/s i have to hire in addition to current staff.
One current business that i plan to buy the business from , told me that her staff (2employees) may leave once a new owner comes and i will have to hire new staff (which is ok with me). but my question is:

How will HO know that the employees i hired are new staff (vs the old staff) and hence i can satisfy the hiring condition for T1 extension.

so business A i plan to buy has been in business for 5 years, has 2 employees. I come and buy business A and hire 2 new employees. so in essence the total headcount needed to run the business has not changed, only the names of employees.
Does this work? or do i need to hire 2 new staff (in addition to 2 that i have replaced with the old one) so that total headcount becomes 4.

many thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Buying an existing business for T1

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Two points:

1. Money spent buying another business will NOT count as 'investment' under Tier 1E rules for the award of points. You need to invest 200K in a business that you already own.

2. The rules require you to increase the NET positions in the company you have taken over by TWO. This means that if you buy a business with two employees, you must create/maintain 4 positions or more for at least 12 months each. So if you buy this business and the employees leave, you must create 4 positions and NOT two. You must submit extra evidence if you buy/take over another business and show how many positions existed before you bought that business. That is how UKVI determines if you satisfied the requirements or not

You really need to go and read the Tier 1E guide. These are very clear there :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zCIO
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: Buying an existing business for T1

Post by zCIO » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 am

Thanks Zimba!

zCIO
Newly Registered
Austria

home office rent

Post by zCIO » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:54 pm

I have spent the first 3months working from my home. Is there a way that i can 'cross charge' some of the home rent to my company.
i.e my rent is 2000, can i say charge 300 per month to my company? someone told me that i have to declare this to the council as the council tax will change.
any help guidance is very much appreciated

marcnath

Re: home office rent

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:07 pm

zCIO wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:54 pm
I have spent the first 3months working from my home. Is there a way that i can 'cross charge' some of the home rent to my company.
i.e my rent is 2000, can i say charge 300 per month to my company? someone told me that i have to declare this to the council as the council tax will change.
any help guidance is very much appreciated
This has no relevance to immigration rules. Talk to your accountant as there can be tax implications also.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.