ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:44 pm

Hopefully we should ideally see an official UKVCAS update tomorrow.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:14 pm

poper wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:19 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:10 pm
poper wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:36 pm
@ajitu92, my contact received SET LR approval yesterday.

Application Date: 20 July
In-Person biometrics: 6 September
Decision: 31 Oct

Query raised by HO due to difference in job title on COS versus ILR application. This took a good 10 days to resolve
Thank you for letting all of us know @poper! Adding this to my spreadsheet. I'm assuming s/he was initially contacted around 21st Oct, then? Also curious that s/he was contacted regarding a Tier 2 related issue for a Set LR application but I guess it makes sense in a way.

Btw, how do you know so many people applying for Set LR? :D
I am in touch with people in my company on the same route as I am - Tier 2 ICT issued between April 2010 and April 2011 applying under Set LR having survived UK deputation for ten long years under the same company. Also some have friends within other organisations under the same visa.
I see a lot of guys who go through solicitors not part of this group as they seek advise from solicitors(for obvious reasons)
Ah, fair enough. Good big repository there then! Do let us know if you hear anything else :D
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:46 pm
If you’ve already made an appointment
We have contacted you if you made an appointment to attend a UKVCAS or SSC that is still temporary closed to let you know it has been postponed. You’ll be contacted when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment
Updated on 1st November 2020.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Does this apply? Any thoughts that UKVCAS appointments will be cancelled?
I feel that as UKVCAS has already been classed as an essential service, appointments may not be cancelled unless IDV is brought back. Equally, that may apply only to appointments that have already been booked and any new appointments may be restricted/throttled. We'll find out eventually when the flash message update comes through though.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Yes might be. If UKVCAS centres remain open, then travelling to “venues open” is classified as legal according to government’s latest guidance. I hope centres remain open. This lockdown is here to stay beyond 2nd Dec (speculation) and it will be a disastrous delay otherwise especially for new applicants.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Yes might be. If UKVCAS centres remain open, then travelling to “venues open” is classified as legal according to government’s latest guidance. I hope centres remain open. This lockdown is here to stay beyond 2nd Dec (speculation) and it will be a disastrous delay otherwise especially for new applicants.
I hope so too. Yes, it is a stark possibility that it may extend past 2nd Dec. I also do hope that the decision making for outstanding applications doesn't slow down. What a disaster of a year this has been!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:32 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:12 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
I hope so too. Yes, it is a stark possibility that it may extend past 2nd Dec. I also do hope that the decision making for outstanding applications doesn't slow down. What a disaster of a year this has been!
Feel for you mate. Atleast I have a job.
I hope the application processing is not put on hold as like April-June
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi All,
So what is the advice for new applicants who have been hoping against hope for priority services to resume? I'll be applying via standard route for Set LR and have valid visa currently. Should we wait for UKVCAS flash update or apply and book an appointment before anything changes in terms of discontinuation of physical appointments?
Thanks

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:50 pm

poper wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:32 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:12 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Feel for you mate. Atleast I have a job.
I hope the application processing is not put on hold as like April-June
Cheers mate. I hope so too. COVID has managed to excrete on all the jobs that I've managed to secure too. Don't know how I haven't gone insane yet 😂

For all those hoping and wondering whether UKVI will continue to function as normal, the below is what I found on https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-nationa ... 5-november . Just hope it also covers UKVI employees.
To help contain the virus, everyone who can work effectively from home must do so. Where people cannot do so (for instance people who work in critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing) they should continue to travel to work/attend their workplace. This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting vital sectors and employers.

Public sector employees working in essential services, including education settings, should continue to go into work. The risk of transmission can be substantially reduced if COVID-secure guidelines are followed closely. Extra consideration should be given to those people at higher risk.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Geek987 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:48 pm
Hi All,
So what is the advice for new applicants who have been hoping against hope for priority services to resume? I'll be applying via standard route for Set LR and have valid visa currently. Should we wait for UKVCAS flash update or apply and book an appointment before anything changes in terms of discontinuation of physical appointments?
Thanks
SP is suspended and no one knows when it will resume. SP is provided by UKVI not UKVCAS. Given the current climate, looks like SP will not resume anytime soon.

UKVCAS appointments are already running at a 28 days lag. So for instance, if tonight 12AM you see, the system should show slots for 30th Nov.

The best sensible thing to do is to book an appointment for 3rd Dec or later. To book a 3rd Dec appointment you will have to check the system after 12AM GMT 4-5th Nov.

We will know more once official update comes.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Geek987 wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks
I waited for 4 months for Priority to resume. It's unlikely now with the fresh lockdown and UKVI sitting on a 2-month delay for IDV cases.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks Cullinan.
Yes makes sense to wait for an official update and book for an appointment beyond 2nd Dec even though there could be a chance that the lockdown might get extended.
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:05 pm
Geek987 wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks
SP is suspended and no one knows when it will resume. SP is provided by UKVI not UKVCAS. Given the current climate, looks like SP will not resume anytime soon.

UKVCAS appointments are already running at a 28 days lag. So for instance, if tonight 12AM you see, the system should show slots for 30th Nov.

The best sensible thing to do is to book an appointment for 3rd Dec or later. To book a 3rd Dec appointment you will have to check the system after 12AM GMT 4-5th Nov.

We will know more once official update comes.

Geek987
Newly Registered
India

Post by Geek987 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Same with me, waiting for priority to resume. Given that the decisions were flowing in, even though varying with category, there was a slim hope. But not anymore with fresh lockdown.
navkant wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 pm
Geek987 wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks
I waited for 4 months for Priority to resume. It's unlikely now with the fresh lockdown and UKVI sitting on a 2-month delay for IDV cases.

vab
Mood:
India

Post by vab » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:08 am

Hi

UKVCAS twitted today morning.

Morning! UKVCAS is seen by the UK Government as an essential service and our staff as key workers. This means that customers can continue to book and attend appointments.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 am

vab wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:08 am
Hi

UKVCAS twitted today morning.

Morning! UKVCAS is seen by the UK Government as an essential service and our staff as key workers. This means that customers can continue to book and attend appointments.
Official link:

ameraj1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ameraj1 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 am

Hello Everyone,

I asked @UKVCAS on twitter that if I am allowed to travel to appointment center during lockdown and following is their reply.
Yes, you can, provided you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 and aren’t self-isolating. UKVCAS is an ‘essential service’ so travelling to a Service Point is legal.
also UKVCAS will remain open during lockdown.

I hope this helps.

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:53 am

My partner contacted UKVCAS on twitter and asked about the appointment. They replied with the info that the application has already been submitted via IDV and if personal appointment is attended, it will delay the application (due to duplicate records) and recommended cancelling the appointment.

We are confused, as we not seeing any SET(LR) approvals coming through the [via IDV only route]. My partner has now cancelled the appointment and we now have no other option but to pray :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:55 am

mumofmini wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:53 am
My partner contacted UKVCAS on twitter and asked about the appointment. They replied with the info that the application has already been submitted via IDV and if personal appointment is attended, it will delay the application (due to duplicate records) and recommended cancelling the appointment.

We are confused, as we not seeing any SET(LR) approvals coming through the [via IDV only route]. My partner has now cancelled the appointment and we now have no other option but to pray :)
UKVCAS clearly mentioned not to book dual submissions in their latest update already.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:04 am

mumofmini wrote:

According of what has been reported, I can confirm that there were few SET(LR) who used IDV only and got approved for few weeks now.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am

Ameline wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:04 am
mumofmini wrote:

According of what has been reported, I can confirm that there were few SET(LR) who used IDV only and got approved for few weeks now.
I concur. Proportion is lower but they're definitely around. To be honest I think Set (LR) is the only one where IDV or in person has made no difference as the lead time for Set (LR) sits at 3 months which is more than enough time for any IDV related backlog to be cleared.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:15 am

mumofmini wrote:

Don't do dual submission, I did my dual submission on 15th September after initial IDV on 28th August, I haven't heard anything and possibly because I did dual submission.

Entering November now, application date 22nd June SET (M)

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:16 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am
Ameline wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:04 am
mumofmini wrote:

I concur. Proportion is lower but they're definitely around. To be honest I think Set (LR) is the only one where IDV or in person has made no difference as the lead time for Set (LR) sits at 3 months which is more than enough time for any IDV related backlog to be cleared.
+1
One of my contacts who applied SET LR in July obtained decision by only submitting through IDV
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:35 am

Thank you all for your kind responses. Application was submitted on 4th August so we hope this week we will have a positive result for the application :)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm

Seen a couple of early August Set LR approvals on FB today. Expect some more people from this forum around the same time to get their emails through today/tomorrow!

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:27 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Seen a couple of early August Set LR approvals on FB today. Expect some more people from this forum around the same time to get their emails through today/tomorrow!
Any September Set O IDV only approvals yet? I don’t think I’ve seen any here :( Only some for late August applications.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:31 pm

Applied on August 5th. No feedback yet except the delay email back in September. I only used the IDV app and now regretting the decision. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics appointment.