ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Remote work for a uk government client, can I work from anywhere outside UK too?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Remote work for a uk government client, can I work from anywhere outside UK too?

Post by Truhislo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:27 am

Hi, I got a contract offer for a software role to work for a government client through a consultancy.
For now, it's remote work. The contract does not explain whether remote work is allowed within the country only or from anywhere in world. In case if I visit India in future , not sure I am allowed to work remotely from India for a couple of months. I can ask the agency who offered me , but hesitant to ask as it's a contract role.

Please let me know if its legal to do remote work from anywhere and just not within UK.

Thanks much

secret.simon

Re: Remote work for a uk government client, can I work from anywhere outside UK too?

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:02 am

That is not really an immigration issue, that is more an employment law issue and it likely depends on on the terms of the contract.

For instance, does the contract require you to be available for meetings in person at short notice? What would happen if there are sudden lockdowns in either India (where you want to base yourself) or the UK in the future and how will that impact your work, etc?

You need to consult an employment law lawyer or forum, not an immigration forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.