ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 pm

janinah wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:26 pm
Hi all,

Looks like we are going to lock down again for one month. Any idea Biometric appointment centre stay open during lock down period ? We have an appointment booked 17/11. If they closed whats is the option ? Can I change the appointment booking ? I looked at account only option to cancel appointment. If I want to cancel the appointment and want to book in December is it possible ? Or should we wait for their email like first lock down ?
Well tune in and listen to the PM’s press conference. We dont know yet.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:12 pm

Your history tells that you (& child) submitted application via IDV app on 6/9. The reminder letter was issued on 31st Oct which is after the deadline as per UKVI account. The generic reminder usually comes a month before the deadline which is not the case. Also, the child is only 6. Last time in 2019 would be 4/5 and children change facial image very quick. I would suggest you to book an appointment for your child to be on the safe side.

Also the biometrics reuse criteria can be seen as below. Although, it says facial image for children below 16 should not be older than 2 years. Last was submitted in March 2019 so it was only 1.5 years old in Sep 2019, but you never know that maybe a reason.

Page 8:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf
Thanks CULLINAN. I'll start looking for an appointment once we know that travel to UKVCAS sites is allowed under the lockdown.

Last time I checked the appointment booking was for the whole family group. I wonder if there will be an option to book one for just one applicant.

PS: A friend applied at around the same week as us under AN got the same email within a few hours of our email. Looks like a batch of emails went out this morning.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:08 pm

@Aragon1

It is still unclear how the lockdown will affect UKVCAS appointments. However I have suggestions for you:

1) UKVCAS is already running at a lag of 28 days. 28th day appointment opens up 12AM midnight. So if you check tonight 12AM, you are most likely looking at appointment slots for 29th Nov. Lockdown is till 2nd Dec. Look back next mid week and book for 4th Dec (a new day slots are added after 12AM).

2) We do not know if this email is generic or not. However, as suggested, no risks are best. This is interesting to recall that, in one group, you will all have to book appointments as you can not book an individual appointment. The best suggestion is to look for free slots if possible. If not, you will have to pay. Lets say, UKVCAS cancels your appointment presuming its a dual submission not required, your fee will be refunded anyways. If its not cancelled, it will be clear that it is a mandatory action required.

Note: Booking an appointment will not hinder your application’s progress via IDV. Lets say, you book an appointment for 4th Dec. It is a possibility you may get a decision before that (if this email will not be a mandatory action). If it happens, you can always cancel your appointment (refund up to 48 hrs before appointment date minus £10 admin fee).

The above is my analysis and suggestions. You have to decide for yourself what best you want to do with your application.

We will most likely see an UKVCAS flash message update soon as per new lockdown measures.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Post by tezzaaa » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:21 pm

I think it's still not clear if biometric appointments will be cancelled.. it was mentioned courts etc will still be open so there is hope maybe ie slight chance ; personally I have my appointment booked for 25th Nov but I will wait for them to cancel not me so that it's beyond my control.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:23 pm

tezzaaa wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:21 pm
I think it's still not clear if biometric appointments will be cancelled.. it was mentioned courts etc will still be open so there is hope maybe ie slight chance ; personally I have my appointment booked for 25th Nov but I will wait for them to cancel not me so that it's beyond my control.
IF any appointments cancelled due to lockdown, you will not be penalised for that. UKVCAS flash message in due course should clarify that or we will know soon with member’s sharing experience who are expecting appointments on/after Thursday 5th Nov.

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Post by tezzaaa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:59 am

Yes let's keep sharing info and all the best to all

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:46 am

Hi all

Just wanted to check whether there have been any free appointments to book lately. Could not see any free appointments.

I appreciate that free appointments get booked up very quickly and that I have to keep checking after midnight everyday for any cancellations. But just wanted to check whether UKVCAS is still offering free appointments or whether they have stopped offering free appointments altogether.

Thanks
Alakazam

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:48 am

Alakazam wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:46 am
Hi all

Just wanted to check whether there have been any free appointments to book lately. Could not see any free appointments.

I appreciate that free appointments get booked up very quickly and that I have to keep checking after midnight everyday for any cancellations. But just wanted to check whether UKVCAS is still offering free appointments or whether they have stopped offering free appointments altogether.

Thanks
Alakazam
What is the last day booking system showing if you log in now? 29th Nov? It is a Sunday. Weekend appointments are always paid. Check back tomorrow after midnight, system should show appointments for 30th Nov (Monday). You may get a free appointment then, if available. Check different locations.

SIG
Newly Registered

UKVCAS Appointment price

Post by SIG » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:50 am

Hi,
I have a query that when I look for UKVCAS appointments for biometrics for citizenship application, on some dates it states a price e.g. 330 pounds. Would this be cost for one applicant or all the applicants (3) applying together?
Also can paid appointments be changed/ modified or refunded?
Many Thanks for your guidance!

timmo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by timmo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:11 am

mstan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am
Nevertheless, given CULLINAN's advice, I will try to contact UKVI this morning to confirm whether this was boilerplate or specific instructions.
mstan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:18 am
Update: Called the UK Visas & Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241, which was the number in the emails. The first couple of options I tried were each dead-ends, with automated messages essentially telling me they could not provide me with additional information. The third option I tried directed me to the Coronavirus Information Help Centre (0800 678 1767). I got through to a human on that line pretty quickly, but unfortunately the person directed to contact UKVCAS instead (0844 892 0232), as "we've been getting a lot of calls about this lately, and they're the ones who will know more about your specific circumstance" (paraphrase). Searching that number pulls up some pretty poor anecdotes about very long wait times, so I'll DM them on Twitter first and see how that goes (thanks cullinan).

All it takes is one email and all the application anxiety comes flooding right back!
Thanks everyone for posting so far, this makes me feel better.

I received the same email this morning (having submitted via IDV on the 11th September). I'm sure booking appointments is no longer a possibility given lockdown 2.0

I'll be sure to contact UKVCAS directly to confirm, but its helpful to know that so far this seems to have been sent in error.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Appointment price

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:09 am

SIG wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:50 am
Hi,
I have a query that when I look for UKVCAS appointments for biometrics for citizenship application, on some dates it states a price e.g. 330 pounds. Would this be cost for one applicant or all the applicants (3) applying together?
Also can paid appointments be changed/ modified or refunded?
Many Thanks for your guidance!
Price for all in the group.
You may cancel appointments and book again. Your price will be refunded minus £10 admin charge per applicant if you cancel up to 48 hours before your appointment. No refund if less than 48hrs are left.

BarFon19
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by BarFon19 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:10 am

Hi All:

Apologies, just reading on the post trying to see if anyone has answer my question.
Basically I applied for my SON sep 5th and got the letter from UKVCAs to submit photo using the APP on the 17th SEP. I called several times since I did not get confirmation on email for the submission and now received the same email posted reminding me to get an appointment but not from UKVI.

My deadline was on the 6th of NOV, I got a appointment just in case on the 26th. But not sure If I have to since the documents were uploaded in SEP and this is just a reminder...

Can someone share a light what may be happening. I will try contact UKVCAS tomorrow...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:18 am

BarFon19 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:10 am
Hi All:

Apologies, just reading on the post trying to see if anyone has answer my question.
Basically I applied for my SON sep 5th and got the letter from UKVCAs to submit photo using the APP on the 17th SEP. I called several times since I did not get confirmation on email for the submission and now received the same email posted reminding me to get an appointment but not from UKVI.

My deadline was on the 6th of NOV, I got a appointment just in case on the 26th. But not sure If I have to since the documents were uploaded in SEP and this is just a reminder...

Can someone share a light what may be happening. I will try contact UKVCAS tomorrow...
Did you try reading the previous discussion on the topic?? Page 94.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Given the lockdown, can we still book and attend the UKVCAS centres for biometrics? I mean, if UKVCAS still continues to offer available appointments, can we attend these or it will be in breach of lockdown rules? I read somewhere that UKVCAS is considered as essential service and its workers are 'key workers', but not sure what it means. I need an appointment for naturalisation biometrics.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:53 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:51 pm
Given the lockdown, can we still book and attend the UKVCAS centres for biometrics? I mean, if UKVCAS still continues to offer available appointments, can we attend these or it will be in breach of lockdown rules? I read somewhere that UKVCAS is considered as essential service and its workers are 'key workers', but not sure what it means. I need an appointment for naturalisation biometrics.
It is still unclear. Not sure if one is allowed to leave house for an UKVCAS appointment during lockdown. More clarity should follow soon as per official updates.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:28 pm

I am suspecting UKVCAS appointments will be cancelled during the lockdown. We still have to wait for official updates (expected tomorrow) but reading the government guidance, no where it says you can leave house for a non-urgent appointment, unless medical reasons, during the lockdown 5th Nov - 2nd Dec.
We might see a return of IDV APP and potential delays.

ar1234
Newly Registered

Post by ar1234 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:19 pm

timmo wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:11 am
mstan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am
Nevertheless, given CULLINAN's advice, I will try to contact UKVI this morning to confirm whether this was boilerplate or specific instructions.
mstan wrote:
Update: Called the UK Visas & Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241, which was the number in the emails. The first couple of options I tried were each dead-ends, with automated messages essentially telling me they could not provide me with additional information. The third option I tried directed me to the Coronavirus Information Help Centre (0800 678 1767). I got through to a human on that line pretty quickly, but unfortunately the person directed to contact UKVCAS instead (0844 892 0232), as "we've been getting a lot of calls about this lately, and they're the ones who will know more about your specific circumstance" (paraphrase). Searching that number pulls up some pretty poor anecdotes about very long wait times, so I'll DM them on Twitter first and see how that goes (thanks cullinan).

All it takes is one email and all the application anxiety comes flooding right back!

I received the same email this morning (having submitted via IDV on the 11th September). I'm sure booking appointments is no longer a possibility given lockdown 2.0

I'll be sure to contact UKVCAS directly to confirm, but its helpful to know that so far this seems to have been sent in error.
I received the same 45-day reminder email on 31st morning. Assuming it's an automated message sent out and no action is required. I submitted my details via the IDV app on 9 Sep and haven't heard anything back other than this email.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:01 pm

My spouse have a biometric appointment in 17/11 for naturalisation application. We uploaded all the documents already but haven’t submitted yet. One thing, haven’t found any declaration sign required by the applicant this time other than two referees’ signed declaration. Where In the ILR application we had to upload a declaration signed page with other documents. Isn’t require any declaration sign by the applicant for naturalisation ?

Another thing my spouse only received ILR last month and had biometric appointment for that in August 2020. I was expecting email invitation for IDV apps this time, instead only found instruction to book biometric appointment within 2 months after submitting the application and link to UKVCAS.

Sorry instead of creating another topic, I posted here as it is related to biometric appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:06 pm

Cat8118 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 pm
Dear Experts,

With the help of the guidance on this forum, I have now completed the online application form for my son.
After the payment page, it asked me to download the following:
1) Referee declaration form
2) Parent consent form

After that there is a link to book biometric appointment, I registered at the UKVCAS page where it asked me to look for nearest service point. The issue I have are:

a) There are no appointments available in 3-4 service points I looked at. Do I need to keep checking on a daily
basis?
b) Moreover I haven't got an option to upload any of the documents yet, would that option only come when I book my appointment?
c) I had used IDV for my ILR, is that not an option in this case?

Any steer on the above would help. Many thanks in advance.

Cat
a) Look 12AM GMT after midnight.
b) Document upload option should be there at the top of UKVCAS account.
c) IDV is the past.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:09 pm

janinah wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:01 pm
My spouse have a biometric appointment in 17/11 for naturalisation application. We uploaded all the documents already but haven’t submitted yet. One thing, haven’t found any declaration sign required by the applicant this time other than two referees’ signed declaration. Where In the ILR application we had to upload a declaration signed page with other documents. Isn’t require any declaration sign by the applicant for naturalisation ?

Another thing my spouse only received ILR last month and had biometric appointment for that in August 2020. I was expecting email invitation for IDV apps this time, instead only found instruction to book biometric appointment within 2 months after submitting the application and link to UKVCAS.

Sorry instead of creating another topic, I posted here as it is related to biometric appointment.
This is not an immigration application. You are making a Citizenship application that falls under the Nationality laws. You can not compare both. No declaration needed. The declaration is at the end of the online form. You only tick a box. No physical signature required.

IDV is the past. You have to book an appointment now.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:28 pm
I am suspecting UKVCAS appointments will be cancelled during the lockdown. We still have to wait for official updates (expected tomorrow) but reading the government guidance, no where it says you can leave house for a non-urgent appointment, unless medical reasons, during the lockdown 5th Nov - 2nd Dec.
We might see a return of IDV APP and potential delays.
UKVCAS has 'Essential Service' status as Per website. They should be operating as usual but perhaps with limited no of appointments. I hope this should be the case.

"COVID-19 - UKVCAS has 'Essential Service' status
UKVCAS is seen by the UK Government as an essential service and our staff as key workers. This means that our Service Points throughout the UK will remain open, so customers can continue to book and attend appointments to progress their visa applications"

timmo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by timmo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am

ar1234 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:19 pm
timmo wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:11 am
mstan wrote:

I received the same 45-day reminder email on 31st morning. Assuming it's an automated message sent out and no action is required. I submitted my details via the IDV app on 9 Sep and haven't heard anything back other than this email.
I just called this morning, first thing. Took 10 minutes to get through, but they were really great - super professional and straight to the point. In my case at least, they've confirmed the system has generated this email automatically and in error as it has no knowledge of the UKVCAS/IDV system. *phew*

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am

timmo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am
I just called this morning, first thing. Took 10 minutes to get through, but they were really great - super professional and straight to the point. In my case at least, they've confirmed the system has generated this email automatically and in error as it has no knowledge of the UKVCAS/IDV system. *phew*
Did you asked whether the appointments will be continued to be offered by the UKVCAS during the lockdown or not? Can you share the phone number you called?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:12 am

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:25 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:12 am
Good News. Thank you Cullinan. I hope Home Office later does not use the travelling during the lockdown to attend the UKVCAS appointment against applicants' good character!