ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lukeh8793
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by lukeh8793 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:33 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:27 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Seen a couple of early August Set LR approvals on FB today. Expect some more people from this forum around the same time to get their emails through today/tomorrow!
Any September Set O IDV only approvals yet? I don’t think I’ve seen any here :( Only some for late August applications.
No, haven’t seen any yet. Latest I’ve seen for IDV only SET(O) is Aug 26.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:31 pm
Applied on August 5th. No feedback yet except the delay email back in September. I only used the IDV app and now regretting the decision. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics appointment.
I had an appointment booked for dual submission but it was cancelled, so you never really know. I hope you get your decision soon!

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm

lukeh8793 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:33 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:27 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Seen a couple of early August Set LR approvals on FB today. Expect some more people from this forum around the same time to get their emails through today/tomorrow!
Any September Set O IDV only approvals yet? I don’t think I’ve seen any here :( Only some for late August applications.
No, haven’t seen any yet. Latest I’ve seen for IDV only SET(O) is Aug 26.
Yep, me too. I think we are underestimating the IDV backlog. The app became available only at the end of August, we have no idea how many applications were submitted through it and how long it takes UKVI to process just 1 day. It might be days, or even weeks.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm
klownking wrote:
Applied on August 5th. No feedback yet except the delay email back in September. I only used the IDV app and now regretting the decision. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics appointment.
I had an appointment booked for dual submission but it was cancelled, so you never really know. I hope you get your decision soon!
That is the reason I am not going for the dual submission now. I am hoping to see the IDV app acceleration this week. It is just going nuts in HO, how they are processing the applications. :?:

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:45 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm
klownking wrote:
That is the reason I am not going for the dual submission now. I am hoping to see the IDV app acceleration this week. It is just going nuts in HO, how they are processing the applications. :?:
I had a look at your timelines, I think you must get your decision very soon, maybe even this week. Fingers crossed!

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:52 pm

HO said they had 101000 applications submitted via the IDV app, as of Oct 6:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... e.pdf.html

It would take no fewer than 10 people to process 1000 applications a day. Assuming they employ a team of 10 people who go through the submissions (which they easily might not have), they would need 100+ days to clear the IDV backlog. I think people who submitted later in Sept (including myself) are in for a long wait.
Last edited by dannyjjj on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks, Man. If I get the decision this week then I will give you a treat. :) I am hoping to get feedback this week as well.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:52 pm

It would take no fewer than 10 people to process 1000 applications a day. Assuming they employ a team of 10 people who go through the submissions (which they easily might not have), they would need 100+ days to clear the IDV backlog. I think people who submitted later in Sept (including myself) are in for a long wait.
Oh, God... It means we should not have high hopes from the HO. I think I should stop expecting a reply this week, calm down and expect a reply in 4 weeks.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:19 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 pm
dannyjjj wrote:

Oh, God... It means we should not have high hopes from the HO. I think I should stop expecting a reply this week, calm down and expect a reply in 4 weeks.
To be honest I am expecting mine by March 2021 now (applied 04/09). I am a SET(M) applicant though which seem to be the slowest and the most ambiguous. I am not checking my emails every second anymore, however, I will go for my complaint against the Home Office and they might put my application for 2023 after I complain lol but I dont care.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:19 pm
klownking wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:

To be honest I am expecting mine by March 2021 now (applied 04/09). I am a SET(M) applicant though which seem to be the slowest and the most ambiguous. I am not checking my emails every second anymore, however, I will go for my complaint against the Home Office and they might put my application for 2023 after I complain lol but I don't care.
LOLXXXX...... I was going to lodge a complaint last week but I thought, it is not good to annoy the CW.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:48 pm
Both UKVI & UKVCAS staff are classified as key workers which is a good thing. But, I think they should also do some work as well. Don't just label them key workers.

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:03 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:32 pm
I have just sent email to WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk and asked for application status. Let's see if I will get any response.

#Update

Received automated reply:

"This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

Emails to this inbox should only relate to open Tier 2 or 5 applications made from within the United Kingdom where a decision is still to be made.

Any other queries will not be responded to.

If your query is related to any other matter please visit our website at the following address
".

my application is Set (O) T2G 5 year route; I don't think I will get any response from UKVI on my email...
I received update on the email I sent above

Dear XXXX

Your application was submitted on 15-Sep-2020, the service standard for ILR application is that we will decide the application within 6 months of the application raised date.

You do not need to take any further action and once your application is with a case worker they will contact you if they need any further information.

Kind regards,

Does that mean that my application was not even assigned to case worker yet? after 1.5 month?

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:05 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Both UKVI & UKVCAS staff are classified as key workers which is a good thing. But, I think they should also do some work as well. Don't just label them key workers.
Where did you get the confirmation that UKVI is also classified as Essential? I reckon it is but I just coulnt find any info...And the backlog lies with UKVI as much as with UKVCAS...

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:18 pm

fx125 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:05 pm
klownking wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Where did you get the confirmation that UKVI is also classified as Essential? I reckon it is but I just couldn't find any info...And the backlog lies with UKVI as much as with UKVCAS...
I though all the government employees/contractors are classified as essential workers. Also, if the UKVI is not working then I don't see any point for the UKVCAS to open during the lockdown. Please correct me if I am wrong.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:44 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:18 pm
fx125 wrote:
klownking wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Where did you get the confirmation that UKVI is also classified as Essential? I reckon it is but I just couldn't find any info...And the backlog lies with UKVI as much as with UKVCAS...
I though all the government employees/contractors are classified as essential workers. Also, if the UKVI is not working then I don't see any point for the UKVCAS to open during the lockdown. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah you are right...I'm too driven by facts n figures after suffering alot from this rule-based world of UK law and forgot the basic common sense...

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:45 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:18 pm
fx125 wrote:
klownking wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
FYI.
For all those hoping and wondering whether UKVI will continue to function as normal, the below is what I found on https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-nationa ... 5-november . Just hope it also covers UKVI employees.
To help contain the virus, everyone who can work effectively from home must do so. Where people cannot do so (for instance people who work in critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing) they should continue to travel to work/attend their workplace. This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting vital sectors and employers.

Public sector employees working in essential services, including education settings, should continue to go into work. The risk of transmission can be substantially reduced if COVID-secure guidelines are followed closely. Extra consideration should be given to those people at higher risk.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:02 pm

klownking wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:

I went through the limited set of data we have on IDV only SET(O) apps
The number of days from IDV submission to approval has been increasing steadily
For approvals made in the last week of September, it took 20-30 days from day of IDV submission until day of approval email
For approvals made in the last week of October, it took 40 to over 50 days from the day of IDV submission to the day of approval email.
The three most recent data points were 51, 54, 53. So I am guessing it will take 60 days from the day of IDV sub for me to receive an approval. Based on that, another 2 weeks of waiting...

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:12 pm

lukeh8793 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:02 pm
klownking wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:

For approvals made in the last week of September, it took 20-30 days from day of IDV submission until day of approval email
For approvals made in the last week of October, it took 40 to over 50 days from the day of IDV submission to the day of approval email.
The three most recent data points were 51, 54, 53. So I am guessing it will take 60 days from the day of IDV sub for me to receive an approval. Based on that, another 2 weeks of waiting...
I submitted my biometrics on the 5th of September. So, it means either I am forgotten by the HO or put into the FILO (First in Last out) queue.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:16 pm

What’s suddenly happened to the swift Set O decisions ( in person biometrics )? Only a handful reported last week. Lockdown or not it’s just gone slow.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:50 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:12 pm
lukeh8793 wrote:
klownking wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:

I submitted my biometrics on the 5th of September. So, it means either I am forgotten by the HO or put into the FILO (First in Last out) queue.
When was your application date? If in August you might hear back soon. If in September they might wait until all August cases are done... but just my guess...

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:55 pm

lukeh8793 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:50 pm
klownking wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:12 pm
lukeh8793 wrote:
klownking wrote:

When was your application date? If in August you might hear back soon. If in September they might wait until all August cases are done... but just my guess...
I applied on the 5th of August and done the biometrics on 5th of September via IDP app. Working with the same employer from last 5 years. The case is extremely simple and straightforward (this is what I think). We will see what happens in the coming weeks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:01 pm

UKVCAS website changed too:
UKVCAS SERVICE STATUS UKVCAS is an essential service so will remain open throughout the lockdown period. Find out more
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aclondon
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aclondon » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:08 pm

gag285 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:16 pm
What’s suddenly happened to the swift Set O decisions ( in person biometrics )? Only a handful reported last week. Lockdown or not it’s just gone slow.
Is it because of the school half-term break last week? I'm waiting for set O...

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:46 pm

gag285 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:16 pm
Only 2 reported last week. Rest all were dual submissions. Hope it picks up this week. Monday is gone with no decisions.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022