ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:31 am

11. Travel
You should avoid travelling in or out of your local area, and you should look to reduce the number of journeys you make. However you can and should still travel for a number of reasons, including:

travelling to work where this cannot be done from home
travelling to education and for caring responsibilities
hospital GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
visiting venues that are open,
including essential retail
exercise, if you need to make a short journey to do so

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-nationa ... 5-november
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am

I just had a call with nice lady at UKVCAS and she said that this is a generic email sent to all applicants and they've been getting plenty of calls about this for a few weeks now. She checked and confirmed that there are no issues reported in our biometric data submitted by the app and asked not to book an in-person appointment. I'm torn. :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

timmo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by timmo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:57 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am
Did you asked whether the appointments will be continued to be offered by the UKVCAS during the lockdown or not? Can you share the phone number you called?
I did not. The number I called was for UKVCAS, 0844 892 0232

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:18 pm

I too got the '45 days' email today...
Surprisingly, my application has 3 people.The 45 days email came separately for both minor applicants only. Not for the adult applicant.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm

I am suspecting the request to submit biometrics for minors is not generic even if UKVCAS call centre claims otherwise. I really do not trust what they say. But obviously, its your application and your decision what you want to do.
Also, these generic emails are not reported even once in the ILR forum. I am suspecting it has to do with the minor’s old facial image duration (in their system) before granting citizenship.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Thank you ..I will give a call tomorrow anyways..
But the thing which makes me to think that this is a generic email is, my minor applicants had ILR hardly 4 months back. So the existing biometric is just 4 months old.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:37 pm

surabhi wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 pm
But the thing which makes me to think that this is a generic email is, my minor applicants had ILR hardly 4 months back. So the existing biometric is just 4 months old.
Maybe but only for minors and not adults in the same group, makes me think otherwise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:55 am

Suggestion:

@12AM midnight GMT NEW RELEASE of appointments.

November example:
3rd Nov (Tues) - book an appointment for 30th Nov (Mon)
4th Nov (Wed) - book an appointment for 1s Dec (Tuesday)
5th Nov (Thurs) - book an appointment for 2nd Dec (Wednesday)
7th Nov (Saturday) - book an appointment for 4th Dec (Friday)

Note: If you want to look for free appointments during November do not look on Sundays and Mondays as the the system will release appointments for Saturday (paid) and Sunday (paid) 4 weeks apart.

Free appointments are only available on week days (IF ANY). Best to look Tues - Sat during November as the system opens up a new date every night 12 AM GMT as shown in the example above.

PS: Look for different locations using different city postcodes if you are/can open to travel.

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:37 pm
surabhi wrote:
Maybe but only for minors and not adults in the same group, makes me think otherwise.
Please let me know what they say by phone. As I wrote a week ago, I applied with my son (minor) and he received the 45 day message and I did not. We submitted via IDV app on 5 Sept. Applied July 12. I DM’d after the message and they looked up our application and said all was in order for both of us relating to biometrics and to ignore. We have saved the messages.

novalicary
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by novalicary » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm

novalicary wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:37 pm
surabhi wrote:
Please let me know what they say by phone. As I wrote a week ago, I applied with my son (minor) and he received the 45 day message and I did not. We submitted via IDV app on 5 Sept. Applied July 12. I DM’d after the message and they looked up our application and said all was in order for both of us relating to biometrics and to ignore. We have saved the messages.

Sorry, should have added we did biometrics for ILR in March. So 6 months ago.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:44 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:50 pm

littlebuns

Post by littlebuns » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:41 pm

According to the ukvcas update "your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.", but recently mostly September applicants were getting news.

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Hansi89 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:05 pm

this is from UKVCAS status update page about - UKVI - handling IDV submitted applications in date order
UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.
this part is clear. and then they say the below:
In some cases, this may mean that customers that submitted their applications via IDV on the same day may not receive a decision from UKVI at the same time as their registration dates will be different.
am i stupid to understand what is being said or is there a error in this last sentence?

I have applied (paid) and registered with UKVCAS on 03-June and submitted my docs somewhere in August but submitted photo etc via IDV on 28th August.

so if I understand correctly they should be working on the June 3rd date not when it is submitted via IDV?

any thoughts anyone? :)

thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:09 pm

@Hansi89

Probably applications are picked up in date order initially. The straight forward ones or the ones which require no enquiries are decided quickly.

The rest are put aside for more enquiries. Some enquiries come back quicker than other’s.

Plus depends when the CW picks it up back again.

The standard is 6 months. You are at 5 months. Should hear during November.

Qasimhb1
Newly Registered

Post by Qasimhb1 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Aragon1 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am
I just had a call with nice lady at UKVCAS and she said that this is a generic email sent to all applicants and they've been getting plenty of calls about this for a few weeks now. She checked and confirmed that there are no issues reported in our biometric data submitted by the app and asked not to book an in-person appointment. I'm torn. :roll:
Hi
Did you get that generic email with your case reference number in attachment???

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Hansi89 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:09 pm
@Hansi89

Probably applications are picked up in date order initially. The straight forward ones or the ones which require no enquiries are decided quickly.

The rest are put aside for more enquiries. Some enquiries come back quicker than other’s.

Plus depends when the CW picks it up back again.

The standard is 6 months. You are at 5 months. Should hear during November.
Hmm yeah little more patience I suppose

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Qasimhb1 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:38 pm
Aragon1 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am
Hi
Did you get that generic email with your case reference number in attachment???
Yes but only for the child applicant in my group. We're still not sure if it is generic or not.

Qasimhb1
Newly Registered

Post by Qasimhb1 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Thx :?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Alakazam » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi all

On the UKVCAS website, the Document Upload webpage says that you can upload documents in stages right up to your appointment time. After payment however, the appointment booking webpage says that the option to submit uploaded documents is only available 48 hours before appointment.

Which one is it? 48 hours or right up to appointment time?

Has anyone uploaded documents 1 day before the appointment without any issues?

I wish there was some consistency in the instructions.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Alakazam
You can upload anytime before or at the appointment (if you pay extra) and can be submitted at the appointment.
The 48hour window only applies IF you want to SELF-submit.

Do not confuse “upload” and “submit” or “self-submit.”

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:30 pm
Post by Alakazam » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi all

On the UKVCAS website, the Document Upload webpage says that you can upload documents in stages right up to your appointment time. After payment however, the appointment booking webpage says that the option to submit uploaded documents is only available 48 hours before appointment.

Which one is it? 48 hours or right up to appointment time?

Has anyone uploaded documents 1 day before the appointment without any issues?

I wish there was some consistency in the instructions.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Alakazam
You can upload anytime before or at the appointment (if you pay extra) and can be submitted at the appointment.
The 48hour window only applies IF you want to SELF-submit.

Do not confuse “upload” and “submit” or “self-submit.”
Thanks for the quick response again Cullinan.

I cancelled my appointment because of the 48 hour statement and tried to rebook. But it is not allowing me to rebook cause of a payment template loading error. Is there like freeze period where you are not allowed to rebook 1 hour within cancellation or something like that?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Oh no!! You will have to rebook now. If your appointment was paid and cancelled within 48 hours window, you will not get refund either. Maybe you can not book the same slot again. You will have to try or see more appointments 12AM GMT. Earliest will be for 2nd Dec now.

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 pm
Oh no!! You will have to rebook now. If your appointment was paid and cancelled within 48 hours window, you will not get refund either. Maybe you can not book the same slot again. You will have to try or see more appointments 12AM GMT. Earliest will be for 2nd Dec now.
I managed to secure a paid appointment for Monday 9th Nov. I think the webpage got a bit confused earlier since it gave a status of "Payment Pending" but I could not pay cause of the template loading error message. I just waited 30 minutes for the reservation to time out and managed to rebook.

Thanks for your help Cullinan.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Alakazam wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 pm
I managed to secure a paid appointment for Monday 9th Nov. I think the webpage got a bit confused earlier since it gave a status of "Payment Pending" but I could not pay cause of the template loading error message. I just waited 30 minutes for the reservation to time out and managed to rebook.

Thanks for your help Cullinan.
When was your old appointment which you cancelled? Was it paid?